HRT, GLP1s, and other peptides--please share

HistLady

Explorer
Joined
Apr 21, 2026
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Hello all,

I've reached week 11 of Reta at a low dose (right now 1.8 mg weekly). Today, after giving it a lot of thought, I began HRT (an estradiol patch, plus my first progesterone dose later tonight). Tomorrow morning is when I'm due for my Reta dose. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses HRT alongside Reta, or other peptides such as GHK-cu. How has it gone for you? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
 
I use HRT too, along with Tirz. My start was with the patch, but after several months I got fed up with shelling out just over $100 each time for only x4 patches, so I switched to estradiol from vials and haven't gone back since.

Throughout this, I've taken Tirz on a consistent basis, and I gave Reta a shot (sadly, it did nothing for me). No issues ever came up between HRT and Tirz, nor with the various other peptides I've sampled over time. One thing I'll mention: based on what I've come across on Reddit, I'm aiming to hold off on progesterone until I've got roughly a year of HRT behind me. (Right now I'm just about 5 months in.) That's my 2 cents 🙂
 
About 5 years of HRT and roughly 2 years on Tirz for me. No problems at all. Also, I've used GHK-Cu for around 6 months.
 
HistLady said:

Hello all,

I've reached week 11 of Reta at a low dose (right now 1.8 mg weekly). Today, after giving it a lot of thought, I began HRT (an estradiol patch, plus my first progesterone dose later tonight). Tomorrow morning is when I'm due for my Reta dose. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses HRT alongside Reta, or other peptides such as GHK-cu. How has it gone for you? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
My wife uses Triz, GK, and HRT together. She's dropped 30lbs, and her hair seems to be returning to its original shade. Skin is tough to judge since she does a lot of other things plus Botox, but I have zero complaints. One more thing—if you aren't already on high doses of L-Arginine, you ought to begin. It's beneficial for everyone, but especially for a woman going through the changes. It supports nitric oxide production, which matters a great deal for your lady bits...
 
HistLady said:

Hello all,

I've reached week 11 of Reta at a low dose (right now 1.8 mg weekly). Today, after giving it a lot of thought, I began HRT (an estradiol patch, plus my first progesterone dose later tonight). Tomorrow morning is when I'm due for my Reta dose. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses HRT alongside Reta, or other peptides such as GHK-cu. How has it gone for you? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
What a coincidence—I came across this only 10 minutes back.

https://drmaryclairehaver.suspiciou...233_tv2_tp1_a1demonfquwpkn&triedRedirect=true
 
HistLady said:

Hello all,

I've reached week 11 of Reta at a low dose (right now 1.8 mg weekly). Today, after giving it a lot of thought, I began HRT (an estradiol patch, plus my first progesterone dose later tonight). Tomorrow morning is when I'm due for my Reta dose. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses HRT alongside Reta, or other peptides such as GHK-cu. How has it gone for you? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Yep, that's me! HRT has been part of my routine for over 2 years now. Last October I began reta, then a week afterward I introduced klow. Tesamoralin came into the mix in January, and rather than my [muscle?] shrinking, I actually put on lean tissue. All at once my HRT seemed less effective, and then it hit me: with more fat and fluid gone, transdermal absorption suffers since it relies on fat, so I upped my E2 patch dose. Ghk-cu by itself gave me the uglies, and klow did too to some extent.
 
MrZardoz said:

I use HRT too, along with Tirz. My start was with the patch, but after several months I got fed up with shelling out just over $100 each time for only x4 patches, so I switched to estradiol from vials and haven't gone back since.

Throughout this, I've taken Tirz on a consistent basis, and I gave Reta a shot (sadly, it did nothing for me). No issues ever came up between HRT and Tirz, nor with the various other peptides I've sampled over time. One thing I'll mention: based on what I've come across on Reddit, I'm aiming to hold off on progesterone until I've got roughly a year of HRT behind me. (Right now I'm just about 5 months in.) That's my 2 cents 🙂
What is the reason progesterone is limited to just 1 year? And if you are okay with it, could you tell me which other peptides you have used and how they worked out? Thanks.
 
