mlke6 said:
Radxpro43 said:
I've stuck to a steady titration plan modeled on clinical trials, and I'm now at 8mg weekly. The bubblies have gotten slightly worse, which I figured would happen, but on top of that my hunger has gone up. It's more like craving sweats, since my brain keeps insisting it'll take the edge off lol. Anyone else run into this, and does it eventually stop?
Checking your profile, I see Reta is what you're using. Is that the first medication you've given a try? My own path began with sema, then I switched over to Tirz, and eventually I landed at my goal weight — I've stayed there for more than a year now. During a 12 week stretch I experimented with reta, and on the next pin day I'd sometimes go back to Tirz for a while.
Sweets are a huge weakness for me. Sema and Tirz basically wiped that out. Once I reached goal weight, though, tirz stopped keeping my appetite down — the difference was that I'd feel full very quickly and food wasn't on my mind all the time.
With reta, the sweet cravings returned during the first few weeks. These days it's a lot less intense, but it hasn't disappeared. My Reta dose was 12mg. Even with reta making me genuinely hungry and reaching for sweets more frequently, my weight has stayed roughly the same. When I first made the switch, I gained around 10 pounds.
It's curious that your cravings keep climbing. Are you still dropping weight?