How long is a reconstituted vial actually good for?

E41604

Explorer
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
A question for the more experienced among you:

After a peptide is reconstituted with bacteriostatic water and kept properly refrigerated, what length of time do you personally treat it as stable and usable?

28 days comes up a lot, though 6–8 weeks or more is what other people say, depending on the peptide.

What everyone actually follows in practice is what I'm curious about, and whether a general rule is what you use or the specific peptide is what it gets based on.

Moving on from that: a vial of bacteriostatic water that has been opened and stored properly — how much longer is it good for before you throw it out?

Appreciate the info!
 
Until nothing is left in it.

Were anything to start growing in it, discarding would be my move as well, but that has never happened to me.
 
It gets used until it's gone.

At least 90 days for the bac water in my reconstituted vials is something I, personally, am comfortable with. Longer is probably ok, I suspect, though pushing past that hasn't been necessary for me. Empty is what my vials are before 90 days.

Some peps I wouldn't take 90 days though, and the peptide is what that's based on, not the bac water.

A family member of mine let a vial of tirz (reconstituted with bac water) sit in the fridge a year (he switched to reta and didn't throw out the tirz vial). His wife then decided a glp was something she wanted to try, so that year-old tirz in bac water got injected by her... it worked, that vial was finished out, and she lived. Trying it is not something I'm suggesting you do.
 
A study on this exists, I believe, and apart from a few peptides, most of the stuff lasts a long time provided oxidation stays under control.
 
GLP's are mostly very stable and last a long time. A vial has been in use here for 2.5 months with no noticeable degradation.

On the bacteriostatic water: a Hospira Bac water opened on April 30th is still what I am using, and a vial was just reconned with it a couple of days ago, with no issues. Until it is empty, this bac water gets used, and about 25% currently remains in it. Kept away from light, whether in the fridge (a cupboard in the kitchen is where mine lives) and clear with no floaties in it, is what makes me consider it still usable.
 
E41604 said:

A question for the more experienced among you:

After a peptide is reconstituted with bacteriostatic water and kept properly refrigerated, what length of time do you personally treat it as stable and usable?

28 days comes up a lot, though 6–8 weeks or more is what other people say, depending on the peptide.

What everyone actually follows in practice is what I'm curious about, and whether a general rule is what you use or the specific peptide is what it gets based on.

Moving on from that: a vial of bacteriostatic water that has been opened and stored properly — how much longer is it good for before you throw it out?

Appreciate the info!
It gets used until it's gone. One has never had to last me beyond 9 weeks so far.
 
E41604 said:

A question for the more experienced among you:

After a peptide is reconstituted with bacteriostatic water and kept properly refrigerated, what length of time do you personally treat it as stable and usable?

28 days comes up a lot, though 6–8 weeks or more is what other people say, depending on the peptide.

What everyone actually follows in practice is what I'm curious about, and whether a general rule is what you use or the specific peptide is what it gets based on.

Moving on from that: a vial of bacteriostatic water that has been opened and stored properly — how much longer is it good for before you throw it out?

Appreciate the info!
Some test results are below




a6a1f2d957810ecd2198babf7a863197283ed14acf29c8367209539e5148925c.webp
 
The 503A place where I used to belong mailed out reconstituted Tirz for 3 months at a time. 3 vials of 15mg. BUD dates of 6 months out were on some. At a BUD of 90 days were others. Largest doses were purchased by plenty of users, who took way less titration to make the drugs last longer. Beyond the 120 day window on the final vial went some of them, I know, and issues were never reported.
 
Until hairpins get seasick on permanent waves. (Among a few amusing sign-offs in my mother's 1950s high school yearbook.)

Given bac water, vigilance with alcohol swabs and refrigeration, 3 months.
 
Early Reta vials of mine went up to 10 weeks with no issues. Other peps I try to use up within 30 days.
 
6 weeks and my Tz and Survo are finished.

GHK-Cu & KPV go in daily, so whatever is left gets binned at the 45 day mark.

Before drawing I hold the vial up to the light. Cloudy, or anything floating in it, and it goes in the bin.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

6 weeks and my Tz and Survo are finished.

GHK-Cu & KPV go in daily, so whatever is left gets binned at the 45 day mark.

Before drawing I hold the vial up to the light. Cloudy, or anything floating in it, and it goes in the bin.
Has a Tirz vial ever turned on you at the 45 day mark? Mine never has on Reta, though I do run everything through a filter. Back when I was not filtering — the first vial or two — I still never saw cloudiness or floaters.
 
Cheers everyone, that is genuinely useful. What a great community this turned out to be — keep it going.
 
I cannot picture myself binning a vial I had already mixed. I do scribble the recon date on the label, though — mostly so that if I do drop dead, I can work out which one did it. Morbid curiosity, I suppose.
 
Back
Top