Increasingly annoyed and could use some guidance

JPA85

Explorer
Joined
Mar 12, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Hi everyone, I'm new around here, though retatrutide and I go back a while. My first encounter with Reta happened around June / July of last year. I spent £250 on a 40mg pen from a vendor I'd previously bought other items from, and decided to try it.

I realize pre-filled pens aren't anywhere near the cheapest route for getting Reta. Still, the results were so remarkable and one pen carried me through 10+ weeks, so paying that amount 4-5 times per year for a consistent outcome would suit me fine. That's exactly where the problem starts, though.

After that first injection, weight came off effortlessly, I felt fantastic, and both my appetite for food and my urge to drink basically vanished. It was an incredible experience, maybe even transformative.

Of course I wanted to repeat it, so I ordered another pen, this time through a different vendor that supposedly used the same manufacturer. This time I felt nothing at all. No weight movement, no appetite shift, nothing. I kept increasing the dose, eventually reaching 12mg, and still nothing happened. The conclusion seems obvious: whatever this was, it wasn't what I'd had before.

So I moved on and found more, once again from a UK-based seller, this time to reconstitute on my own. From what I read on Reddit and elsewhere, people who reconstitute themselves tend to report better outcomes. I did my homework to locate a trusted, reputable source, even knowing the vials are ultimately shipped from China and marked up.

I'm a couple of weeks in now, only at 2.5mg this time, and once again I'm feeling nothing. At this point I'm getting a bit frustrated, because either legitimate Reta has become harder to find than it was 6 months ago, or I'm making a mistake somewhere. As I see it, at least 1 of these has to apply:

a) both products I've bought recently are fake

b) my body is taking longer to respond second time around

c) I need a much higher dose this time around

d) I'm somehow storing and / or injecting it wrong

I just don't know how to get to the real answer. How should I go about troubleshooting these possibilities?

Option a) feels like the most probable explanation, and maybe I just got lucky the first time. But I can't be certain, and even if that's what's happening, I don't know where to look next, since I'd tried to be pretty careful with my sourcing each time.

I'd really value hearing everyone's thoughts and experiences, because I'm getting more and more discouraged. Thanks!

If anything needs clarifying, just ask.
 
Only purchase from a vendor whose Janoshik results can be verified. If certainty matters, or if you go ahead and get a 10-vial kit, you can ship 1 vial to Janoshik yourself so the contents are confirmed to match what they should be.
 
Given how little we know, pinning down the exact problem—or even a possible one—is tough. Maybe cycling on and off left you with some kind of 'resistance,' so your body has stopped reacting. Or perhaps those other vials were swamp dust rather than reta. Or something else entirely?? I'd bet people here who know way more than I do will jump in with genuinely helpful input. I'm only popping by to root for you as you work on improving your health! 🙂
 
You dropped from the top dose studied in trials down to a very small dose, and now you're puzzled that nothing seems to be happening?

Realistically, there's a possibility that every product you purchased is counterfeit — that's a frequent occurrence in markets like this. To know for sure, you'd have to submit them for testing on your own.

It would also be useful to see how you worked out the reconstitution of the reta, since I regularly come across posts in r/retatrutide where the injection math is being done wrong.
 
80s.diver said:

Only purchase from a vendor whose Janoshik results can be verified. If certainty matters, or if you go ahead and get a 10-vial kit, you can ship 1 vial to Janoshik yourself so the contents are confirmed to match what they should be.
That part I already handled. The vendor showed a Janoshik result for a specific recent batch, I confirmed it, and the vial I got carried that same batch marking.

As for testing 10 batches, that's a step I plan to take later on, assuming nothing gets better. The problem is I still lack the know-how to carry that out correctly. That's partly why I've come here, I suppose.
 
LabRatts said:

Given how little we know, pinning down the exact problem—or even a possible one—is tough. Maybe cycling on and off left you with some kind of 'resistance,' so your body has stopped reacting. Or perhaps those other vials were swamp dust rather than reta. Or something else entirely?? I'd bet people here who know way more than I do will jump in with genuinely helpful input. I'm only popping by to root for you as you work on improving your health! 🙂
Can resistance actually develop? I tried searching online but didn't turn up much confirming it, though I'd really like to hear what others have gone through.
 
Estarossa19 said:

You dropped from the top dose studied in trials down to a very small dose, and now you're puzzled that nothing seems to be happening?