Jfrick11 said:

HistLady said:

Hello all,

I've reached week 11 of Reta at a low dose (right now 1.8 mg weekly). Today, after giving it a lot of thought, I began HRT (an estradiol patch, plus my first progesterone dose later tonight). Tomorrow morning is when I'm due for my Reta dose. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses HRT alongside Reta, or other peptides such as GHK-cu. How has it gone for you? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
What a coincidence—I came across this only 10 minutes back.

https://drmaryclairehaver.suspiciou...233_tv2_tp1_a1demonfquwpkn&triedRedirect=true
Appreciate you posting that, but the link isn't working for me. I'd really like to see it if you're willing to post it once more.
 
BlueDog55 said:

HistLady said:

Hello all,

I've reached week 11 of Reta at a low dose (right now 1.8 mg weekly). Today, after giving it a lot of thought, I began HRT (an estradiol patch, plus my first progesterone dose later tonight). Tomorrow morning is when I'm due for my Reta dose. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses HRT alongside Reta, or other peptides such as GHK-cu. How has it gone for you? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
My wife uses Triz, GK, and HRT together. She's dropped 30lbs, and her hair seems to be returning to its original shade. Skin is tough to judge since she does a lot of other things plus Botox, but I have zero complaints. One more thing—if you aren't already on high doses of L-Arginine, you ought to begin. It's beneficial for everyone, but especially for a woman going through the changes. It supports nitric oxide production, which matters a great deal for your lady bits...
What counts as a large dose?
 
HistLady said:

Jfrick11 said:

HistLady said:

Hello all,

I've reached week 11 of Reta at a low dose (right now 1.8 mg weekly). Today, after giving it a lot of thought, I began HRT (an estradiol patch, plus my first progesterone dose later tonight). Tomorrow morning is when I'm due for my Reta dose. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses HRT alongside Reta, or other peptides such as GHK-cu. How has it gone for you? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
What a coincidence—I came across this only 10 minutes back.

https://drmaryclairehaver.suspiciou...233_tv2_tp1_a1demonfquwpkn&triedRedirect=true
Appreciate you posting that, but the link isn't working for me. I'd really like to see it if you're willing to post it once more.
Of course 😊

https://drmaryclairehaver.suspiciou...233_tv2_tp1_a1demonfquwpkn&triedRedirect=true
 
HistLady said:

MrZardoz said:

I use HRT too, along with Tirz. My start was with the patch, but after several months I got fed up with shelling out just over $100 each time for only x4 patches, so I switched to estradiol from vials and haven't gone back since.

Throughout this, I've taken Tirz on a consistent basis, and I gave Reta a shot (sadly, it did nothing for me). No issues ever came up between HRT and Tirz, nor with the various other peptides I've sampled over time. One thing I'll mention: based on what I've come across on Reddit, I'm aiming to hold off on progesterone until I've got roughly a year of HRT behind me. (Right now I'm just about 5 months in.) That's my 2 cents 🙂
What is the reason progesterone is limited to just 1 year? And if you are okay with it, could you tell me which other peptides you have used and how they worked out? Thanks.
Honestly, my reason for taking HRT (progesterone in particular) probably differs from what most others here are after — I'm using it to support breast growth as part of transitioning 🙂 As for the other peptides I've given a go, just listing them off the top of my head: AOD, Semaglutide, PT141, Cagril.. plus Retatrutide. Basically, out of everything I've sampled so far, hardly any seemed to make a real difference — which is why I've mostly stuck with Tirzepatide, the true uber cockroach among peptides..

Hope this helps..
 
I've been using HRT for a long time, and about 6 months ago I started reata and klow as well. So far, I haven't run into any problems.
 
MrZardoz said:

I use HRT too, along with Tirz. My start was with the patch, but after several months I got fed up with shelling out just over $100 each time for only x4 patches, so I switched to estradiol from vials and haven't gone back since.

