How Long Does BAC Water Last?

Stormblessed91

Explorer
Joined
May 21, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Watertown, NY
Hey everyone,

Came across a post on reddit earlier that caught my attention. The question was about how long folks keep their BAC water around. I had always believed 28 days was the max, yet a few commenters mentioned reusing the same bottle for months on end. Figured I'd share it here and get your take.
 
My guess is that the vast majority here—90% or more—keep using it for many months. The folks who finish theirs inside 28 days likely have a big peptide stack going and simply go through 30mL before that month wraps up!
 
There may be 100 replies to this, though a separate thread is already covering the same topic, so it's hard to say. In any case, the BAC water I have is easly 6 months old, and I'll still use it. The 28 Day rule exists because Hospitals and pharmacies follow it, driven by excessive caution, and those settings contain alot of germs, so sure. If you draw from your Bac water 2-4 times, using a new needle on each occasion, how would that cause any harm? BAC water does not expire in 28 days.
 
It amuses me that organizations operating as non-profits take "expired" drugs and medical supplies off hospital hands just to ship them abroad, where they continue to be put to use saving health and lives. Our fixation on the exact moment otherwise usable items supposedly go bad is genuinely obsessive.
 
alphaamigo said:

It amuses me that organizations operating as non-profits take "expired" drugs and medical supplies off hospital hands just to ship them abroad, where they continue to be put to use saving health and lives. Our fixation on the exact moment otherwise usable items supposedly go bad is genuinely obsessive.

Given how quick people are to sue in this country, that's the reality we're in.

As for me, I keep using a bottle right up until there's nothing left in it.
 
Good question — I had been thinking about that too. To me, following good sanitation practices matters most of all. Once you've punctured it the first time, is everyone storing it at room temperature?
 
715e19e144897826294d94b4eecafeb9df260265285201409fe4eec7b310161e.png




Only 28 Days?



Per USP <797>, multi-dose containers must be thrown out 28 days after the first puncture. In Hospira BAC water, benzyl alcohol concentration was tested on days 0, 30, 60, 90, and 120 under three different conditions. Through day 120, all three samples stayed within the preservative range supported by the literature.

Image unavailable


www.peprecon.com

A 120 day study was run on Hospira bac. The biggest decline occurred between 90-120 days, yet it stayed above the safety threshold.

I aim to finish mine within 90 days. For instance, at 30 days I'll reconstitute a vial that I may continue using for 8 weeks. Since I'm enough of a peptide junky, most 30ml vials get used up in about a month anyway.
 
gusterbuster said:

View attachment 10332



Only 28 Days?



Per USP <797>, multi-dose containers must be thrown out 28 days after the first puncture. In Hospira BAC water, benzyl alcohol concentration was tested on days 0, 30, 60, 90, and 120 under three different conditions. Through day 120, all three samples stayed within the preservative range supported by the literature.

Image unavailable


www.peprecon.com

A 120 day study was run on Hospira bac. The biggest decline occurred between 90-120 days, yet it stayed above the safety threshold.

I aim to finish mine within 90 days. For instance, at 30 days I'll reconstitute a vial that I may continue using for 8 weeks. Since I'm enough of a peptide junky, most 30ml vials get used up in about a month anyway.
...and 120 days sits at the upper end of what official safety recommendations allow....personally, my own risk tolerance is set a bit lower, so...Still, using up 30ml within a couple of months isn't very difficult...
 

Attachments

  • 715e19e144897826294d94b4eecafeb9df260265285201409fe4eec7b310161e.png
    715e19e144897826294d94b4eecafeb9df260265285201409fe4eec7b310161e.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 3
Rezwalker said:

grab a clave, then it stays usable for 3 months or longer
Are you saying you'd put your BAC water bottle through an autoclave? If you actually do that, film it — I want to watch how that turns out…
 
ColdSmoke said:

Good question — I had been thinking about that too. To me, following good sanitation practices matters most of all. Once you've punctured it the first time, is everyone storing it at room temperature?
Yes, I do. Once punctured, my Hospira BAC always stays at room temperature. I maintain conditions that are as sanitary and sterile as I can. On average, the same Hospira bac lasts me 3- 4 months (by then it's usually used up). I also grabbed a flat before the price hike that expires in 2027. When needed, I'll tap into that after its expiration date, and naturally I'll keep the required sanitary/ sterile conditions.
 
ColdSmoke said:

Good question — I had been thinking about that too. To me, following good sanitation practices matters most of all. Once you've punctured it the first time, is everyone storing it at room temperature?
My own BAC water stays at room temperature. From what I understand, that is the storage method recommended by Hospira or Pfizer, though I might be mistaken. Your message sparked something for me too: right now my bac sits in a cabinet that is cool, dry, and clean, but I will likely pick up a sealed container, clean it with 70% isopropyl, and place them inside.
 
My approach is to keep using it right up until the bottle is empty. It goes with my Klow, Reta, and Tirz. There are 2 of us using it. My estimate is that it will last about 4-5months. I store it at room temp, because a nurse friend of mine told me that’s how it’s handled at the hospital.
 
After you puncture it, you still keep it at room temperature? From what I've seen in other places, the guidance is room temp while it's unopened, then fridge once it's been opened.
 
CheetosYum said:

After you puncture it, you still keep it at room temperature? From what I've seen in other places, the guidance is room temp while it's unopened, then fridge once it's been opened.
Correct, I don't keep it in the refrigerator. The remainder of the case sits in a dark cabinet in my laundry room. Before that, it stayed in a cabinet out in the garage, until temperatures began reaching 95* both outside and inside the garage.
 
alphaamigo said:

It amuses me that organizations operating as non-profits take "expired" drugs and medical supplies off hospital hands just to ship them abroad, where they continue to be put to use saving health and lives. Our fixation on the exact moment otherwise usable items supposedly go bad is genuinely obsessive.
To me, that's kind of like how food has expiration dates. Some states don't mandate them, but it's simpler to stamp them on everything so the states that do require it are covered. If something is 1 day past its date, plenty of people toss it, even though 1 day (or a week) won't cause much—if any—harm. Years, sure. But here in the US, the amount of food individuals and companies waste is sickening, especially when you consider how many people globally, and even locally, go hungry.

So my point: I've also kept using my bacwater for months and never ran into a problem. As long as you keep things clean and sterile when you dip into it, and store it in the fridge, it's fine (based on my own experience)
 
Back
Top