How long is a reconstituted vial actually good for?

mrblu

Explorer
Joined
Jul 10, 2026
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Hey all

I am fairly new around here, and hunting for the best deal for myself I picked up a 50 mg reta kit

Since then I have been doing continuous deep dives, and I keep reading that after a reta vial is reconstituted the BAC water is really only guaranteed for ~28 days (ref. USP 797), given minimal light and steady refrigeration,

So most of you can probably see where this is heading — I am clearly not going to get through 50 mg in 4 weeks, so what is my best move here? Do I just hold onto them and order kits sized more sensibly for my dose (eg 10 or 20 mg)?

Or is there an obvious solution I am overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any and all help, this forum is a breath of fresh air next to the other online peptide forums!
 
Bringing in @Skidude 's comment from another thread, since it lands squarely on topic here too. Thanks for the reply!

My follow-up question: with 3 reconstituted vials now, aren't they all counting down the same ~28 day clock? How do you keep the ones you aren't using going for longer?





fb45153554094542c2cb8f80e92765d31aca8681187b343ce541ae77f50524b6.webp





Taking the whole vial into account, how long do you usually hang onto reta before you move to the next one?



I'm about to hit the 90 day mark. More than half the vial is still there...but I reckon I'm gonna call it. Part of me thinks it may already be degrading, purely off vibes LMAO. Honestly though, ive never titrated up, so that is the likelier explanation. Are you all stretching them out this long...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
 
Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
 
Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Yeah, reta is not the sturdiest of them, tirzepatide can hold its strength out past 60 days after reconning...a few peptides do worse...
 
mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
With some peptides, tirz included, freezing after recon costs you very little potency....my understanding is reta sheds a higher %'s of potency once frozen, but that still beats binning it...
 
Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.

Flash-BCR said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Yeah, reta is not the sturdiest of them, tirzepatide can hold its strength out past 60 days after reconning...a few peptides do worse...
Thanks to you both! Luckily they're sitting in the freezer with desiccant keeping the humidity nice and low, so they ought to stay good for a while 🙂

Glad I found this out before wasting any... there's always something I miss

Time to spend more money on a more appropriate kit 😅
 
mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.

Flash-BCR said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Yeah, reta is not the sturdiest of them, tirzepatide can hold its strength out past 60 days after reconning...a few peptides do worse...
Thanks to you both! Luckily they're sitting in the freezer with desiccant keeping the humidity nice and low, so they ought to stay good for a while 🙂

Glad I found this out before wasting any... there's always something I miss

Time to spend more money on a more appropriate kit 😅
Reasons I must stop reading this forum once I have had a gummy: 1 - paranoid I ought to be dead, given BAC water goes bad in 28 days and I keep using mine until it is out. 2 - everyone talking about freezing post-recon.
 
Gt3294a said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.

Flash-BCR said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Yeah, reta is not the sturdiest of them, tirzepatide can hold its strength out past 60 days after reconning...a few peptides do worse...
Thanks to you both! Luckily they're sitting in the freezer with desiccant keeping the humidity nice and low, so they ought to stay good for a while 🙂

Glad I found this out before wasting any... there's always something I miss

Time to spend more money on a more appropriate kit 😅
Reasons I must stop reading this forum once I have had a gummy: 1 - paranoid I ought to be dead, given BAC water goes bad in 28 days and I keep using mine until it is out. 2 - everyone talking about freezing post-recon.
hahahahaha - just to be clear, what is in my freezer is non-reconstituted powder, not liquid

Enjoy the ride
 
Flash-BCR said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
With some peptides, tirz included, freezing after recon costs you very little potency....my understanding is reta sheds a higher %'s of potency once frozen, but that still beats binning it...
I have got 4 constituted vials from a compounded pharm sitting at BUD (not that that means anything), and I obviously cannot get through it all rn, so I was wondering whether fridge or freezer is the better call now, until I am ready to use it.
 
