How long do reconstituted peptides and bac water stay good?

After going through a bunch of different takes (plus 1 actual study, though it came from a peptide vendor so maybe take it with a grain of salt), these are the guidelines I follow:

1. As long as it's clear, there's nothing to worry about

2. Degradation usually starts to really ramp up past day 60...so be careful about raising the dose when a vial is old, because degradation can be a major factor. Keep that in mind when you crack open a new vial....the higher dose may not be needed since degradation was the cause

3. Put it in the coldest part of the fridge, and if you can, use a fridge that isn't opened much (I'm using the garage fridge)

That's how I'm handling it. Whether you treat it as advice is up to you...the decision is yours, since we're all kind of figuring this out on our own as we go.
 
Lmao123 said:

Hey everyone! I'm 3 weeks into reta, and I'm wondering: after mixing, how many weeks can a vial sit in the fridge? I keep hearing 4-6 weeks from some people. Others tell me to just finish it. That leaves me pretty confused. My approach is to keep using the vial until it's empty, unless I see cloudiness or something odd. I've also come across claims that potency declines past the 28 day point. For my 1st month I picked up a 10mg vial, which I now see was way too much; a 5mg would've likely been the better call for month 1, but you live and you learn.

As for the bac water, I've seen similar guidance that it's only good for 28 days and should then be discarded. I've also noticed many people saying they store it in the fridge, while others leave it at room temp. Mine has been in the fridge since I got it, and I was figuring I'd just use it until it's gone; I have 9ml left, and at my current pace that'll probably stretch over a few months.

(I already know how to reconstitute, how to dose, and all of that. My real worry is storage, since I keep running into conflicting answers everywhere and I trust the folks here more. I just want to get this right.)
Given what everyone said, I figure I'll stick with my current approach: store the bac water in the fridge, and keep using the reta until it's finished or toss it if it turns cloudy — same goes for my bac water. One change, though: I'll probably let it warm up a bit before reconstituting, since I've come across reports that cold bac water can make their reta go cloudy. 🤷🏻‍♀️
 
Just one person's experience:

I bought 1 vial of 10mg plus several 30mg vials of Reta, since my wife and I were both going to draw from the same vial. She dropped out, so once the 10mg vial ran out, I moved on to the 30mg ones. At that point I was still at 3mg weekly.

What I felt: tingling skin, reduced appetite, and after adding Tesamorelin, tingling in the belly. Every month I raised the weekly amount by 1mg. When I reached 5mg, side effects forced me to drop back to 4mg. That was even near the end of the vial, which by then was 2 months old.
 
Lmao123 said:

deluge said:

Lmao123 said:

Hey everyone! I'm 3 weeks into reta, and I'm wondering: after mixing, how many weeks can a vial sit in the fridge? I keep hearing 4-6 weeks from some people. Others tell me to just finish it. That leaves me pretty confused. My approach is to keep using the vial until it's empty, unless I see cloudiness or something odd. I've also come across claims that potency declines past the 28 day point. For my 1st month I picked up a 10mg vial, which I now see was way too much; a 5mg would've likely been the better call for month 1, but you live and you learn.

As for the bac water, I've seen similar guidance that it's only good for 28 days and should then be discarded. I've also noticed many people saying they store it in the fridge, while others leave it at room temp. Mine has been in the fridge since I got it, and I was figuring I'd just use it until it's gone; I have 9ml left, and at my current pace that'll probably stretch over a few months.

(I already know how to reconstitute, how to dose, and all of that. My real worry is storage, since I keep running into conflicting answers everywhere and I trust the folks here more. I just want to get this right.)

Lmao123 said:

Hey everyone! I'm 3 weeks into reta, and I'm wondering: after mixing, how many weeks can a vial sit in the fridge? I keep hearing 4-6 weeks from some people. Others tell me to just finish it. That leaves me pretty confused. My approach is to keep using the vial until it's empty, unless I see cloudiness or something odd. I've also come across claims that potency declines past the 28 day point. For my 1st month I picked up a 10mg vial, which I now see was way too much; a 5mg would've likely been the better call for month 1, but you live and you learn.

As for the bac water, I've seen similar guidance that it's only good for 28 days and should then be discarded. I've also noticed many people saying they store it in the fridge, while others leave it at room temp. Mine has been in the fridge since I got it, and I was figuring I'd just use it until it's gone; I have 9ml left, and at my current pace that'll probably stretch over a few months.