Throughout this, I've taken Tirz on a consistent basis, and I gave Reta a shot (sadly, it did nothing for me). No issues ever came up between HRT and Tirz, nor with the various other peptides I've sampled over time. One thing I'll mention: based on what I've come across on Reddit, I'm aiming to hold off on progesterone until I've got roughly a year of HRT behind me. (Right now I'm just about 5 months in.) That's my 2 cents 🙂

@MrZardoz, what's the method for converting transdermal estradiol into injectable estradiol dosing? Are you getting the estradiol from a compounding pharmacy? Does it get administered every week or every day? It's SO INTERESTING that this could be done! Appreciate any info you can give

🙂
 
SoCalGirl said:

MrZardoz said:

I use HRT too, along with Tirz. My start was with the patch, but after several months I got fed up with shelling out just over $100 each time for only x4 patches, so I switched to estradiol from vials and haven't gone back since.

Throughout this, I've taken Tirz on a consistent basis, and I gave Reta a shot (sadly, it did nothing for me). No issues ever came up between HRT and Tirz, nor with the various other peptides I've sampled over time. One thing I'll mention: based on what I've come across on Reddit, I'm aiming to hold off on progesterone until I've got roughly a year of HRT behind me. (Right now I'm just about 5 months in.) That's my 2 cents 🙂

@MrZardoz, what's the method for converting transdermal estradiol into injectable estradiol dosing? Are you getting the estradiol from a compounding pharmacy? Does it get administered every week or every day? It's SO INTERESTING that this could be done! Appreciate any info you can give

🙂
At the start, I turned to Claude.ai whenever I had beginner questions, such as asking it to sort a given set of patches from least to most 'serious' in dosage. That's how I settled on starting with 0.0375mg.

And it cost me a hefty sum.

After a few months of that, I pushed up to 0.1mg, though Claude resisted me at every turn.

Eventually I felt the pace was far too sluggish, and I needed to move to injections plus the much lower cost of eeN (Estradiol enanthate) in vial form - (somewhere in the $35 - $60 range). So, leaning on Claude once more, I worked my way into crypto step by step: figuring out how to get money into the app or apps I picked, swapping it into BTC, pushing that to a wallet, and from there being walked through each stage of sending the crypto to the Vendor.

As for estradiol, I'm on Estradiol enanthate - a once-per-week routine - and no, I've never gone through a compounding pharmacy for it (nor for the Tirz I use). My doctor knows I obtain HRT/estradiol through 'other' routes, and just recommends blood work every few months. That's the DIY approach. I know other estradiol forms exist - Undecylate, Valerate, and Cypionate - and each calls for a different injection schedule than mine. I'm lazy, so once a week is simple to remember and stick to, same as with the Tirz.

(One user called Claude 'the one single adult in the room,' and that's accurate. You frequently have to nudge him gently toward what you're after, and get him to help you reach it. Total honesty is the best approach with this AI.

Still, once you provide the name, the milligram amount on the vial, and every other detail printed on it, you ought to be able to get a list of standard doses. Estradiol typically arrives pre-made, with a carrier oil included in the package... that, plus a correctly sized syringe and following the directions to keep the vial somewhere dark and cool-ish (not a fridge!), out of the light. Depending on the milligrams you purchased, that should last anywhere from 6-8 months up to a couple of years.

Hope this helps..

​#-
 
My wife has been following an HRT protocol for close to 2 yrs, and about 1 month after she began HRT therapy, we introduced Reta. Combining the two, together with Wolverine, NAD, and Mots-C protocols, has brought about a major change of life for her. She feels like she is in the best condition she has been in for decades, and she tells anyone who asks or comments on her about her experience.
 
bonelifts said:

My wife has been following an HRT protocol for close to 2 yrs, and about 1 month after she began HRT therapy, we introduced Reta. Combining the two, together with Wolverine, NAD, and Mots-C protocols, has brought about a major change of life for her. She feels like she is in the best condition she has been in for decades, and she tells anyone who asks or comments on her about her experience.
It would mean a lot to me if she could share more details about what she's been through. Knowing that everything is going well for her brings me a lot of joy.
 
Back on topic now - my HRT regimen consists of Estradiol, Testosterone, and Progesterone, and it's been roughly 5 years of use - no issues whatsoever when combined with weekly Reta, Tirz, and Cagri, plus daily KLOW, BPC, and GHK. All good. 😉

Since HRT replenishes what's been depleted, if you were younger or still had every part intact, these hormones would naturally be present at "proper" levels. My guess is that HRT brings you to slightly below where you were in your 40s. Though I'd prefer levels from my 20s!! So HRT gives back what time takes away. As far as I can tell, there are zero interactions.

