How quickly did effects show up after your first dose?

lil ghost said:

not sure whether this is placebo or if my body just reacts fast, but under 24 hours after my very first tirz injection I've got zero appetite. I went with a low starting dose too (2mg), because my BMI sits toward the lower side of the "healthy" range. maybe I'm tricking myself into believing I'm not hungry, yet it honestly feels like I'm stuffed even though I've barely eaten today.

this is my first experience with any peptide at all, so I've got nothing personal to measure it against. just wondering whether others noticed things happening immediately, or whether I'm kidding myself and/or some kind of outlier.
For me it happened inside 1 day. This was also the very first peptide I'd ever tried. Whether I count as a super responder, I really don't know. 9 weeks in, I'm down 23 lbs — began at 207, now at 184. I'm a 5'7" female with an athletic build, so I figure roughly 20 lbs more and I'll be looking really good. Just did my 2nd shot of 7.5mg. At the start, I skipped 1 week of 2.5mg.
 
With my initial 2.5mg shot, the effect hit me in under 1 hour, which felt odd. By the 3rd and 4th injection, it took a few hours before I noticed anything, and by the following day it was in full swing.

What's curious is that today, on day 4 after my 4th pin, I had stomach growling in the morning for the first time since I began taking Tirz. Yesterday afternoon and evening I was also a bit hungrier. All of this despite being pretty convinced I was a super responder 😀

oh and my BMI was "only" 26.5 at the start, now it's 25.
 
With each of my first 3 shots, Tirz hit me roughly 18-20 hrs afterward. I began at 3mg. What happened was a gag reflex sort of thing — I can still picture myself at the sink, spitting roughly every 10 sec, because swallowing my own saliva was impossible; there was a huge amount of it while it was going on. Day 1 I came close to throwing up. Pins 2 and 3 felt different, more like a stomach that was off, tied up in knots.

From then on I timed my pins so that I'd have work hours available to handle whatever came. Once pin 3 was behind me, though, it stopped.
 
When I began in February at 2.5mg, I weighed 358 lbs. I injected right before going to sleep, and when I got up, I had to make myself eat that day and the following day. The full effect hit me for more than 48 hours without a break, plus a bit for 6 days. That pattern continued through the first few weeks. Now I'm down about 25 and on a 7.5mg dose, and I don't start feeling it until day 3 or 4, and it only sticks around for a day or two.
 
My first Tirz shot went in at 7am. Breakfast is something I never have. Lunch was a given, plus snacks all day long and then dinner and more at night.

At 8pm it hit me that no food had passed my lips and I felt no urge to change that. Tirz hit me hard. 6 months down the line I moved over to Reta. Honestly I still don't feel like it does anything for me, though I'm still on a really low dose. Only time will reveal the answer. Most likely I'll switch back to Tirz.
 
For me it hit fast — within a few hours. By the following day eating was a struggle. Honestly, during that first month I switched to huel shakes at lunch, mainly so I'd get some calories and something balanced. Dinner was a challenge too, and this was all on 2.5mg. I ended up staying at 2.5 for months.
 
thorien said:

For me it hit fast — within a few hours. By the following day eating was a struggle. Honestly, during that first month I switched to huel shakes at lunch, mainly so I'd get some calories and something balanced. Dinner was a challenge too, and this was all on 2.5mg. I ended up staying at 2.5 for months.
Protein shakes have become my go-to as well, purely to make sure I'm getting some nutrients. And the shift in how often food crosses my mind is wild! Before this, I'd snack without even thinking about it lol
 
DoctaDave said:

My first Tirz shot went in at 7am. Breakfast is something I never have. Lunch was a given, plus snacks all day long and then dinner and more at night.

At 8pm it hit me that no food had passed my lips and I felt no urge to change that. Tirz hit me hard. 6 months down the line I moved over to Reta. Honestly I still don't feel like it does anything for me, though I'm still on a really low dose. Only time will reveal the answer. Most likely I'll switch back to Tirz.
I thought about trying reta, but after reading that it might raise heart rate, I got a bit spooked. What was your reason for switching from tirz to reta initially?
 
Began on brand-name tirz. Within a few hours I could already feel something.

During that initial week, though, it only lasted 3-4 days. By now, 10+ weeks in, 3.5mg keeps it going the entire week.
 
lil ghost said:

DoctaDave said:

My first Tirz shot went in at 7am. Breakfast is something I never have. Lunch was a given, plus snacks all day long and then dinner and more at night.

At 8pm it hit me that no food had passed my lips and I felt no urge to change that. Tirz hit me hard. 6 months down the line I moved over to Reta. Honestly I still don't feel like it does anything for me, though I'm still on a really low dose. Only time will reveal the answer. Most likely I'll switch back to Tirz.
I thought about trying reta, but after reading that it might raise heart rate, I got a bit spooked. What was your reason for switching from tirz to reta initially?

Looking at the brighter side, an elevated heart rate might partly stem from reduced blood pressure. When it comes to LDL, reta could have an edge over tirz. Additionally:

lhenderdon said:


I switched from tirzepatide to Reta and until I moved up to 7 mgs had no appetite control. I added cagril and I can tell you it’s powerful I had to make myself eat. Also my bio markers also improved, normal bp, cholesterol numbers improved also recently has an echocardiogram done because I had a heart attack about 5 years ago. It showed a major improvement in left ventricular refraction the ability to pump blood. It has gone from 39 percent 2 years ago to 61 percent 3 weeks ago. That is in the normal range of a healthy heart. My cardiologist was amazed at the improvement and noted it in the report. He said it likely will be used to treat heart failure. Anyway that’s my experience and I’ve lost 96lbs in about 10 months.

Click to expand...

Some people also turn to tirz as a budget-friendly stand-in for reta (by stacking it with survo or maz), or they combine tirz and reta. That said, for stacking purposes, cagri is the tidier choice. Regardless, I'll remain a tirz supporter and I still have a larger stash of it than reta.
 
lil ghost said:

DoctaDave said:

My first Tirz shot went in at 7am. Breakfast is something I never have. Lunch was a given, plus snacks all day long and then dinner and more at night.

At 8pm it hit me that no food had passed my lips and I felt no urge to change that. Tirz hit me hard. 6 months down the line I moved over to Reta. Honestly I still don't feel like it does anything for me, though I'm still on a really low dose. Only time will reveal the answer. Most likely I'll switch back to Tirz.
I thought about trying reta, but after reading that it might raise heart rate, I got a bit spooked. What was your reason for switching from tirz to reta initially?
That extra fat-burning component. To be honest, though, it hasn't been great. For me it performs roughly on par with Tirz, except there's a bit more heartburn. My resting HR climbed by around 10 beats per minute, going from 70 to 80. My workout rate stayed the same. I top out at 160 and have never exceeded that, so Reta hasn't had any impact there.
 
For me it was strange. About 1 hour after my first pin I headed to lunch and ordered a dish I normally order. Roughly half of it in, nausea hit me hard enough that even the idea of another spoonful was impossible. What's odd is that I never felt anything like that again, despite my appetite being lower overall, and a few weeks afterward I went back and ate the same meal without any real trouble.

Could have been my first exposure, could have been that the needle landed right in a subcut capillary, or could have been a wild placebo effect, but either way it rattled me at the start.
 
I've now been using tirz for 6 months. This may come across as unbelievable, but the first change I picked up on was on day 2, when snacks held 0 appeal for me, & I also had almost no desire for dinner. Close to 6 months on, in my case, eating is a struggle. I do make sure to get protein & nutrient shakes down, & every so often I'll have a very small meal. I'm working on handling this better.
 
Back
Top