I'm definitely a hoarder 😂

Grogu

Explorer
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Messages
651
Reaction score
2
Location
Coruscant
I believe my clothes-hoarding habit has gotten seriously out of hand.... What I'm giving away now is the 2nd batch of "fat clothes." The 1st batch I donated was about the same size. For this round, I haven't decided yet whether it'll go to the veterans or to a local men's drug rehab facility. Here's what's included:

114 pairs of shorts

50 pairs of pants

148 shirts

2 suits and 1 raincoat

Seriously, what's wrong with me? God, I hope I don't gain weight 🤣





f2712344df9c193047587086c9c403fb7fa55a5cc998c0db4256cbf12f7ff9b3.webp
 
Grogu said:

I believe my clothes-hoarding habit has gotten seriously out of hand.... What I'm giving away now is the 2nd batch of "fat clothes." The 1st batch I donated was about the same size. For this round, I haven't decided yet whether it'll go to the veterans or to a local men's drug rehab facility. Here's what's included:

114 pairs of shorts

50 pairs of pants

148 shirts

2 suits and 1 raincoat

Seriously, what's wrong with me? God, I hope I don't gain weight 🤣





View attachment 11446

Wow, that's a bigger donation than everything I've had for over 10 years!

Time to sort through my closet and get rid of the XXL stuff taking up space — these days most of it hangs on me like a garbage bag.

Donating a secondhand rain coat never crossed my mind...
 
Yeah, I've cycled through this a few times.

With the first round, I wasn't confident. I needed to genuinely trust that those clothes would never be needed again. Clothing isn't cheap.

Winter coats were another major category. Every last one had to be swapped out last winter. They were hanging off me.

Still, I'm with you—those figures seem really high.

As for me, I probably have around 10 pairs of shorts (3 of them are workout ones). Roughly 10 work shirts, 20 tshirts, and about 8 pairs of pants. That count is pretty much what I had before I purged and bought replacements, too.

Nice work freeing up some closet room for new items!
 
Mine went the other way. Every large and medium shirt, pair of shorts and jeans got kept. I'd picked up 4 XL fishing style shirts, a couple of stretch shorts and one big pair of jeans. Almost all of it fits me again now. Good thing I never blew a fortune on more of the bigger sizes.
 
Whenever I pick something up and try it on, if it hangs on me like a potato sack, I've been getting rid of it bit by bit. The hardest things to part with are my favorite fat jeans and shorts... I've pushed them way into the back, but letting go just isn't happening. Those what ifs creep in, plus the feeling that these pieces did right by me. I need to move past it, though—with my Tirz stockpile, I really can't picture putting that much weight back on.

PS- My zipper ankle GUESS jeans from the 80s are still with me. They're packed away since I just can't bring myself to part with them. I have issues 🤷‍♀️
 
Man! That's great! My approach with jeans is to keep wearing them until the crotch rips, then I toss them. Donating clothes is something I never do — either they pile up in a drawer without ever being worn, or my wife keeps hauling home more junk from Goodwill or thrift stores. I still have shirts from age 16 sitting around, waiting for me to reach my 'goal weight' 😂. Now my 'old fat' clothes are officially too big. Over the past 3 months I've gone from 265 down to 224 (back when I was younger, I'd do those hardcore water fasts at the start of the year, lose a huge amount, then put it all back on plus extra). This time it's off for good and won't return (or at least, that's what I keep telling myself)
 
woundcarping said:

Grogu said:

I believe my clothes-hoarding habit has gotten seriously out of hand.... What I'm giving away now is the 2nd batch of "fat clothes." The 1st batch I donated was about the same size. For this round, I haven't decided yet whether it'll go to the veterans or to a local men's drug rehab facility. Here's what's included:

114 pairs of shorts

50 pairs of pants

148 shirts

2 suits and 1 raincoat

Seriously, what's wrong with me? God, I hope I don't gain weight 🤣





View attachment 11446

Wow, that's a bigger donation than everything I've had for over 10 years!

Time to sort through my closet and get rid of the XXL stuff taking up space — these days most of it hangs on me like a garbage bag.

Donating a secondhand rain coat never crossed my mind...

Like I said at the start, there's something seriously wrong with me 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Clothes have basically been swallowing me whole. When a relative said they'd assist me in sorting everything out for donation, I had no reason to say no.

woundcarping said:

Grogu said:

I believe my clothes-hoarding habit has gotten seriously out of hand.... What I'm giving away now is the 2nd batch of "fat clothes." The 1st batch I donated was about the same size. For this round, I haven't decided yet whether it'll go to the veterans or to a local men's drug rehab facility. Here's what's included:

114 pairs of shorts

50 pairs of pants

148 shirts

2 suits and 1 raincoat

Seriously, what's wrong with me? God, I hope I don't gain weight 🤣





View attachment 11446

Wow, that's a bigger donation than everything I've had for over 10 years!

