Kitty Paws
Explorer
Would they tell all of us, or stay silent?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
In most cases, groups hold a vote before deciding to make results public. What counts as an acceptable endotoxin level differs from person to person. Vendors typically provide guarantees for mass and purity, but those values may shift based on which laboratory performs the testing.Kitty Paws said:
Would they tell all of us, or stay silent?
How would you handle it?Kitty Paws said:
Would they tell all of us, or stay silent?
Yeah, in the group they stay silent about it. I've always kept copies of every test.Turbo-Farmer said:
In most cases, groups hold a vote before deciding to make results public. What counts as an acceptable endotoxin level differs from person to person. Vendors typically provide guarantees for mass and purity, but those values may shift based on which laboratory performs the testing.Kitty Paws said:
Would they tell all of us, or stay silent?
From what I've noticed, they generally give everyone a heads-up as a courtesy. Sort of like a public service announcementKitty Paws said:
Would they tell all of us, or stay silent?
From what I've seen, the majority of groups stay silent about it unless endotoxin levels exceed 500Kitty Paws said:
Would they tell all of us, or stay silent?
I'm curious how many people who bought just turned around and sold it off to somebody else . . . handing the risk along. "This stuff is way too strong for me, but hey, what they don't know won't hurt them." Would you guess 75%?Jfrick11 said:
I participated in a GB, and the endos came back failing while pH tested high..... No disclosure came from the people running it, and their advice was that we could sell off our products if that didn't sit right with us.
Derby said:
Some groups might put out a product that carries possible risks — for instance elevated endotoxins, or nothing at all, or something entirely unlike what the label claims.
But testing was never done at all, particularly for Endo. That part is quite recent.Grogu said:
Derby said:
Some groups might put out a product that carries possible risks — for instance elevated endotoxins, or nothing at all, or something entirely unlike what the label claims.
Yep, that's exactly how it should work. Whenever testing turns up something that could put the community at risk, the longstanding and strongly held norm here is to get the word out right away. As @Derby points out, that covers cases like very high endos, peptides that are completely absent, peptides that aren't what they're supposed to be, and so on.
Failed sterility has been shared by a few groups, but right now sterility testing is quite rare and no vendor promises sterility, so my guess is that far more would come back failing than what we actually see if testing were done more often.
And if an eloralintide test came back with a failed NMR, my expectation would be that this gets shared as well, and without delay.
When you say "group," if that refers to a testing group, typically the participants cast votes to decide.Kitty Paws said:
Would they tell all of us, or stay silent?
What I'm asking about is testing groups set up around specific batches. I'm part of one right now, and it got me thinking: if something questionable shows up, how is that normally handled? Personally, I'd tell everyone right away, but I'm not actually sure what the usual practice is in these groups.HereKittyKitty said:
When you say "group," if that refers to a testing group, typically the participants cast votes to decide.Kitty Paws said:
Would they tell all of us, or stay silent?
If instead "group" means people purchasing via someone who is running the buy, then check the buy description. All the details you need should be there. If something is missing, reach out to the organizer.
That shift in perspective strikes me as quite reasonable. In the past, the appeal for me came from all the testing that came bundled in.... These days, I don't trust anything unless I've put it together on my own.AngieHolmes said:
I'm curious how many people who bought just turned around and sold it off to somebody else . . . handing the risk along. "This stuff is way too strong for me, but hey, what they don't know won't hurt them." Would you guess 75%?Jfrick11 said:
I participated in a GB, and the endos came back failing while pH tested high..... No disclosure came from the people running it, and their advice was that we could sell off our products if that didn't sit right with us.
As I find out more about GBs, my attitude has shifted further and further away from FOMO and toward "no, thanks!"