manfisher
Explorer
Hi everyone, I just joined this forum and have picked up a huge amount already, so thanks to each of you for what you share! My rats are in week 1 of Reta (1.75mg) and things have gone well so far, at least as well as anyone could hope for in 1 week. Because I'm new and most people won't bother reading my intro, here's a quick rundown on my rats. They're lean, energetic, and in good health, but they picked up some extra padding during COVID that has stuck around. Their first dose came from a well-known US distributor (a reseller) that, like most of them, tacks on well over 100% in markup. For 1 10mg vial, I'm paying what a full kit from vendors here would cost me. What I get for that is a ton of sterility testing, COAS, control batch details, and so on for my rats, which puts my mind at ease. Still, those prices aren't something I can keep up with, which is how I ended up here. Given how fast my rats are dropping weight with their current activity level, I expect a 1 month ramp-up, a 2-3 month middle stretch, and then 1 month tapering down. At the prices some vendors are offering, that's completely doable, and I'd likely need exactly 10 10mg vials for my rats. There's just one issue... I'm a hyperchondriac. Not the everyday "Oh I hope this isn't ____" kind, but a clinically diagnosed hypochondriac. One thing that really gets to me about buying straight from suppliers in China is worrying about sterility and what it could mean for my rats' health if I... well.... Buy from China. I realize most US distr are also sourcing from China and reselling, but I still can't shake the fear that something goes wrong and my rats get sick. Based on what I've read on these forums, I believe I've found a supplier I'm 90% comfortable with, but I can't find any sterility testing for them, only purity. I know there's always risk involved, but can you all help me get past the last 10% of hesitation? Thank you!