In 2026, why do we still send peptides to the Czech Republic for testing?

Fordhayes

Explorer
Joined
May 5, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Why is there no peptide testing lab in the US that suppliers will actually back?

Janoshik built its name. Suppliers cover the cost, buyers believe the results, and the data is out in the open. Americans are mailing samples abroad simply to obtain testing that carries weight. For the biggest peptide market on the planet, that should not be the situation.
 
I figure that aside from Janoshik's established track record, his data stays largely beyond the grasp of US government bodies and their subpoena authority.
 
Fordhayes said:

Why is there no peptide testing lab in the US that suppliers will actually back?

Janoshik built its name. Suppliers cover the cost, buyers believe the results, and the data is out in the open. Americans are mailing samples abroad simply to obtain testing that carries weight. For the biggest peptide market on the planet, that should not be the situation.
The reason is that obtaining authorization to bring in the kinds of materials they're able to in Czechia, and then carry out testing on them, is extremely difficult. This option has been looked into. In a recent podcast with Derek Decoded, he discusses this.
 
Janoshik has a long track record of dependability, but the US also has a mix of respected labs and ones with shakier reputations. From what I understand, TrustPointe and Freedom Diagnostics are seen as reliable options.
 
My guess is that TrustPointe will eventually reach that level. Building a name comparable to Jano's doesn't happen overnight.
 
Fordhayes said:

Why is there no peptide testing lab in the US that suppliers will actually back?

Janoshik built its name. Suppliers cover the cost, buyers believe the results, and the data is out in the open. Americans are mailing samples abroad simply to obtain testing that carries weight. For the biggest peptide market on the planet, that should not be the situation.
That's a fair observation. Like other people mentioned, ideally a US-based option could build up enough credibility to get that same stamp of trust, though I believe Ted R made the key point… the influence and scrutiny from government and large pharmaceutical companies is the real obstacle.
 
If you suspect a problem, paying any other lab is pointless unless vendors are willing to honor third-party test results.
 
FNG33 said:

If you suspect a problem, paying any other lab is pointless unless vendors are willing to honor third-party test results.
If the goal is getting money back, that may hold up. But when someone is simply running tests for their own peace of mind and to learn what they actually have, calling it a waste of money definitely does not fit.
 
5byfive said:

Janoshik has a long track record of dependability, but the US also has a mix of respected labs and ones with shakier reputations. From what I understand, TrustPointe and Freedom Diagnostics are seen as reliable options.
There are solid labs here in the country. The issue is that ven dors simply look the other way whenever those results don't suit them. The labs are there. What's missing is the trust. That's a ven dor accountability issue, not a scientific one. What we need is a validated U.S. lab where we can run our tests and, if the findings come back negative, actually receive reimbursement from ven dors.

So when does that finally change?
 
US labs exist, yet vendors insist on Jano before they will honor a replacement guarantee. At this point I doubt Jano even deserves the gold standard label. As long as that expectation holds, every other lab stays a distant second.
 
Freedom Diagnostics and Trust are the two I've used...Janoshik I'd likely only reach for on a big order, seeing as it is the one my vendors will reship/reimburse against...the quicker turnaround from a US outfit like Freedom or Trust suits me better.
 
Only yesterday, we received conclusive evidence that AFI, a "lab" based in the US, failed several blind tests.

By default, Freedom Labs' COAs cannot be verified, so determining whether a COA is counterfeit is difficult, and their endotoxin test is laughable (just pass/fail).

The uncomfortable reality: the majority of US labs simply aren't up to standard, and they must improve. They also need to set themselves apart more effectively. Oddly enough, the sole other lab I'd contemplate is Uzorak, yet another lab outside the US, offering something distinct (HPC-MS/MS).
 
It seems to me that they take it on precisely because it's a hassle and costs a lot. That way, there are fewer problems they end up having to deal with.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

Freedom Diagnostics and Trust are the two I've used...Janoshik I'd likely only reach for on a big order, seeing as it is the one my vendors will reship/reimburse against...the quicker turnaround from a US outfit like Freedom or Trust suits me better.
Was Freedom your choice for the Endo test? I've been looking into how their USP86 pass/fail system works. From what I can tell, a pass is fine, but once it fails there's no way to figure out what to do next, because the severity of the failure isn't shown.
 
testyonenow42 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Freedom Diagnostics and Trust are the two I've used...Janoshik I'd likely only reach for on a big order, seeing as it is the one my vendors will reship/reimburse against...the quicker turnaround from a US outfit like Freedom or Trust suits me better.
Was Freedom your choice for the Endo test? I've been looking into how their USP86 pass/fail system works. From what I can tell, a pass is fine, but once it fails there's no way to figure out what to do next, because the severity of the failure isn't shown.
Look into the FDA's endotoxin thresholds. A pass/fail format is fundamentally unsuitable for this assay since those thresholds depend in part on how much the subject weighs. What this standard actually produces isn't a binary outcome at all, but a quantity of endotoxin, expressed for instance in eu/mg. Whatever Freedom's approach may be, a numerical value that never arrives suggests USP86 isn't being adhered to.
 
I'm only partway into the material. From what I've seen so far, the common approach is to plug in 70kg when running the calculation, with guidance to go lower for children. Even so, I'm with you that an actual measured figure tells us more than a simple pass or fail. Appreciate the information.
 
Ted R said:

I figure that aside from Janoshik's established track record, his data stays largely beyond the grasp of US government bodies and their subpoena authority.
That almost certainly plays a major part. Handing over a record of U.S. citizens' details along with their samples is not something people are eager to see subpoenaed by the authorities.

When it comes to the Chinese grey market, my confidence is higher than it is in the government.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Ted R said:

I figure that aside from Janoshik's established track record, his data stays largely beyond the grasp of US government bodies and their subpoena authority.
That almost certainly plays a major part. Handing over a record of U.S. citizens' details along with their samples is not something people are eager to see subpoenaed by the authorities.

When it comes to the Chinese grey market, my confidence is higher than it is in the government.
Yeah, it's a shame that our own nation can be just as hostile to us as another country.
 
Back
Top