Realistically, there's a possibility that every product you purchased is counterfeit — that's a frequent occurrence in markets like this. To know for sure, you'd have to submit them for testing on your own.

It would also be useful to see how you worked out the reconstitution of the reta, since I regularly come across posts in r/retatrutide where the injection math is being done wrong.
Not exactly — sorry if that came across confusingly. During my very first run, back when Reta was working incredibly well for me, I stayed at or under 5mg each week — there was simply no reason to go higher.

The reason I pushed the second pen all the way to 12mg was to work out whether the problem sat with the dose or with the product itself. Since I felt absolutely nothing, my hunch is the latter, though having now given another supplier a try — one with a strong reputation and Janoshik certification that can be verified — I'm wondering if some other factor could be involved.

As for how I mixed it: the vial was 10mg and I put in 1ml of BAC water. After that I injected 0.25ml, which, assuming my arithmetic is correct, ought to work out to a 2.5mg dose of Reta. If I've gone wrong anywhere in that, please put me right.
 
First off, you brought up pens. A real supplier won't offer pens straight to buyers. Let's move on to what's actually going on.

When you were on that pen, do you know the MG and what amount you were injecting?

Second: for the other 2 you picked up, was there a COA? You can verify them.

Now, about what to do going forward.

Locate a solid vetted supplier. Here's a tip: if you're in the USA or EU, look for a vendor with a US warehouse. If that's not an option, other vendors exist. Get reta 10 mg, maybe 3 to 4 kits, since you're willing to spend.

Check that the reta you purchase comes with a recent COA, not older than 3 months. Reta sells quickly, so vendors keep making more and keep testing.

4 kits could run you around: 400 or less if you find a good vendor.

Send those for testing at any lab you think is suitable, and baam you've got your 1 year supply for under 1000.

Now for your dosing.

You either go with the trial protocol: not recommended

Or

You go with the personal protocol

1: begin at 2 mg, hold for 4 weeks, raise by .5 every 4th week. Also, if you're stalled at the same dose for more than a week, bump it .5. You'll find a spot. For super responders it even works well at low doses, and for some it starts at 4 mg.

A lower dose doesn't mean it's ineffective. I'm on 2.5 and it's strong enough to help me lose 30 lbs in 2 months. You just need to find your own spot.

I hope it helps
 
Your frustration comes through, and I get it! This is all new territory for me as well! I paid 150$ for 1 vial (yep! That's what happens when you don't know any better!!) and after 3 weeks there's been zero change in my body. It's probably just baby powder going into me hahahah! I'm here to learn so I don't repeat the same mistake. Any advice and help is welcome!
 
Mate, your approach is scattered. Take a breather. You went from 2.5 to 5 and then straight to 12mg. The first thing you need to fix is paying attention to Reddit trolls. Spend some time reading on here, and elsewhere online, about Reta. Once you've done that, I'd recommend beginning with syringes before possibly switching to pens. There are lots of people here from the UK who do this. I'd also recommend finding a trustworthy supplier that delivers to the UK. Try using the search function near the top right of the page. What makes you think it isn't working—are you tracking your weight, do you feel full?
 
BNLFL said:

Mate, your approach is scattered. Take a breather. You went from 2.5 to 5 and then straight to 12mg. The first thing you need to fix is paying attention to Reddit trolls. Spend some time reading on here, and elsewhere online, about Reta. Once you've done that, I'd recommend beginning with syringes before possibly switching to pens. There are lots of people here from the UK who do this. I'd also recommend finding a trustworthy supplier that delivers to the UK. Try using the search function near the top right of the page. What makes you think it isn't working—are you tracking your weight, do you feel full?
I figure it isn't doing anything because I did well on Reta before, so I recognize what "working" feels like in my case. Sure, maybe on a second run the results just take longer to show up — but in the meantime, while I wait a bit to see if that's what's going on, I'll definitely dig around here some more for a different source. Thanks.
 
My intention was never to come across as a jerk, yet the whole rapid escalation from 5mg straight to 12mg really caught me off guard.

My own path looked like this: 4 doses at 2mg, then 4 doses at 4mg, and I figured I might just park there on 4. I ended up doing 1 extra shot at 4mg, bringing the total to 5, and the scale needle hardly budged.

Injection day is tomorrow (Friday mornings have been my routine all along), and I'll be pinning 5mg. Most likely I'll stay at that dose for 4 weeks.
 
