How long is a reconstituted vial actually good for?

salt513 said:

TriDiddy said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
I have run a vial of reta for 90 days and honestly did not feel any degradation, and I know others here would say the same. As I understand it, Reta and Tirz do not begin degrading until 120 days. That said, I would still suggest holding the 50mg vial back for when your weekly use is higher, and buying smaller vials to work through in the meantime.
Do you have a source for that 120 days? I keep coming across degradation starting at ~45.
Taking the chart at face value, mean loss by day 90 sits under 10% (the 44% figure clearly being an
outlier). So we're talking 2-9% weaker, not useless. Nothing turns poisonous simply because the 90 day
mark arrives — you'd just need to bump the amount by roughly 10% extra to offset what has degraded.

I'm no scientist, but that's my reading of it.
 
THANK YOU!!!!!! So the Tirz60 can stay in the fridge and carry me through another 6 months. Past the
4 month point I'll nudge each dose up by 10% per month to compensate for whatever potency is lost.
That ought to cover me no matter how much really degrades after 4 months.
 
FLglpguy said:

This crossed my mind as well.

My own stash is BPI compounded Tirz60 w/B6 — a (6) vial box with a May 7th start date. Vial 1 is empty
and bottle #2 came out of the fridge a week back, which leaves 5 still sealed, and I've only been at
this 90 days. From day1 onward they have lived in the cold, and no other Tirz has gone into my body.
Honestly the strength seems to have faded a notch. Food noise is still handled, yet appetite has
returned in a way it never did across the earlier 90 days. Dose sits at 10mg at the moment and I'm
tempted to climb higher just to race through the remainder before breaking into my non-compounded grey
vials.

Which route is smarter:

Keep the 5 remaining BPI Tirz60 w/B6 vials chilled and work through them across 26 weeks? OR freeze
them and draw from 1 vial at a time over the same 26 weeks? At my current dosing schedule, finishing
all 6 would stretch 9-10 months.

The script came as a 6 month supply, which made me assume untouched vials would hold up, but?????????
now I'm 2nd guessing it..
One thing to get straight: those degradation curves describe grey market product mixed with BAC.
Compounded BPI is a different animal — it carries preservatives and its BUD has been validated out to
12 months, while the branded Tirz runs a 2 year BUD. What you're feeling as weakness is your body
adapting, and that adaptation is exactly why the dose has to be titrated upward to hold the same
response.
 
TriDiddy said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
I have run a vial of reta for 90 days and honestly did not feel any degradation, and I know others here would say the same. As I understand it, Reta and Tirz do not begin degrading until 120 days. That said, I would still suggest holding the 50mg vial back for when your weekly use is higher, and buying smaller vials to work through in the meantime.

salt513 said:

TriDiddy said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
I have run a vial of reta for 90 days and honestly did not feel any degradation, and I know others here would say the same. As I understand it, Reta and Tirz do not begin degrading until 120 days. That said, I would still suggest holding the 50mg vial back for when your weekly use is higher, and buying smaller vials to work through in the meantime.
Do you have a source for that 120 days? I keep coming across degradation starting at ~45.
8 weeks is fine by me, and 10 if it comes to that.
 
Back
Top