Time to sort through my closet and get rid of the XXL stuff taking up space — these days most of it hangs on me like a garbage bag.

Donating a secondhand rain coat never crossed my mind...

Yeah, I usually wouldn't give away a coat I'd gotten a lot of use out of, but this one was a rain coat worn only about 2 or 3 times, and it cost quite a bit (by my standards) for a raincoat. Hopefully whoever ends up with it doesn't get robbed for it 🤣.

On the subject of coats, I've got a pile of winter coats lined up for donation, ranging from XXL up to 4X and in different weights, probably 10 or 20 in total. Throw in the polo fleeces and the count likely climbs to 30 or 40. Those, however, are heading north to be donated — no point giving them away down here in south Florida.
 
Fabulous_Jackal said:

Man! That's great! My approach with jeans is to keep wearing them until the crotch rips, then I toss them. Donating clothes is something I never do — either they pile up in a drawer without ever being worn, or my wife keeps hauling home more junk from Goodwill or thrift stores. I still have shirts from age 16 sitting around, waiting for me to reach my 'goal weight' 😂. Now my 'old fat' clothes are officially too big. Over the past 3 months I've gone from 265 down to 224 (back when I was younger, I'd do those hardcore water fasts at the start of the year, lose a huge amount, then put it all back on plus extra). This time it's off for good and won't return (or at least, that's what I keep telling myself)

Nice work on the weight loss! That's great. I'd guess plenty of guys handle clothes the way you do—keep wearing them until they're set to toss them and/or never throw anything out—rather than the way I do.
 
Used to be a hardcore couponer lol, so I get the urge to stockpile certain things. With clothes, though, I'm the reverse. Buying something new while keeping everything I already own makes me feel guilty. Through this weight loss, I've leaned more toward thrift shops or yard sale finds. Most of my big graphic tees are still around, but every pair of pants, shorts, and dress went to donation. Nice work on donating — and if a shelter can take them, or a thrift store run by some kind of animal rescue, that helps too!
 
This just makes me so happy! Huge congrats on what you've achieved, and those clothes are surely headed for a wonderful second life!!

I'm a clothes horse myself, and I've got full wardrobes sitting in about 4 different sizes. When I had a big drop before, I was thrilled to donate…& then the big gain came and I ended up buying a whole XXL wardrobe all over again. After that, a bad injury plus gains left me with a (smaller) 3X wardrobe. Way too many G-D wardrobes!!

This time around, I have faith that maintenance will hold because my plan is lifelong.

I'm so eager to get back into my double vintage wardrobe-I have tons of vintage pieces bought 20-25 years ago, so even if they were new when I got them they'd count as vintage by now LOL
 
SeaGypsy said:

Whenever I pick something up and try it on, if it hangs on me like a potato sack, I've been getting rid of it bit by bit. The hardest things to part with are my favorite fat jeans and shorts... I've pushed them way into the back, but letting go just isn't happening. Those what ifs creep in, plus the feeling that these pieces did right by me. I need to move past it, though—with my Tirz stockpile, I really can't picture putting that much weight back on.

PS- My zipper ankle GUESS jeans from the 80s are still with me. They're packed away since I just can't bring myself to part with them. I have issues 🤷‍♀️
The 80's, right? What a time.
 
HouseCat said:

This just makes me so happy! Huge congrats on what you've achieved, and those clothes are surely headed for a wonderful second life!!

I'm a clothes horse myself, and I've got full wardrobes sitting in about 4 different sizes. When I had a big drop before, I was thrilled to donate…& then the big gain came and I ended up buying a whole XXL wardrobe all over again. After that, a bad injury plus gains left me with a (smaller) 3X wardrobe. Way too many G-D wardrobes!!

This time around, I have faith that maintenance will hold because my plan is lifelong.

I'm so eager to get back into my double vintage wardrobe-I have tons of vintage pieces bought 20-25 years ago, so even if they were new when I got them they'd count as vintage by now LOL

Thank you! I also believe this attempt will turn out differently. From everything I've heard, the weight loss can be maintained provided you keep taking the medications.

Wishing you the best as you continue!
 
I figured nobody else was dealing with a closet this stuffed!

Back when I was still married, I got rid of every piece of thin-person clothing I owned, because I'd put on more than 40 lbs. in under 12 months. I stacked the bags up and instructed my ex to haul them away.

So I bought a whole new wardrobe 4 sizes larger, made peace with it, and sank into misery.

Eventually I cracked the code on dropping the weight, and I mentioned to my ex, "I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all those cute skinny clothes". He went straight to the garage, dragged every single one out, and said, "Here you go! I had faith in you even when you lost faith in yourself".

We ended up divorcing but we're still friends & that moment will stay with me forever.
 
