How long until fatigue got better for those who dealt with it?

Jilla

Explorer
Joined
May 15, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
England
I've done 3 weeks on tirz 2.5mg and this fatigue is unbearable! On days 2-3 following my weekly jab, I'm so wiped out it feels like when I had covid. I'm guessing it should get better eventually — I can't keep feeling sick for 2 days out of every week!

(Just so you know, I'm on electrolytes, magnesium and melatonin, plus a 500 cal deficit. Low food intake doesn't seem to be the cause, since I've done 5+ months of dieting at similar calories before and never had fatigue)
 
Bumping up my protein intake seemed to ease the fatigue for me.

Mine was fairly rough while I was between 7.5 and 12.5

You haven't reached therapeutic levels yet, so you'll probably settle in once you hit your 8-9th week
 
I began Tirz in late March. In general, over the next several weeks this will pass, but be certain to keep your fluids up—that made a big difference in my case. Once I started, I began going through far more Liquid IV packs, and that has been a huge help. A healthy item containing some sugar or natural sugar can help as well.
 
Week 6 (4mg) is just starting for me and fatigue is still here, with some nausea to boot now (yay!).

Hydration clearly matters (lately I keep forgetting to drink... not good I know), because when my water intake improves those symptoms do settle down a bit.
 
What's your appetite like? If hunger isn't an issue and you're finding it easy to stay within your calorie deficit, then lowering the dose could be worth trying — perhaps even under the usual starting dose. Test whether that brings relief, then ramp up very gradually. On the other hand, if your calorie deficit has been very large or you've dropped a substantial amount of weight, that could explain the fatigue — but at this stage it points more toward the medication.

My guess is that the tiredness stems from the same brain region involved in nausea and the malaise or sickness response (through GLP-1 receptors). Typically this is less problematic on tirz than on semaglutide, though reactions to these medications vary widely from person to person.

I went through something comparable on ozempic, except it came across more as feeling mildly unwell rather than simply worn out. I couldn't really make it stop, since it was curbing my appetite and I was working to keep off 70kg that I'd lost. Even after lots of experimenting with tiny doses on the 2nd day, it never truly resolved until I quit and switched over to tirz. That said, for most people the nausea and tiredness tend to ease up gradually across months.
 
Someone else in this thread brought up hydration, and I truly can't express how much of a difference it has made for me. When you aren't drinking enough, weird symptoms can show up that seem totally unrelated. This week I increased my intake from roughly 60 ounces daily to 100 ounces, and the improvement has been obvious. Yes, I'm retaining some water because of it, but I feel the best I have in a month. Try drinking more water.
 
lessthanhalf said:

What's your appetite like? If hunger isn't an issue and you're finding it easy to stay within your calorie deficit, then lowering the dose could be worth trying — perhaps even under the usual starting dose. Test whether that brings relief, then ramp up very gradually. On the other hand, if your calorie deficit has been very large or you've dropped a substantial amount of weight, that could explain the fatigue — but at this stage it points more toward the medication.

My guess is that the tiredness stems from the same brain region involved in nausea and the malaise or sickness response (through GLP-1 receptors). Typically this is less problematic on tirz than on semaglutide, though reactions to these medications vary widely from person to person.

I went through something comparable on ozempic, except it came across more as feeling mildly unwell rather than simply worn out. I couldn't really make it stop, since it was curbing my appetite and I was working to keep off 70kg that I'd lost. Even after lots of experimenting with tiny doses on the 2nd day, it never truly resolved until I quit and switched over to tirz. That said, for most people the nausea and tiredness tend to ease up gradually across months.
Even though my appetite is there, I've made the call to step down to 1.25mg because the exhaustion was unbearable — for 2 days I couldn't even leave my bed. Without fail, it would strike 2 days post-injection like clockwork, then ease up as the medication diminished in my system. This pattern has repeated every week for 4 weeks straight. My calorie intake and water consumption stayed constant the whole time, so it's clearly the tirz and not anything related to dieting.

At this point I'll have to rely on standard calorie tracking, with just a micro dose of tirz to help, since my job is starting to suffer 🙁
 
Jilla said:

I've done 3 weeks on tirz 2.5mg and this fatigue is unbearable! On days 2-3 following my weekly jab, I'm so wiped out it feels like when I had covid. I'm guessing it should get better eventually — I can't keep feeling sick for 2 days out of every week!

(Just so you know, I'm on electrolytes, magnesium and melatonin, plus a 500 cal deficit. Low food intake doesn't seem to be the cause, since I've done 5+ months of dieting at similar calories before and never had fatigue)
My experience matches that. I started at 2.5 mg and have since moved up to 5 mg. During the first four days following my Mounjaro injection, I feel as though I could nap ten times per day. I simply accept it as part of the process. Since I'm using it to manage type 2 diabetes and it's clearly assisting with that, I take rest whenever possible. I also put electrolytes in my water and try to consume additional protein, yet the tiredness persists.
 
Landile said:

I began Tirz in late March. In general, over the next several weeks this will pass, but be certain to keep your fluids up—that made a big difference in my case. Once I started, I began going through far more Liquid IV packs, and that has been a huge help. A healthy item containing some sugar or natural sugar can help as well.
Liquid IV was my saving grace.

Prior to that: my Friday injection would leave me sleeping through most of Saturday

Now: I take a packet the day before, and 2 on the day itself, and Saturday is actually productive (I inject late on Friday).

One more thing: watch your Vitamin D numbers. A deficiency knocked me flat.
 
Back
Top