How long is opened BAC water still good?

Allin100

Explorer
Joined
Jun 18, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
Hey everyone. I realize this group doesn’t really endorse getting info from ChatGPT, but I went ahead and asked it how long bacteriostatic water remains usable once the first puncture has happened, and the answer I got was 28 days. A different person then said they hold onto theirs for 90 days. So I want to hear what you all really do. Once you’ve punctured your bac water, how many days do you hang onto it before throwing it away? And after opening, does yours sit at room temperature or go in the fridge? Thanks
 
Allin100 said:

Hey everyone. I realize this group doesn’t really endorse getting info from ChatGPT, but I went ahead and asked it how long bacteriostatic water remains usable once the first puncture has happened, and the answer I got was 28 days. A different person then said they hold onto theirs for 90 days. So I want to hear what you all really do. Once you’ve punctured your bac water, how many days do you hang onto it before throwing it away? And after opening, does yours sit at room temperature or go in the fridge? Thanks
Try searching—this has come up several times already. Everyone handles it differently.
 
CranberryRocker said:

Allin100 said:

Hey everyone. I realize this group doesn’t really endorse getting info from ChatGPT, but I went ahead and asked it how long bacteriostatic water remains usable once the first puncture has happened, and the answer I got was 28 days. A different person then said they hold onto theirs for 90 days. So I want to hear what you all really do. Once you’ve punctured your bac water, how many days do you hang onto it before throwing it away? And after opening, does yours sit at room temperature or go in the fridge? Thanks
Try searching—this has come up several times already. Everyone handles it differently.
Yeah, fair point. Normally I do search before I post — that's not like me. I had looked into this earlier and didn't come across a thread just for it, though a great one went up yesterday, so thanks.
 
I apply a Venn diagram..."Does the vial still contain solution?---->yes---->keep the vial, do not discard it.....Does the vial still contain solution?---->no---->discard the vial"
 
Flash-BCR said:

I apply a Venn diagram..."Does the vial still contain solution?---->yes---->keep the vial, do not discard it.....Does the vial still contain solution?---->no---->discard the vial"
In my opinion, that's the most correct way to handle it 👌
 
I store mine in the fridge and stretch it to the 90-day point, though 30 days is the most cautious option. The thinking is that the refrigerator's cold conditions, in principle, slow down bacterial growth.
 
Flash-BCR said:

I apply a Venn diagram..."Does the vial still contain solution?---->yes---->keep the vial, do not discard it.....Does the vial still contain solution?---->no---->discard the vial"
Got it. And what sits in the middle? 😆
 
Allin100 said:

Flash-BCR said:

I apply a Venn diagram..."Does the vial still contain solution?---->yes---->keep the vial, do not discard it.....Does the vial still contain solution?---->no---->discard the vial"
Got it. And what sits in the middle? 😆
Naturally, the needle. /j
 
Allin100 said:

Flash-BCR said:

I apply a Venn diagram..."Does the vial still contain solution?---->yes---->keep the vial, do not discard it.....Does the vial still contain solution?---->no---->discard the vial"
Got it. And what sits in the middle? 😆
A flow chart and a Venn diagram amount to the same thing 🙂. My knowledge comes from teaching myself, and that occasionally becomes obvious...especially around 2am, when those of us who never log off are still hanging around... 👍 😎
 
Pfizer has an official recommendation — and then there's how the rest of us handle it.


https://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=4666


The key concern with BAC is keeping pH within the typical 4.5-7 window. Drop below that and it turns acidic; rise above it and it turns alkaline. Either way isn't ideal. You can check this using pH test strips. That applies to BAC water generally — the kind used for recon. Once it's mixed into a peptide, well....that's beyond what I can speak to.
 
This is just my own approach, no judgment on anyone else:

According to the hospira studies, it holds up essentially fine through 120 days. So...I go with 60 days for recon, and I don't use peps beyond 60 days. That means the last pep recon would land at 120 total. So I throw out the hospira at 60 days. Roughly. In reality I usually go through most of it, and I'm only running reta, NAD, KPV. The NAD eats up a lot. It's $15 honestly who cares compared to what is being spent elsewhere. Is my logic faulty? Maybe, works for me.
 
Flash-BCR said:

I apply a Venn diagram..."Does the vial still contain solution?---->yes---->keep the vial, do not discard it.....Does the vial still contain solution?---->no---->discard the vial"
It really comes down to a flowchart-style decision.
 
Funny timing on this post—I just got back into things myself, sorted through my supplies, and there's no chance I'm tossing this out lol
 
Gotgrowth said:

Funny timing on this post—I just got back into things myself, sorted through my supplies, and there's no chance I'm tossing this out lol
Whoa, haha! Do you work at a hospital or something?
 
Allin100 said:

Gotgrowth said:

Funny timing on this post—I just got back into things myself, sorted through my supplies, and there's no chance I'm tossing this out lol
Whoa, haha! Do you work at a hospital or something?
Back before the peptide craze took off, I picked up the entire tray for

roughly 80 dollars lol
 
With vendor BAC — and that only happens when I've got no other option — I'd give it 30 days. If it's Hospira, I keep using it until the bottle's empty.
 
Back
Top