SeaGypsy said:

Whenever I pick something up and try it on, if it hangs on me like a potato sack, I've been getting rid of it bit by bit. The hardest things to part with are my favorite fat jeans and shorts... I've pushed them way into the back, but letting go just isn't happening. Those what ifs creep in, plus the feeling that these pieces did right by me. I need to move past it, though—with my Tirz stockpile, I really can't picture putting that much weight back on.

PS- My zipper ankle GUESS jeans from the 80s are still with me. They're packed away since I just can't bring myself to part with them. I have issues 🤷‍♀️
Boy, I'd love to see those make a comeback. Halter tops and tube tops should return as well.
 
BNLFL said:

SeaGypsy said:

Whenever I pick something up and try it on, if it hangs on me like a potato sack, I've been getting rid of it bit by bit. The hardest things to part with are my favorite fat jeans and shorts... I've pushed them way into the back, but letting go just isn't happening. Those what ifs creep in, plus the feeling that these pieces did right by me. I need to move past it, though—with my Tirz stockpile, I really can't picture putting that much weight back on.

PS- My zipper ankle GUESS jeans from the 80s are still with me. They're packed away since I just can't bring myself to part with them. I have issues 🤷‍♀️
Boy, I'd love to see those make a comeback. Halter tops and tube tops should return as well.
Acid wash versions need to make a comeback 👍🏻 I've got plenty of those already 😂
 
deleted.user.27 said:

SeaGypsy said:

Whenever I pick something up and try it on, if it hangs on me like a potato sack, I've been getting rid of it bit by bit. The hardest things to part with are my favorite fat jeans and shorts... I've pushed them way into the back, but letting go just isn't happening. Those what ifs creep in, plus the feeling that these pieces did right by me. I need to move past it, though—with my Tirz stockpile, I really can't picture putting that much weight back on.

PS- My zipper ankle GUESS jeans from the 80s are still with me. They're packed away since I just can't bring myself to part with them. I have issues 🤷‍♀️
The 80's, right? What a time.
I really miss them
 
SeaGypsy said:

deleted.user.27 said:

SeaGypsy said:

Whenever I pick something up and try it on, if it hangs on me like a potato sack, I've been getting rid of it bit by bit. The hardest things to part with are my favorite fat jeans and shorts... I've pushed them way into the back, but letting go just isn't happening. Those what ifs creep in, plus the feeling that these pieces did right by me. I need to move past it, though—with my Tirz stockpile, I really can't picture putting that much weight back on.

PS- My zipper ankle GUESS jeans from the 80s are still with me. They're packed away since I just can't bring myself to part with them. I have issues 🤷‍♀️
The 80's, right? What a time.
I really miss them
It was enjoyable. I was present.
 
BNLFL said:

SeaGypsy said:

deleted.user.27 said:

SeaGypsy said:

Whenever I pick something up and try it on, if it hangs on me like a potato sack, I've been getting rid of it bit by bit. The hardest things to part with are my favorite fat jeans and shorts... I've pushed them way into the back, but letting go just isn't happening. Those what ifs creep in, plus the feeling that these pieces did right by me. I need to move past it, though—with my Tirz stockpile, I really can't picture putting that much weight back on.

PS- My zipper ankle GUESS jeans from the 80s are still with me. They're packed away since I just can't bring myself to part with them. I have issues 🤷‍♀️
The 80's, right? What a time.
I really miss them
It was enjoyable. I was present.
And there's no video proof, either 😂😂
 
SeaGypsy said:

BNLFL said:

SeaGypsy said:

deleted.user.27 said:

SeaGypsy said:

Whenever I pick something up and try it on, if it hangs on me like a potato sack, I've been getting rid of it bit by bit. The hardest things to part with are my favorite fat jeans and shorts... I've pushed them way into the back, but letting go just isn't happening. Those what ifs creep in, plus the feeling that these pieces did right by me. I need to move past it, though—with my Tirz stockpile, I really can't picture putting that much weight back on.

PS- My zipper ankle GUESS jeans from the 80s are still with me. They're packed away since I just can't bring myself to part with them. I have issues 🤷‍♀️
The 80's, right? What a time.
I really miss them
It was enjoyable. I was present.
And there's no video proof, either 😂😂
That's seriously fortunate.
 
SeaGypsy said:

Whenever I pick something up and try it on, if it hangs on me like a potato sack, I've been getting rid of it bit by bit. The hardest things to part with are my favorite fat jeans and shorts... I've pushed them way into the back, but letting go just isn't happening. Those what ifs creep in, plus the feeling that these pieces did right by me. I need to move past it, though—with my Tirz stockpile, I really can't picture putting that much weight back on.

PS- My zipper ankle GUESS jeans from the 80s are still with me. They're packed away since I just can't bring myself to part with them. I have issues 🤷‍♀️
I think I just came across a pair of Z. Cavaricci, probably dating back to that same period? ….😬
 
Back
Top