Increasingly annoyed and could use some guidance

JPA85 said:

Hi everyone, I'm new around here, though retatrutide and I go back a while. My first encounter with Reta happened around June / July of last year. I spent £250 on a 40mg pen from a vendor I'd previously bought other items from, and decided to try it.

I realize pre-filled pens aren't anywhere near the cheapest route for getting Reta. Still, the results were so remarkable and one pen carried me through 10+ weeks, so paying that amount 4-5 times per year for a consistent outcome would suit me fine. That's exactly where the problem starts, though.

After that first injection, weight came off effortlessly, I felt fantastic, and both my appetite for food and my urge to drink basically vanished. It was an incredible experience, maybe even transformative.

Of course I wanted to repeat it, so I ordered another pen, this time through a different vendor that supposedly used the same manufacturer. This time I felt nothing at all. No weight movement, no appetite shift, nothing. I kept increasing the dose, eventually reaching 12mg, and still nothing happened. The conclusion seems obvious: whatever this was, it wasn't what I'd had before.

So I moved on and found more, once again from a UK-based seller, this time to reconstitute on my own. From what I read on Reddit and elsewhere, people who reconstitute themselves tend to report better outcomes. I did my homework to locate a trusted, reputable source, even knowing the vials are ultimately shipped from China and marked up.

I'm a couple of weeks in now, only at 2.5mg this time, and once again I'm feeling nothing. At this point I'm getting a bit frustrated, because either legitimate Reta has become harder to find than it was 6 months ago, or I'm making a mistake somewhere. As I see it, at least 1 of these has to apply:

a) both products I've bought recently are fake

b) my body is taking longer to respond second time around

c) I need a much higher dose this time around

d) I'm somehow storing and / or injecting it wrong

I just don't know how to get to the real answer. How should I go about troubleshooting these possibilities?

Option a) feels like the most probable explanation, and maybe I just got lucky the first time. But I can't be certain, and even if that's what's happening, I don't know where to look next, since I'd tried to be pretty careful with my sourcing each time.

I'd really value hearing everyone's thoughts and experiences, because I'm getting more and more discouraged. Thanks!

If anything needs clarifying, just ask.
I get the frustration. All week I've been trying to work out which vendors actually have my item in stock, which ones are trustworthy, and which have passing tests. This endless digging has my eyes aching.

So when it comes to the forum's premium sponsors, can I just assume buying from them is fine? Finding the lowest price no longer matters to me. I simply want to avoid being scammed. Honestly, at this stage I'm willing to risk the endotoxins.
 
No one can promise you will never get ripped off. A few months back plenty of the best-known, dependable sellers simply vanished after the crackdowns in china, and plenty of buyers lost money doing it. Anyone who contacts you out of the blue: do not buy from them. Going with the seller whose posts get the most views? Popularity is as decent a signal as any that others rate them. Going with sellers who have been trading a long time? None of the vendors, premium or not, are actually tested and verified. The site owner reckons the process is so easily corrupted that it would not stay reliable for long, so it only creates false confidence.

Best case, find someone who publishes plenty of COA's, and better yet dig up third party results on what a seller ships — that is the strongest reason to believe they move what they claim. Oddly enough, buyers do tend to receive roughly what they paid for, close to always. A vendor's order book can collapse from a handful of complaints or a single bad independent result that costs them thousands, or hundreds of thousands, in lost revenue, and that threat seems enough to keep them straight, provided you are not buying off some tiktok seller who appeared yesterday. When I reckon every second supplement on Amazon US is dodgy, it is funny that anonymous Chinese internet drug dealers turn out more dependable.

If you want maximum safety, throw money at testing what you buy. Nothing else makes certain.

Buy in smaller amounts, so a scam costs you less, and decide how you want to pay; without crypto your options narrow a lot. Being in the US, favour a seller who ships domestically to dodge customs seizures — a little extra is worth it provided the price is not much higher, and it tends to arrive faster. When they advertise something on their lists but cannot supply it, look elsewhere; many vendors list the full catalogue regardless of what they hold, and a US warehouse should not be expected to carry rarer items.

Buy enough and eventually something goes wrong. My worst case was a seller who took payment by bank transfer without really knowing the process, then asked me to reverse it, which set me back $100 aud. Otherwise, as far as I know, every peptide matched the description across 8 or 9 orders. And, in a slightly perverse way, tirzepatide makes my tinnitus louder, so it is instant proof the stuff is real.
 
Most vendors that promote themselves on this site seem solid enough, otherwise negative feedback here would destroy them.

Pick a supplier you're comfortable with and remain loyal to them. The lowest price isn't necessarily the top choice, though the rates across the board are fairly similar.
 
Brouette said:

Your frustration comes through, and I get it! This is all new territory for me as well! I paid 150$ for 1 vial (yep! That's what happens when you don't know any better!!) and after 3 weeks there's been zero change in my body. It's probably just baby powder going into me hahahah! I'm here to learn so I don't repeat the same mistake. Any advice and help is welcome!
With Reta, it takes roughly 5 weeks before you feel the effects. In my case, the scale didn't budge for months. What I did notice was that inflammation went down and food noise quieted around week 6. Once I reached 3mg/week, at around the 6-month mark, inches began coming off — but not lbs. When I moved up to 4.5mg – 5mg, a few pounds finally started to drop. I've gone through the big 3 GLP's, and for the most part I'm a non responder when it comes to weight loss, bouncing around within the same 5-10 lbs. Yet I look totally different, which is crazy.

(for anyone ready to jump in — YES, I was eating in a calorie deficit, and I spent months logging every single thing that went into my mouth... yes, everything.)
 
Back
Top