Down below there's a reviews area where people on this forum share their dealings with various vendors. My suggestion would be to browse those and pick a source that has several positive reviews for your next purchase. The usual caution applies — no vendor should ever be fully trusted — but a handful have earned a solid reputation both here and in the broader community. Another thing to keep in mind: as you move up through the doses, even if your weekly MG stays the same, the total amount of Reta in your system keeps climbing. Since the half life is 7 days, by the time you take your second shot roughly half of the first dose is still circulating.

Also, when you order pens, what do they show up like? Are they packed with ice? I've read that leaving the compound at room temperature for one afternoon can ruin it.
 
There's a decent possibility the first pen was just you placebo-effecting yourself. That doesn't mean you're weak-minded, and it isn't something to feel embarrassed about. I've done the same thing to myself more than once with things I was eager about and genuinely believed would work, then months down the line, once the "OMG I'VE GOT MAGIC POTION" feeling faded, I saw that it wasn't actually delivering all the wonderful results I'd initially credited it with.

I NEVER resist placebo effect, because hey, any help I can get is welcome, but I'm cautious about expecting something to meet an incredible standard over the long haul in case it turns out to have been exactly that.
 
If that 12mg batch you used turned out to be bunk, and you repeat that with a real product, the outcome could be genuinely rough. A sudden leap to 12mg carries a fairly substantial chance of landing you with a week of nausea, vomiting, or both — so I'd urge a lot of caution there.

As far as I can tell, GLP drugs don't produce tolerance in terms of weight loss itself. What does seem to happen is an early adaptation in areas like gastric emptying and nausea across the first couple of months. And if you dropped a decent amount of weight during those 10 weeks, the downstream effects mimic what people call tolerance: you get hungrier, metabolic rate falls as excess tissue that was burning energy disappears, and later metabolic adaptation pushes it down further — so the scale stalls at that dose, or, if you're already at the ceiling, that's simply all it will deliver.

What's been said above tracks. When you can't be certain whether the product is genuine, figuring out what's actually going on becomes far harder on a mental level.

That said, given the early adaptation effect, a weak response to just 2.5mg of reta after you've already shed weight could simply mean the dose is too small. From your description, I'd guess you were around 4 or 5 mg when the first supply ran dry?

The lowest-risk, safest route is stepping up every 4 weeks. If you're older, diabetic, or dealing with any serious medical condition, that's the way to do it.

If you're impatient and willing to gamble on a few days of feeling sick, the only semi-safe way to climb faster is through small, frequent doses. With a small dose, blood levels should fall back to pre-dose within 1 to 2 days — but you need to consult glp plotter and understand the absorption window of 24-48 hours to peak, plus a half life of 5 to 6 days. Make sure you truly grasp it before attempting anything beyond a 4-weekly increase. Side effects tend to line up with peak levels.

At 2.5 mg every 2 or 3 days, you'd probably hit a dose that either suppresses appetite or triggers nausea quite fast — within 1 to 2 weeks. Any side effect whatsoever, or meaningful appetite suppression, means slow way down, stop escalating, hold the dose steady, and build up gradually from there. Unpleasant side effects are more likely with this method, but if doses stay small and frequent they should usually — though not always — resolve quickly. Just total the doses from the previous 7 days and treat that as your new weekly dose; you may need to transition back to weekly dosing slowly and carefully with glp plotter.
 
randompersonrandom said:

There's a decent possibility the first pen was just you placebo-effecting yourself. That doesn't mean you're weak-minded, and it isn't something to feel embarrassed about. I've done the same thing to myself more than once with things I was eager about and genuinely believed would work, then months down the line, once the "OMG I'VE GOT MAGIC POTION" feeling faded, I saw that it wasn't actually delivering all the wonderful results I'd initially credited it with.

I NEVER resist placebo effect, because hey, any help I can get is welcome, but I'm cautious about expecting something to meet an incredible standard over the long haul in case it turns out to have been exactly that.
What's great about placebos is that occasionally they do the job, even when you're aware they're placebos 😂
 
Ruckus4519 said:

randompersonrandom said:

There's a decent possibility the first pen was just you placebo-effecting yourself. That doesn't mean you're weak-minded, and it isn't something to feel embarrassed about. I've done the same thing to myself more than once with things I was eager about and genuinely believed would work, then months down the line, once the "OMG I'VE GOT MAGIC POTION" feeling faded, I saw that it wasn't actually delivering all the wonderful results I'd initially credited it with.

