How long can I store reta in my fridge?

My vials have lasted 2 months without any problems. Everything goes into a vial box, which I place in the convert drawer of my fridge, where the temperature is set lower.
 
Personally, I'm thinking around 2 months. Since both my wife and I use it, mixing a 60mg vial means we'd each draw from that single vial.
 
I mixed up 40mg of reta on Dec 25 and kept using it through last week, which added up to 11 weeks. There was probably some degradation happening, but honestly I couldn't tell much of a difference. Every time I'd grab a fresh needle and clean the area with IPA.

For my latest batch, I reconstituted it with 2mL BAC and then divided it into 0.5mL portions, each going into a new sterile 1mL vial. The remaining three went into the -20°C freezer. The plan isn't to repeatedly freeze and thaw them, just a single freeze before I'm ready to use each one. Thinking ahead, I'll probably just make 1mL portions next time (so two aliquots total), because that amount would cover me for about 5 weeks.

About ten years ago I worked as a protein chemist. Freezing peptides is a standard practice, ideally with liquid Nitrogen for snap freezing, and it doesn't cause issues. One freeze/thaw cycle won't harm the protein significantly, but repeating it many times will.
 
Back
Top