How long did you stay at each dose?

Purpletree

Explorer
Joined
Jul 5, 2026
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
Romania
Hi, I caught myself scrolling tiktok watching other women who dropped weight on tirz, and because tomorrow I'm finally moving up a dose — I've been stalling, most of you told me to do it, and I want to titrate up anyway — I'm wondering how long you all stayed at each dose?

So far it's been 4 weeks at 2.5, 11 at 5, and 1 at 6. I was hoping 6 would do something, but it did absolutely nothing, so I assume there's a reason the doses are set up this way 😂 I'll go to 7.5 and take it from there. I'm doing fine, though the constipation has really kicked in, which annoys me, but I suppose I'll go back to the chia puddings I always ate when I was counting calories lol.
 
Purpletree said:

Hi, I caught myself scrolling tiktok watching other women who dropped weight on tirz, and because tomorrow I'm finally moving up a dose — I've been stalling, most of you told me to do it, and I want to titrate up anyway — I'm wondering how long you all stayed at each dose?

So far it's been 4 weeks at 2.5, 11 at 5, and 1 at 6. I was hoping 6 would do something, but it did absolutely nothing, so I assume there's a reason the doses are set up this way 😂 I'll go to 7.5 and take it from there. I'm doing fine, though the constipation has really kicked in, which annoys me, but I suppose I'll go back to the chia puddings I always ate when I was counting calories lol.
I also gave 6mg a shot for 1 week.. lol.. but I jumped up to 7.5mg pretty fast

below is my weight loss and dosing across 31 weeks.

April 2025 was when I hit goal, 63lbs altogether

This morning at 160, so 66lbs total change

Male, 5'9"





0e5dfa3bfd30a23b16fa1692cb7b8a8e93de816ea251cf0cf3d611ec14e213a8.webp
 
Skidude said:

I also gave 6mg a shot for 1 week.. lol.. but I jumped up to 7.5mg pretty fast

below is my weight loss and dosing across 31 weeks.

April 2025 was when I hit goal, 63lbs altogether

This morning at 160, so 66lbs total change

Male, 5'9"





/
So I suppose this happens to everyone 🙂)) oh hey, it's you again — the person whose table input idea I borrowed lol, nice to see you back. Mine doesn't have any colours yet, but I'm HOPING 7.5 will finally break this 77's hell for me. I'm done 🙂)
 
I've kept to a minimum of 4 weeks on every dose I picked, so that levels have time to stabilize. Judging how weight loss is going is also reasonably doable over 4-6 weeks.
 
Purpletree said:

And what was your total loss over that period?
Roughly 50 pounds. Along with Tirz, I follow a low carb way of eating. I don't know your age or gender, but from what I've heard, women going through peri and menopause tend to require higher doses on average, since they're dealing with lower estrogen.
 
plant_lady said:

Roughly 50 pounds. Along with Tirz, I follow a low carb way of eating. I don't know your age or gender, but from what I've heard, women going through peri and menopause tend to require higher doses on average, since they're dealing with lower estrogen.
I'm 26, so menopause isn't a factor for me yet. Thanks so much!
 
I never went above 2.5mg of Tirz — that was my dose the whole time — and my weight went from 258 down to 150 pounds. For the final 8 pounds I threw in 2mg of Reta, purely because it was already purchased, not because I needed it. Since then I've held that weight for more than a year, still on 2.5mg of Tirz.
 
While I was doing my original titration upward, I kept each dose for 4 weeks. After reaching a point where I've stayed longer than 4 weeks, I've sometimes adjusted by 1mg up or down without waiting the full 4 weeks. Mostly this applies to Tirzepatide. Right now I'm on 6mg Tirz plus 2 mg Reta; with the Reta I go up in 0.5mg steps and I'm still on 4 week intervals. If I can avoid it, I'm trying not to raise the combined total of the two much further. Certain weeks leave me feeling like garbage, while other weeks I feel fine but hungry. Finding a perfect balance is difficult for me.
 
You have to keep in mind that when you go up a dose, your blood levels continue rising for 4 weeks — that's exactly why the schedule calls for an increase every 4 weeks. Also, GLP1 plotter is something everyone ought to check out.

My take: if your goal is a large amount of weight loss, 25%+, or if you're older, or you have high blood pressure or high blood sugars etc, then simply titrating up to the max doses — as long as side effects permit — makes sense. The main reason is that losing a lot of weight will most likely require max doses, but there's also the effect on preventing and treating high blood pressure, prediabetes and heart disease, and it's now proven that full doses do better at this than lower doses, with that effect not being dependent on weight loss, though weight loss helps as well. Of course, if weight is coming off too quickly, then lower the dose.

For everyone else, once effects or side effects begin to show up, doses really should be adjusted according to those: weight loss moving too slowly or too quickly, hunger not well controlled or being unable to eat enough to function, or side effects. When hunger is well controlled and the rate of weight loss is fine, there's no reason to go up in dose — unless you fall into the category above.
 
Looking back, I think I took things too slowly. I did 6 weeks at 2.5mg, then 6 weeks at 5mg, followed by 5 weeks at 7.5mg and 5 weeks at 10mg. Now I've been steady on 12mg for 8 weeks. Lost 50lbs
 
Began tirzepatide on Feb 1 2026 at 2.5mg. Two weeks after that I bumped it to 5mg and didn't feel a thing. Around the same period, my first order of triz and Reta showed up. I was looking for something that would kick in. So I skipped ahead to 10mg of triz plus 5mg of Reta (taken Monday and Thursday). No side effects at all, and I kept that same dose right up until last week. Down 70lb. Then I moved to 12 and 6, figuring a bit of extra help could knock out the final 20lb. Not that I required it, I just raised the dose because I felt like it.
 
lessthanhalf said:

You have to keep in mind that when you go up a dose, your blood levels continue rising for 4 weeks — that's exactly why the schedule calls for an increase every 4 weeks. Also, GLP1 plotter is something everyone ought to check out.

My take: if your goal is a large amount of weight loss, 25%+, or if you're older, or you have high blood pressure or high blood sugars etc, then simply titrating up to the max doses — as long as side effects permit — makes sense. The main reason is that losing a lot of weight will most likely require max doses, but there's also the effect on preventing and treating high blood pressure, prediabetes and heart disease, and it's now proven that full doses do better at this than lower doses, with that effect not being dependent on weight loss, though weight loss helps as well. Of course, if weight is coming off too quickly, then lower the dose.

For everyone else, once effects or side effects begin to show up, doses really should be adjusted according to those: weight loss moving too slowly or too quickly, hunger not well controlled or being unable to eat enough to function, or side effects. When hunger is well controlled and the rate of weight loss is fine, there's no reason to go up in dose — unless you fall into the category above.
On 5 mg tirzepatide I have dropped 32% of my body weight. Rushing up to the maximum dose is basically inviting side effects.
 
Back
Top