Hydrapeak for long-term freezer storage, and are inserts needed?

plant_lady

Explorer
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
California
For keeping things in the freezer over the long haul, does anyone here rely on Hydrapeak (or something similar)?

If that's what you do, how much do the inserts actually matter in your view?

Would it be fine to simply set the glass vials in there with them touching one another?
 
I do too. If the labels on the vials ever peeled off and there was no system in place, it would be a total mess.

Related thread:



/community-link/thread/13933/
 
Calm Logic said:

I do too. If the labels on the vials ever peeled off and there was no system in place, it would be a total mess.

Related thread:



/community-link/thread/13933/

I appreciate the link. That was helpful info. Micro-fractures in the glass vials hadn't crossed my mind. Looks like I'll keep using my inserts.
 
Thanks @Calm Logic for that thread!

A few of my hydrapeaks have inserts. VaultRX (Etsy and their own standalone website) makes my favorites, because they hold far more — 60-63 — compared to the other options on Etsy/Amazon.

Most of my peptides live in bento thermoses from Temu, each with 3-4 stacking containers. No inserts in those, and each level fits roughly 37 vials. They stay put at the bottom of a deep freezer, so they don’t concern me…I’m very careful whenever I take things in or out. When a level begins to get “loose”, I pad the gap with bubble wrap, or I swap the flat fiber desiccant tabs for a bulkier silicone one.

Edit: every vial I have is double labeled — top and sides — so label ink rubbing off or coming loose isn’t a worry.
 
@RetCurious shared this over in a different thread. Looks solid enough





0a5d249bd158905c9f3dba529f715326d81861814610a7a01764d2bb5c616c3a.webp
 
HouseCat said:

Thanks @Calm Logic for that thread!

A few of my hydrapeaks have inserts. VaultRX (Etsy and their own standalone website) makes my favorites, because they hold far more — 60-63 — compared to the other options on Etsy/Amazon.

Most of my peptides live in bento thermoses from Temu, each with 3-4 stacking containers. No inserts in those, and each level fits roughly 37 vials. They stay put at the bottom of a deep freezer, so they don’t concern me…I’m very careful whenever I take things in or out. When a level begins to get “loose”, I pad the gap with bubble wrap, or I swap the flat fiber desiccant tabs for a bulkier silicone one.

Edit: every vial I have is double labeled — top and sides — so label ink rubbing off or coming loose isn’t a worry.
Thanks. I'll take a look at the VaultRX on Etsy as well as the bento thermoses from Temu. Right now my inserts fit 48 vials inside a 32 ounce Hydrapeak, and I'm running short on space.
 
plant_lady said:

Thanks. I'll take a look at the VaultRX on Etsy as well as the bento thermoses from Temu. Right now my inserts fit 48 vials inside a 32 ounce Hydrapeak, and I'm running short on space.
After @SeaGypsy gave me a tip, these are the ones I ended up with


https://tinyurl.com/yskerb4x



https://tinyurl.com/m8txbc3x


Both come in under $30 USD, and compared to my hydrapeaks they seal better — the desiccant packs soaking up moisture at different rates makes that clear.
 
Calm Logic said:

I do too. If the labels on the vials ever peeled off and there was no system in place, it would be a total mess.

Related thread:



/community-link/thread/13933/

Seeing the OP's question made me laugh — I'm pretty sure I posted something like this a few months back 🤣. Nice that you tracked it down...

Going without inserts is something I've only done a single time, and those were vials with no labels 😳. Same peptide, same vendor, same milligram count across the board. If only I could recall which one it was now 🤣.

plant_lady said:

For keeping things in the freezer over the long haul, does anyone here rely on Hydrapeak (or something similar)?

If that's what you do, how much do the inserts actually matter in your view?

Would it be fine to simply set the glass vials in there with them touching one another?

For long term storage, glass touching glass should be okay in my view. Without the inserts, I managed to get 60 vials into a medium food jar. One thing to keep in mind is that the bottoms of hydrapeak food jars are not flat. I didn't know this until my experiment. So, getting the vials to stand up is a PITA. So, you definitely wouldn't want to store without the inserts for anything you planned on accessing regularly.
 
Back
Top