MrZardoz said:

SoCalGirl said:

MrZardoz said:

I use HRT too, along with Tirz. My start was with the patch, but after several months I got fed up with shelling out just over $100 each time for only x4 patches, so I switched to estradiol from vials and haven't gone back since.

Throughout this, I've taken Tirz on a consistent basis, and I gave Reta a shot (sadly, it did nothing for me). No issues ever came up between HRT and Tirz, nor with the various other peptides I've sampled over time. One thing I'll mention: based on what I've come across on Reddit, I'm aiming to hold off on progesterone until I've got roughly a year of HRT behind me. (Right now I'm just about 5 months in.) That's my 2 cents 🙂

@MrZardoz, what's the method for converting transdermal estradiol into injectable estradiol dosing? Are you getting the estradiol from a compounding pharmacy? Does it get administered every week or every day? It's SO INTERESTING that this could be done! Appreciate any info you can give

🙂
At the start, I turned to Claude.ai whenever I had beginner questions, such as asking it to sort a given set of patches from least to most 'serious' in dosage. That's how I settled on starting with 0.0375mg.

And it cost me a hefty sum.

After a few months of that, I pushed up to 0.1mg, though Claude resisted me at every turn.

Eventually I felt the pace was far too sluggish, and I needed to move to injections plus the much lower cost of eeN (Estradiol enanthate) in vial form - (somewhere in the $35 - $60 range). So, leaning on Claude once more, I worked my way into crypto step by step: figuring out how to get money into the app or apps I picked, swapping it into BTC, pushing that to a wallet, and from there being walked through each stage of sending the crypto to the Vendor.

As for estradiol, I'm on Estradiol enanthate - a once-per-week routine - and no, I've never gone through a compounding pharmacy for it (nor for the Tirz I use). My doctor knows I obtain HRT/estradiol through 'other' routes, and just recommends blood work every few months. That's the DIY approach. I know other estradiol forms exist - Undecylate, Valerate, and Cypionate - and each calls for a different injection schedule than mine. I'm lazy, so once a week is simple to remember and stick to, same as with the Tirz.

(One user called Claude 'the one single adult in the room,' and that's accurate. You frequently have to nudge him gently toward what you're after, and get him to help you reach it. Total honesty is the best approach with this AI.

Still, once you provide the name, the milligram amount on the vial, and every other detail printed on it, you ought to be able to get a list of standard doses. Estradiol typically arrives pre-made, with a carrier oil included in the package... that, plus a correctly sized syringe and following the directions to keep the vial somewhere dark and cool-ish (not a fridge!), out of the light. Depending on the milligrams you purchased, that should last anywhere from 6-8 months up to a couple of years.

Hope this helps..

​#-
THANK YOU!! That's packed with so much info. Pinning the oil-based stuff scares me a bit. Is the sensation any different from regular pinning? Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot. And how do you decide WHICH Estradiol to go with? Thanks!
 
SoCalGirl said:

Back on topic now - my HRT regimen consists of Estradiol, Testosterone, and Progesterone, and it's been roughly 5 years of use - no issues whatsoever when combined with weekly Reta, Tirz, and Cagri, plus daily KLOW, BPC, and GHK. All good. 😉

Since HRT replenishes what's been depleted, if you were younger or still had every part intact, these hormones would naturally be present at "proper" levels. My guess is that HRT brings you to slightly below where you were in your 40s. Though I'd prefer levels from my 20s!! So HRT gives back what time takes away. As far as I can tell, there are zero interactions.

MrZardoz said:

SoCalGirl said:

MrZardoz said:

I use HRT too, along with Tirz. My start was with the patch, but after several months I got fed up with shelling out just over $100 each time for only x4 patches, so I switched to estradiol from vials and haven't gone back since.

