emptynester
Explorer
Do the anti-inflammatory effects match those of tirzepatide? I'm considering a low dose for someone dealing with a connective tissue disorder. Weight loss isn't the goal — I'd just like them to feel better.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Since it comes as a pill, I'm not sure there's any way to go below the starting dose.emptynester said:
Do the anti-inflammatory effects match those of tirzepatide? I'm considering a low dose for someone dealing with a connective tissue disorder. Weight loss isn't the goal — I'd just like them to feel better.
This is meant for my daughter, who is 18. Once she's at college, she'll need to handle it on her own. A pill strikes me as the simpler route. Preparing a custom injection and maintaining sterility seems like it would be really hard for her. I'm not against splitting pills, but so far the only strengths I've come across are 6 and 12 mg. Perhaps I'll give .5 of tirz a try while she's back for summer break. Should that pan out, we can work out a plan for the school year. I appreciate your replymyopicmystic said:
Since it comes as a pill, I'm not sure there's any way to go below the starting dose.emptynester said:
Do the anti-inflammatory effects match those of tirzepatide? I'm considering a low dose for someone dealing with a connective tissue disorder. Weight loss isn't the goal — I'd just like them to feel better.
That said, if injections are something you'd consider, tirz would likely let you use a really small dose. On reddit I've seen people mention taking 0.25mg or 0.50mg each week for inflammation, though whether they kept it at that level long term, I can't say.
I get where you're coming from. If college is already stressful, cutting out any unnecessary steps makes sense, and I'd be looking for the same thing. A pill would definitely be less hassle, so hopefully folks chime in about anti-inflammatory benefits so yall have a straightforward option.emptynester said:
This is meant for my daughter, who is 18. Once she's at college, she'll need to handle it on her own. A pill strikes me as the simpler route. Preparing a custom injection and maintaining sterility seems like it would be really hard for her. I'm not against splitting pills, but so far the only strengths I've come across are 6 and 12 mg. Perhaps I'll give .5 of tirz a try while she's back for summer break. Should that pan out, we can work out a plan for the school year. I appreciate your replymyopicmystic said:
Since it comes as a pill, I'm not sure there's any way to go below the starting dose.emptynester said:
Do the anti-inflammatory effects match those of tirzepatide? I'm considering a low dose for someone dealing with a connective tissue disorder. Weight loss isn't the goal — I'd just like them to feel better.
That said, if injections are something you'd consider, tirz would likely let you use a really small dose. On reddit I've seen people mention taking 0.25mg or 0.50mg each week for inflammation, though whether they kept it at that level long term, I can't say.
Be cautious there. A lot of these "doctors" are putting their licenses on the line by "prescribing" the identical Chinese gray market product we purchase, only with huge markups.emptynester said:
Thanks. She's going into year 2 now. I believe I may have located a physician who will prescribe microdoses.
birdwhacker said:
Be cautious there. A lot of these "doctors" are putting their licenses on the line by "prescribing" the identical Chinese gray market product we purchase, only with huge markups.emptynester said:
Thanks. She's going into year 2 now. I believe I may have located a physician who will prescribe microdoses.
Getting a pen ready for them makes sense. That way the doses stay under your control, and all they need to do is wipe the spot with an alcohol pad and swap the needle afterward.
Just wanted to share where I'm at: I have a connective tissue disorder of the Marfan type, and I've got an 18 yo who will be leaving for the dorms when Fall comes around.emptynester said:
This is meant for my daughter, who is 18. Once she's at college, she'll need to handle it on her own. A pill strikes me as the simpler route. Preparing a custom injection and maintaining sterility seems like it would be really hard for her. I'm not against splitting pills, but so far the only strengths I've come across are 6 and 12 mg. Perhaps I'll give .5 of tirz a try while she's back for summer break. Should that pan out, we can work out a plan for the school year. I appreciate your replymyopicmystic said:
Since it comes as a pill, I'm not sure there's any way to go below the starting dose.emptynester said:
Do the anti-inflammatory effects match those of tirzepatide? I'm considering a low dose for someone dealing with a connective tissue disorder. Weight loss isn't the goal — I'd just like them to feel better.
That said, if injections are something you'd consider, tirz would likely let you use a really small dose. On reddit I've seen people mention taking 0.25mg or 0.50mg each week for inflammation, though whether they kept it at that level long term, I can't say.
