HRT, GLP1s, and other peptides--please share

Meritocrat said:

Does anyone here administer their HRT through subQ injections rather than IM?
For me, subQ is the only route I go with — IM isn't worth pursuing as an option... there's more than enough fat on your abdomen to eliminate practically all chance of discomfort...
 
MrZardoz said:

Meritocrat said:

Does anyone here administer their HRT through subQ injections rather than IM?
For me, subQ is the only route I go with — IM isn't worth pursuing as an option... there's more than enough fat on your abdomen to eliminate practically all chance of discomfort...
What form of HRT were you injecting subQ?
 
Meritocrat said:

MrZardoz said:

Meritocrat said:

Does anyone here administer their HRT through subQ injections rather than IM?
For me, subQ is the only route I go with — IM isn't worth pursuing as an option... there's more than enough fat on your abdomen to eliminate practically all chance of discomfort...
What form of HRT were you injecting subQ?
I take Estradiol Enanthate — commonly called eeN — and since you're already injecting a GLP-1 every week, it slots in conveniently alongside your other shots...
 
Injecting under the skin tends to be acceptable. For a slower release over a longer stretch, the upper outer quadrant of the buttocks given intramuscularly is reportedly ideal, and that is my own method, which appears effective for me.

Every 2 weeks I administer 24mg of estrogen undecylate, switching between the left and right buttock, although the large needle makes it somewhat hard and intimidating, so I am not advising this. Blood work should be done just before your injection, since that gives your "trough" -- the lowest estrogen concentration in your blood -- which makes comparison with later tests simpler.

A single undecylate dose may remain active for more than a month, yet stabilization can require months, so dialing in the correct amount is genuinely frustrating: after any adjustment you must wait months to observe the impact on your levels. Enthanate is typically simpler, injected once per week, as tracking its effect on your blood estrogen is far more straightforward.
 
HistLady said:

bonelifts said:

My wife has been following an HRT protocol for close to 2 yrs, and about 1 month after she began HRT therapy, we introduced Reta. Combining the two, together with Wolverine, NAD, and Mots-C protocols, has brought about a major change of life for her. She feels like she is in the best condition she has been in for decades, and she tells anyone who asks or comments on her about her experience.
It would mean a lot to me if she could share more details about what she's been through. Knowing that everything is going well for her brings me a lot of joy.
My spouse is happy to talk about what she's been through and the difference it's made for her. A bunch of women I work with asked for a Zoom call with her—they wanted to hear from someone in their shoes before they booked an appointment with a provider, and she just did it.
 
HistLady said:

Hello all,

I've reached week 11 of Reta at a low dose (right now 1.8 mg weekly). Today, after giving it a lot of thought, I began HRT (an estradiol patch, plus my first progesterone dose later tonight). Tomorrow morning is when I'm due for my Reta dose. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses HRT alongside Reta, or other peptides such as GHK-cu. How has it gone for you? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
I've been on HRT plus progesterone since last summer, and began my peps in December—everything has gone smoothly. For Reta, AOD, Wolverine (soon to be swapped for KLOW), and GHK-CU, I'm using a split dose of 2x/wk, and I'll be adding MOTS-C, NAD+, and DSIP into the cycle. I'm really pleased with the weight loss results (on the conservative side) that I'd been struggling with for ages.
 
What a kind thing for her to do. Menopause deserves far more open discussion, in my view. Should she ever be open to a Zoom call, I would be glad to arrange one.
 
Meritocrat said:

Does anyone here administer their HRT through subQ injections rather than IM?
Personally, no—but plenty of folks combine them and report no problems. I'm considering trying it myself, since 15 years of injecting into my glutes has left a lot of scar tissue in that area.
 
Back
Top