Quick background: I'm a petite woman in midlife, have been on TRT for 4 months, and for 2 months I've been running a stack of Reta, Tesa, Ipa, and KLOW. I started at 116 lbs and got down to 110 lbs, which was the target I'd set.
Losing a lot of weight wasn't my aim, since I run and lift, so that had me a bit on edge. Beyond the scale, the blood sugar and anti-inflammatory benefits of Reta are what drew my interest. My training has been suffering badly from under-eating — I could barely make myself get past roughly 600 calories daily, even while the pounds were coming off.
That's why this moment is ideal for the "everything tastes awful" phase of Reta to end! Hunger is back, yet sugar holds zero appeal. What I crave: baked potatoes or sweet potatoes, my protein shakes, apples with peanut butter, salads topped with grilled chicken — pretty much anything fresh and not processed.
It's as if Reta threw a switch. My dose hasn't changed — still 1mg twice weekly — but now I'm hungry! None of the foods I want will pile on weight, and finally being able to eat should give my workouts a boost. It feels like my body and the Reta worked out my usual energy needs and are adapting to match. Genuinely amazing!
Losing a lot of weight wasn't my aim, since I run and lift, so that had me a bit on edge. Beyond the scale, the blood sugar and anti-inflammatory benefits of Reta are what drew my interest. My training has been suffering badly from under-eating — I could barely make myself get past roughly 600 calories daily, even while the pounds were coming off.
That's why this moment is ideal for the "everything tastes awful" phase of Reta to end! Hunger is back, yet sugar holds zero appeal. What I crave: baked potatoes or sweet potatoes, my protein shakes, apples with peanut butter, salads topped with grilled chicken — pretty much anything fresh and not processed.
It's as if Reta threw a switch. My dose hasn't changed — still 1mg twice weekly — but now I'm hungry! None of the foods I want will pile on weight, and finally being able to eat should give my workouts a boost. It feels like my body and the Reta worked out my usual energy needs and are adapting to match. Genuinely amazing!