Maybe you could get her started with a pen...emptynester said:
This is meant for my daughter, who is 18. Once she's at college, she'll need to handle it on her own. A pill strikes me as the simpler route. Preparing a custom injection and maintaining sterility seems like it would be really hard for her. I'm not against splitting pills, but so far the only strengths I've come across are 6 and 12 mg. Perhaps I'll give .5 of tirz a try while she's back for summer break. Should that pan out, we can work out a plan for the school year. I appreciate your replymyopicmystic said:
Since it comes as a pill, I'm not sure there's any way to go below the starting dose.emptynester said:
Do the anti-inflammatory effects match those of tirzepatide? I'm considering a low dose for someone dealing with a connective tissue disorder. Weight loss isn't the goal — I'd just like them to feel better.
That said, if injections are something you'd consider, tirz would likely let you use a really small dose. On reddit I've seen people mention taking 0.25mg or 0.50mg each week for inflammation, though whether they kept it at that level long term, I can't say.
We already went that route. My wish is that zepbound releases the kwikpen so my insurance will cover it. For 3 months, my cost is just 25 dollars. If that happens, she could microdose with far greater ease using it.skeptick said:
Maybe you could get her started with a pen...emptynester said:
This is meant for my daughter, who is 18. Once she's at college, she'll need to handle it on her own. A pill strikes me as the simpler route. Preparing a custom injection and maintaining sterility seems like it would be really hard for her. I'm not against splitting pills, but so far the only strengths I've come across are 6 and 12 mg. Perhaps I'll give .5 of tirz a try while she's back for summer break. Should that pan out, we can work out a plan for the school year. I appreciate your replymyopicmystic said:
Since it comes as a pill, I'm not sure there's any way to go below the starting dose.emptynester said:
Do the anti-inflammatory effects match those of tirzepatide? I'm considering a low dose for someone dealing with a connective tissue disorder. Weight loss isn't the goal — I'd just like them to feel better.
That said, if injections are something you'd consider, tirz would likely let you use a really small dose. On reddit I've seen people mention taking 0.25mg or 0.50mg each week for inflammation, though whether they kept it at that level long term, I can't say.
Foundayo tablets are not Tirzepatide - they are a small-molecule agonist that only hits GLP-1, so the stomach does not break them down the way it handles a peptide (that is exactly why they avoid needing the SNAC tech the Wegovy pill relies on, and why you can take them whenever, food and water or not)Foggy-Hollow said:
Just wanted to share where I'm at: I have a connective tissue disorder of the Marfan type, and I've got an 18 yo who will be leaving for the dorms when Fall comes around.emptynester said:
This is meant for my daughter, who is 18. Once she's at college, she'll need to handle it on her own. A pill strikes me as the simpler route. Preparing a custom injection and maintaining sterility seems like it would be really hard for her. I'm not against splitting pills, but so far the only strengths I've come across are 6 and 12 mg. Perhaps I'll give .5 of tirz a try while she's back for summer break. Should that pan out, we can work out a plan for the school year. I appreciate your replymyopicmystic said:
Since it comes as a pill, I'm not sure there's any way to go below the starting dose.emptynester said:
Do the anti-inflammatory effects match those of tirzepatide? I'm considering a low dose for someone dealing with a connective tissue disorder. Weight loss isn't the goal — I'd just like them to feel better.
That said, if injections are something you'd consider, tirz would likely let you use a really small dose. On reddit I've seen people mention taking 0.25mg or 0.50mg each week for inflammation, though whether they kept it at that level long term, I can't say.
A few things I've been mulling over: at 18, plenty of people with diabetes are already giving themselves insulin shots. Sure, it comes down to the individual student — our neighbor's 19yo wasn't mature enough, so that kid stayed nearby for junior college. Still, my guess is most 18 yo adults could manage it. Tasks like keeping everything in a clean bin about the size of a shoe box, or clearing and wiping the desk, aren't really hard on their own. You know your own student better than any of us could.
Another thing worth looking into is what the rules say where she'll be living (particularly if it's a dorm). In other words, what happens if she's found with "non prescribed substances" — or does the wording say "illegal drugs" instead? If it's an apartment not owned by the school, it probably won't be an issue.
On the subject of splitting a pill: look into whether tirz can make it through the stomach. That was the stumbling block for researchers working on oral GLP-1s. Sema is given a "bubble" coating so it can get past the stomach, but I have no idea what mechanism allows tirz to survive.
Should she have a fridge in her room, a pen would be great. If not, those mini cosmetic fridges sold on Amazon do the job well. Laundry containers are worth considering for sharps.
Best of luck.