How would you handle this spread of masses?

cldfront

Explorer
Joined
Oct 4, 2024
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Hi folks. This 60mg kit came back from testing with the following masses:

69.4

65.19

67.56

72.01

66.64

71.49

What would you do with it? For the first time I'm a bit kerfluffled. Normally I just total them up and go with the average, but these swings are wider than I'm used to. A spread from 65mg to 72mg feels uncomfortably big. I ran both ends through the calculator and the dose difference at 15mg works out at (only) two units, (21 vs 23), so maybe just go with 22 units and call it good? I don't usually get harsh sides and I'm 1.75 years into my research, but I do like dosing accurately. TIA!
 
cldfront said:

Hi folks. This 60mg kit came back from testing with the following masses:

69.4

65.19

67.56

72.01

66.64

71.49

What would you do with it? For the first time I'm a bit kerfluffled. Normally I just total them up and go with the average, but these swings are wider than I'm used to. A spread from 65mg to 72mg feels uncomfortably big. I ran both ends through the calculator and the dose difference at 15mg works out at (only) two units, (21 vs 23), so maybe just go with 22 units and call it good? I don't usually get harsh sides and I'm 1.75 years into my research, but I do like dosing accurately. TIA!

Between the lowest and highest vial versus the mean, the spread comes to roughly 5% ... that's not a concern.

Take that average and feed it into a reverse calculator together with the clean, round unit count you plan to inject every time, then mix using whatever odd volume of bac the reverse calculator tells you to use.
 
cldfront said:

Hi folks. This 60mg kit came back from testing with the following masses:

69.4

65.19

67.56

72.01

66.64

71.49

What would you do with it? For the first time I'm a bit kerfluffled. Normally I just total them up and go with the average, but these swings are wider than I'm used to. A spread from 65mg to 72mg feels uncomfortably big. I ran both ends through the calculator and the dose difference at 15mg works out at (only) two units, (21 vs 23), so maybe just go with 22 units and call it good? I don't usually get harsh sides and I'm 1.75 years into my research, but I do like dosing accurately. TIA!

To be honest, just throw it away. Actually, I'll take that kit off your hands at no cost 😁
 
cldfront said:

Hi folks. This 60mg kit came back from testing with the following masses:

69.4

65.19

67.56

72.01

66.64

71.49

What would you do with it? For the first time I'm a bit kerfluffled. Normally I just total them up and go with the average, but these swings are wider than I'm used to. A spread from 65mg to 72mg feels uncomfortably big. I ran both ends through the calculator and the dose difference at 15mg works out at (only) two units, (21 vs 23), so maybe just go with 22 units and call it good? I don't usually get harsh sides and I'm 1.75 years into my research, but I do like dosing accurately. TIA!
That's exactly my approach. The difference won't be noticeable to you.
 
cldfront said:

Hi folks. This 60mg kit came back from testing with the following masses:

69.4

65.19

67.56

72.01

66.64

71.49

What would you do with it? For the first time I'm a bit kerfluffled. Normally I just total them up and go with the average, but these swings are wider than I'm used to. A spread from 65mg to 72mg feels uncomfortably big. I ran both ends through the calculator and the dose difference at 15mg works out at (only) two units, (21 vs 23), so maybe just go with 22 units and call it good? I don't usually get harsh sides and I'm 1.75 years into my research, but I do like dosing accurately. TIA!
Hold on — you kept 4 vials for yourself and only sent 6 of the kit's 10 vials off to be tested?
 
Take the average, stick it in the freezer, and get on with your life. You'd never notice the difference either way.
 
Usually I just go by the vial's stated weight and don't stress over the number.

If I felt like being more precise, I'd assume each vial is 69mg and dose off that figure.

mainefungi said:

cldfront said:

Hi folks. This 60mg kit came back from testing with the following masses:

69.4

65.19

67.56

72.01

66.64

71.49

What would you do with it? For the first time I'm a bit kerfluffled. Normally I just total them up and go with the average, but these swings are wider than I'm used to. A spread from 65mg to 72mg feels uncomfortably big. I ran both ends through the calculator and the dose difference at 15mg works out at (only) two units, (21 vs 23), so maybe just go with 22 units and call it good? I don't usually get harsh sides and I'm 1.75 years into my research, but I do like dosing accurately. TIA!
Hold on — you kept 4 vials for yourself and only sent 6 of the kit's 10 vials off to be tested?
Likely multiple kits from that batch got tested.
 
mainefungi said:

cldfront said:

Hi folks. This 60mg kit came back from testing with the following masses:

69.4

65.19

67.56

72.01

66.64

71.49

What would you do with it? For the first time I'm a bit kerfluffled. Normally I just total them up and go with the average, but these swings are wider than I'm used to. A spread from 65mg to 72mg feels uncomfortably big. I ran both ends through the calculator and the dose difference at 15mg works out at (only) two units, (21 vs 23), so maybe just go with 22 units and call it good? I don't usually get harsh sides and I'm 1.75 years into my research, but I do like dosing accurately. TIA!
Hold on — you kept 4 vials for yourself and only sent 6 of the kit's 10 vials off to be tested?
Nope — this was a well-liked batch that got tested by the vendor as well as an independent third-party group. My 10 are still with me. As a side note, endotoxins came back at 77eu, which raised my eyebrows a little, but after looking into the recent JEEP info I figure my 77 will be no problem. lol
 
Habibibi said:

Take the average, stick it in the freezer, and get on with your life. You'd never notice the difference either way.
To me, the difference is something I notice, and that's my thing. I've tried going a few mg down and up, and the sensations line up, though it might just be my imagination. So if I use it and it seems ineffective, I'll probably inject an extra couple of units the following day or so. I realize that's not a big deal overall.
 
Back
Top