(I already know how to reconstitute, how to dose, and all of that. My real worry is storage, since I keep running into conflicting answers everywhere and I trust the folks here more. I just want to get this right.)
Your approach makes sense. Extending beyond 28 days after mixing is generally low-risk, but keep an eye out for anything weird growing in the vials. According to SuperTrips' chart, the majority of peptides hold their potency well at 60 days and past that too.

As for BAC water, it comes down to what you're comfortable with and how much risk you're willing to accept. The advice to keep it at room temperature and throw it out after 28 days appears to come from FDA guidance that doesn't actually endorse this practice; instead, they fall back on a "unless otherwise recommended" type of statement.

I'm currently using peptides that were mixed 90 days ago, along with BAC water that's 3 months old. A lot of us are doing the same. You just have to figure out what feels reasonable to you.
So I should just carry on as before 😅 do you keep your bac water somewhere at room temperature?
My extra Hospira BAC vials sit at room temperature. After I puncture one to mix my first batch, though, it goes into the refrigerator inside the same light-blocking Tupperware where my pens and vials live.

Between my own 'tide injections and the 2 young researchers I assist, a BAC bottle is usually emptied in a little more than 60 days. Still, using one across as long as 4 months wouldn't bother me.

Stay sterile, stay careful, and keep reading here! The amount there is to learn is huge. For me it's endlessly interesting; coming from frustration (and failure) to understanding and results!
 
Lmao123 said:

BNLFL said:

I stick with Hospira until the bottle is finished, and I've had reconstituted peptides hold up fine for 8 weeks. New folks come in and skip the reading.
Yep, that’s right—you clearly aren’t reading, because if you were, you’d already know that some folks recommend discarding bac water 1 month after opening. That’s exactly why I’m asking…
Alright, fine. You've got a point — I don't know anything. Onto the ignore list with you.
 
BNLFL said:

Lmao123 said:

BNLFL said:

I stick with Hospira until the bottle is finished, and I've had reconstituted peptides hold up fine for 8 weeks. New folks come in and skip the reading.
Yep, that’s right—you clearly aren’t reading, because if you were, you’d already know that some folks recommend discarding bac water 1 month after opening. That’s exactly why I’m asking…
Alright, fine. You've got a point — I don't know anything. Onto the ignore list with you.
Maybe pop a chill pill too
 
wildweasel said:

Super Trips said:

wildweasel said:

Super Trips said:

for your research
good.

also, i'd like the source too — i want to keep it alongside the image.
janos
Is it possible for you to provide an actual URL or something?
That chart's original version is gone now. The group that gathered the data behind it asked for it to be taken down. The data itself is still around, but it lives only on that group's channel, so you'd have to join to get at it.
 
Lmao123 said:

Hey everyone! I'm 3 weeks into reta, and I'm wondering: after mixing, how many weeks can a vial sit in the fridge? I keep hearing 4-6 weeks from some people. Others tell me to just finish it. That leaves me pretty confused. My approach is to keep using the vial until it's empty, unless I see cloudiness or something odd. I've also come across claims that potency declines past the 28 day point. For my 1st month I picked up a 10mg vial, which I now see was way too much; a 5mg would've likely been the better call for month 1, but you live and you learn.

As for the bac water, I've seen similar guidance that it's only good for 28 days and should then be discarded. I've also noticed many people saying they store it in the fridge, while others leave it at room temp. Mine has been in the fridge since I got it, and I was figuring I'd just use it until it's gone; I have 9ml left, and at my current pace that'll probably stretch over a few months.

(I already know how to reconstitute, how to dose, and all of that. My real worry is storage, since I keep running into conflicting answers everywhere and I trust the folks here more. I just want to get this right.)
Certain peptides break down more quickly compared to others. From what I recall, PT-141, kisspeptin, and possibly Tesamorelin fall into the 2-3 week window post-reconstitution. As for KPV, I believe I've come across information indicating it remains nearly as stable even 40-50 days after being reconstituted (with refrigeration, obviously).

My personal rule... As long as it doesn't appear off or it hasn't been more than about 2 months since reconstituting, I go ahead and use it! Haha.
 
Back
Top