Throughout this, I've taken Tirz on a consistent basis, and I gave Reta a shot (sadly, it did nothing for me). No issues ever came up between HRT and Tirz, nor with the various other peptides I've sampled over time. One thing I'll mention: based on what I've come across on Reddit, I'm aiming to hold off on progesterone until I've got roughly a year of HRT behind me. (Right now I'm just about 5 months in.) That's my 2 cents 🙂

@MrZardoz, what's the method for converting transdermal estradiol into injectable estradiol dosing? Are you getting the estradiol from a compounding pharmacy? Does it get administered every week or every day? It's SO INTERESTING that this could be done! Appreciate any info you can give

🙂
At the start, I turned to Claude.ai whenever I had beginner questions, such as asking it to sort a given set of patches from least to most 'serious' in dosage. That's how I settled on starting with 0.0375mg.

And it cost me a hefty sum.

After a few months of that, I pushed up to 0.1mg, though Claude resisted me at every turn.

Eventually I felt the pace was far too sluggish, and I needed to move to injections plus the much lower cost of eeN (Estradiol enanthate) in vial form - (somewhere in the $35 - $60 range). So, leaning on Claude once more, I worked my way into crypto step by step: figuring out how to get money into the app or apps I picked, swapping it into BTC, pushing that to a wallet, and from there being walked through each stage of sending the crypto to the Vendor.

As for estradiol, I'm on Estradiol enanthate - a once-per-week routine - and no, I've never gone through a compounding pharmacy for it (nor for the Tirz I use). My doctor knows I obtain HRT/estradiol through 'other' routes, and just recommends blood work every few months. That's the DIY approach. I know other estradiol forms exist - Undecylate, Valerate, and Cypionate - and each calls for a different injection schedule than mine. I'm lazy, so once a week is simple to remember and stick to, same as with the Tirz.

(One user called Claude 'the one single adult in the room,' and that's accurate. You frequently have to nudge him gently toward what you're after, and get him to help you reach it. Total honesty is the best approach with this AI.

Still, once you provide the name, the milligram amount on the vial, and every other detail printed on it, you ought to be able to get a list of standard doses. Estradiol typically arrives pre-made, with a carrier oil included in the package... that, plus a correctly sized syringe and following the directions to keep the vial somewhere dark and cool-ish (not a fridge!), out of the light. Depending on the milligrams you purchased, that should last anywhere from 6-8 months up to a couple of years.

Hope this helps..

​#-
THANK YOU!! That's packed with so much info. Pinning the oil-based stuff scares me a bit. Is the sensation any different from regular pinning? Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot. And how do you decide WHICH Estradiol to go with? Thanks!
As for noticing any difference, nope, nothing changes - you just need to count to something like '10' so that the full amount of oil/estradiol blend travels through that thin insulin needle and into you, and only then pull the syringe out. Pain really shouldn't be a factor - it may simply flow a bit more slowly compared to regular BAC, for example.

On the question of which one to pick, like I mentioned, I ought to be familiar with how often each estradiol variant is dosed and by what method - but that knowledge isn't there. So I turned to one of my Claude instances - 'Remote' Claude - and asked it to explain, so here's that:

A brief side-by-side:

Estradiol Enanthate (EEn)

  • How often: Once weekly
  • Half-life: ~4-5 days
  • What you're on now — steady levels, simple schedule, timing isn't fussy
Estradiol Cypionate (EC)

  • How often: Once weekly or every 10-14 days
  • Half-life: ~8 days
  • A bit longer-lasting than EEn, practically almost the same, common among DIY folks
Estradiol Valerate (EV)

  • How often: Twice weekly
  • Half-life: ~3-5 days
  • Requires more shots to keep levels steady, missing a dose throws things off more easily

Estradiol Undecylate (EU)

  • How often: Every 2-4 weeks
  • Half-life: ~20+ days
  • Acts the longest, needed least often — though keeping levels even can be trickier, and dialing in the right dose is harder
Bottom line:

  • If you want low effort: EU (fewest injections) or EEn/EC (weekly)
  • For steady levels: EEn or EC (weekly) tends to be seen as the best trade-off
  • For maximum control: EV (twice weekly, easier to adjust but more needles)
Remote Claude told me that your weekly EEn is really the ideal middle ground for most DIY users — consistent, straightforward, easy to predict. 🙂

-I thanked it, and mentioned I was copying and pasting this over to the forum 🙂
 
Back
Top