I NEVER resist placebo effect, because hey, any help I can get is welcome, but I'm cautious about expecting something to meet an incredible standard over the long haul in case it turns out to have been exactly that.
What's great about placebos is that occasionally they do the job, even when you're aware they're placebos 😂
The mind is capable of remarkable things!
 
Brief update. I took my 2nd 2.5mg shot from that latest vial of Reta I’d been unsure about (the reconstituted one), and now it’s clearly doing something. The appetite suppression is here, and the scale is moving down in that way that only happens with Reta.

So at minimum I’ve settled 1 thing - the stuff is legit. As for the earlier lack of effect, I’ve got 2 possible explanations:

1. My body just required a longer run-up the 2nd time

2. I messed up that 1st injection

About #2: during my 1st shot, I saw the syringe push itself in the moment the needle went through my skin. ChatGPT and similar sources claim that’s normal, but this time I deliberately went a bit shallower and it didn’t occur, and now everything is on track, so perhaps that mattered.

I’m feeling genuinely great, which is a nice bonus I also had last time. Fantastic!
 
JPA85 said:

Hi everyone, I'm new around here, though retatrutide and I go back a while. My first encounter with Reta happened around June / July of last year. I spent £250 on a 40mg pen from a vendor I'd previously bought other items from, and decided to try it.

I realize pre-filled pens aren't anywhere near the cheapest route for getting Reta. Still, the results were so remarkable and one pen carried me through 10+ weeks, so paying that amount 4-5 times per year for a consistent outcome would suit me fine. That's exactly where the problem starts, though.

After that first injection, weight came off effortlessly, I felt fantastic, and both my appetite for food and my urge to drink basically vanished. It was an incredible experience, maybe even transformative.

Of course I wanted to repeat it, so I ordered another pen, this time through a different vendor that supposedly used the same manufacturer. This time I felt nothing at all. No weight movement, no appetite shift, nothing. I kept increasing the dose, eventually reaching 12mg, and still nothing happened. The conclusion seems obvious: whatever this was, it wasn't what I'd had before.

So I moved on and found more, once again from a UK-based seller, this time to reconstitute on my own. From what I read on Reddit and elsewhere, people who reconstitute themselves tend to report better outcomes. I did my homework to locate a trusted, reputable source, even knowing the vials are ultimately shipped from China and marked up.

I'm a couple of weeks in now, only at 2.5mg this time, and once again I'm feeling nothing. At this point I'm getting a bit frustrated, because either legitimate Reta has become harder to find than it was 6 months ago, or I'm making a mistake somewhere. As I see it, at least 1 of these has to apply:

a) both products I've bought recently are fake

b) my body is taking longer to respond second time around

c) I need a much higher dose this time around

d) I'm somehow storing and / or injecting it wrong

I just don't know how to get to the real answer. How should I go about troubleshooting these possibilities?

Option a) feels like the most probable explanation, and maybe I just got lucky the first time. But I can't be certain, and even if that's what's happening, I don't know where to look next, since I'd tried to be pretty careful with my sourcing each time.

I'd really value hearing everyone's thoughts and experiences, because I'm getting more and more discouraged. Thanks!

If anything needs clarifying, just ask.
I'm in a comparable situation to you — I picked up a pre-filled pen from a reseller here in the UK, and I've had zero effects from it… no weight coming off, which makes me question whether the pen actually contains anything!

So I've now ordered my first round of 'grey', and I plan to test 1 vial on myself to confirm it… really hoping it gives me a solid outcome. Last year I ran Tirz and had a great response to it, so I was keen to get going on Reta and see some progress
 
Down below there's a reviews area where people on this forum share their dealings with various vendors. My suggestion would be to browse those and pick a source that has several positive reviews for your next purchase. The usual caution applies — no vendor should ever be fully trusted — but a handful have earned a solid reputation both here and in the broader community. Another thing to keep in mind: as you move up through the doses, even if your weekly MG stays the same, the total amount of Reta in your system keeps climbing. Since the half life is 7 days, by the time you take your second shot roughly half of the first dose is still circulating.

Also, when you order pens, what do they show up like? Are they packed with ice? I've read that leaving the compound at room temperature for one afternoon can ruin it.
This false belief has been disproven 1000 times and must be put to rest.
 
Back
Top