keangkong said:
Stormblessed91 said:
Hey everyone,
Came across a post on reddit earlier that caught my attention. The question was about how long folks keep their BAC water around. I had always believed 28 days was the max, yet a few commenters mentioned reusing the same bottle for months on end. Figured I'd share it here and get your take.
For my Hospira BAC water, here is the approach I take: 1. The expiration date printed on the bottle gets disregarded. 2. After the stopper has been pierced, the BAC water gets used up within 90 days. With my Niimbot, the vial gets labeled with the date it was opened. Per the manufacturer's guidance, the BAC water gets stored without refrigeration. The rationale: bacteriostatic water kills bacteria more effectively while the bacteria are trying to multiply. Warmer conditions are when bacteria try to multiply. 3. When the Hospira BAC water gets added to a vial of lyophilized peptide, a fresh 90 day window begins at that point. Naturally, to preserve the peptide, the vial gets refrigerated. Using my Niimbot, the start date gets written on the lyophilized vial. Yes, I'm aware that this practice might mean BAC water opened 180 days earlier ends up being used. My reasoning for departing from Hospira's official instructions: my home probably harbors fewer disease-causing germs than a hospital does, my health is reasonably good, and the injections are subcutaneous—even though Hospira BAC water's directions allow the riskier intravenous route. The rules get followed by me not because I think any deviation would inevitably cause an infection, but because deviating would raise infection risk enough that simply following the rules is the better choice.