Initial dose: how soon did effects show?

dandam

Explorer
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome
Once you took your first injection, how quickly did appetite suppression kick in? I’ve just begun again with a single 1.5 mg shot, and I’m trying to figure out the typical timeframe before I can count on meaningful suppression. How did it go for you?
 
Yesterday morning I took my very first 1mg. It seems like some effect is already present – previously I was constantly binging on carbs, basically nonstop. Since yesterday and today, that has improved. Boredom snacking is still happening for me. However, I instinctively went for foods with more protein. If even this small dose is producing SOMETHING, then I feel hopeful that noticeable effects will arrive before long and I'll quit snacking altogether.
 
If this is a 'restart' for you, then the most useful reference point is how things went the first time around. Responses vary from person to person. In my case, I noticed something roughly a couple of hours after taking my initial 2.5mg dose of tirz.
 
JulezZ said:

Yesterday morning I took my very first 1mg. It seems like some effect is already present – previously I was constantly binging on carbs, basically nonstop. Since yesterday and today, that has improved. Boredom snacking is still happening for me. However, I instinctively went for foods with more protein. If even this small dose is producing SOMETHING, then I feel hopeful that noticeable effects will arrive before long and I'll quit snacking altogether.
Was your start with Tirz, or with Reta?
 
I began Reta at 1mg. A few days in, my appetite shifted a little, though the real difference hit around week 2. During week 2, I also moved up to 2mg.
 
My very first injection came from a Mounjaro pen, and the effect hit me immediately! It was comparable to trying noise cancelling headphones for the first time. My thoughts simply went quiet. After that, a rush came over me. I sensed it moving through my bloodstream. I suppose I was anxious as well. Later on, I learned that I could be a hyper-responder. Because of this, I managed to remain at 2.5 indefinitely, and 18months on I am still taking only 5mg. I have not yet used grey tirz, but I hope to before long, provided my order shows up.
 
On reta..hmm. Around the 2-month mark, once I injected 6mg, my appetite was suppressed.

That experience taught me something: I'm a hypo responder when it comes to every peptide and medication.
 
With Tirz (the original mounjaro), it took 5 weeks before I noticed anything! I´m someone who requires larger doses; right now 15mg isn´t doing much for me anymore...
 
Could be all in my head, but after injecting 1mg of Reta it seemed to kick in right away — I mean just a couple of hours later. Even at that low amount, food noise is still there for sure, yet it's dropped a LOT. On top of that, I now fill up way faster during a meal. My first pin was Friday, then I chose to add .5mg on the Monday after. I'm still figuring out the best approach for my body, but my guess is 2mg weekly might be right for me. 1mg Friday, then 1mg again Monday or Tuesday.
 
Began with brand-name tirzepatide, and it hit within the first 2 hours. I injected my initial dose once I got off work, and when dinner came around, eating was impossible.
 
Back
Top