Flash-BCR said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
With some peptides, tirz included, freezing after recon costs you very little potency....my understanding is reta sheds a higher %'s of potency once frozen, but that still beats binning it...
Nothing that's been reconned goes in my freezer.
 
bamagirl26 said:

Flash-BCR said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
With some peptides, tirz included, freezing after recon costs you very little potency....my understanding is reta sheds a higher %'s of potency once frozen, but that still beats binning it...
I have got 4 constituted vials from a compounded pharm sitting at BUD (not that that means anything), and I obviously cannot get through it all rn, so I was wondering whether fridge or freezer is the better call now, until I am ready to use it.
My stash holds a years worth of compounded BPI. That lives in the refrigerator. The lyophilized kits and vials are the ones that go in the freezer.
 
Blueeyedme said:

bamagirl26 said:

Flash-BCR said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
With some peptides, tirz included, freezing after recon costs you very little potency....my understanding is reta sheds a higher %'s of potency once frozen, but that still beats binning it...
I have got 4 constituted vials from a compounded pharm sitting at BUD (not that that means anything), and I obviously cannot get through it all rn, so I was wondering whether fridge or freezer is the better call now, until I am ready to use it.
My stash holds a years worth of compounded BPI. That lives in the refrigerator. The lyophilized kits and vials are the ones that go in the freezer.
yeah it is BPI, so you reckon the fridge is enough then?
 
bamagirl26 said:

Blueeyedme said:

bamagirl26 said:

Flash-BCR said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
With some peptides, tirz included, freezing after recon costs you very little potency....my understanding is reta sheds a higher %'s of potency once frozen, but that still beats binning it...
I have got 4 constituted vials from a compounded pharm sitting at BUD (not that that means anything), and I obviously cannot get through it all rn, so I was wondering whether fridge or freezer is the better call now, until I am ready to use it.
My stash holds a years worth of compounded BPI. That lives in the refrigerator. The lyophilized kits and vials are the ones that go in the freezer.
yeah it is BPI, so you reckon the fridge is enough then?
I will use it within a year of the printed BUD...and with BPI (503B) I am comfortable doing that. Freezing the vials strikes me as pointless.
 
mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
I have run a vial of reta for 90 days and honestly did not feel any degradation, and I know others here would say the same. As I understand it, Reta and Tirz do not begin degrading until 120 days. That said, I would still suggest holding the 50mg vial back for when your weekly use is higher, and buying smaller vials to work through in the meantime.
 
TriDiddy said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

A few things.

Hardly anyone here sticks to 28 days; the medical pros on this board have said that figure belongs more to a hospital setting with multiple users.

Degradation on reta shows up around the 45 day mark

I'd aim for kits that will cover 30-60 days

Keep the R50 back for when your dose goes higher, and run smaller kits until then.
Understood, so there is no magic way to pause the clock at ~45 days on the other vials

Once it is reconstituted, you are basically out of options?
I have run a vial of reta for 90 days and honestly did not feel any degradation, and I know others here would say the same. As I understand it, Reta and Tirz do not begin degrading until 120 days. That said, I would still suggest holding the 50mg vial back for when your weekly use is higher, and buying smaller vials to work through in the meantime.
Do you have a source for that 120 days? I keep coming across degradation starting at ~45.
 
This crossed my mind as well.

My own stash is BPI compounded Tirz60 w/B6 — a (6) vial box with a May 7th start date. Vial 1 is empty
and bottle #2 came out of the fridge a week back, which leaves 5 still sealed, and I've only been at
this 90 days. From day1 onward they have lived in the cold, and no other Tirz has gone into my body.
Honestly the strength seems to have faded a notch. Food noise is still handled, yet appetite has
returned in a way it never did across the earlier 90 days. Dose sits at 10mg at the moment and I'm
tempted to climb higher just to race through the remainder before breaking into my non-compounded grey
vials.

Which route is smarter:

Keep the 5 remaining BPI Tirz60 w/B6 vials chilled and work through them across 26 weeks? OR freeze
them and draw from 1 vial at a time over the same 26 weeks? At my current dosing schedule, finishing
all 6 would stretch 9-10 months.

The script came as a 6 month supply, which made me assume untouched vials would hold up, but?????????
now I'm 2nd guessing it..
 
Back
Top