How long can I store reta in my fridge?

vantum

Explorer
Joined
Feb 12, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
united states
I’ve got a 30 mg vial of reta that I mixed with 3 ml of bac water. Would it still be okay to keep using that same vial across 30-90 days? It’s stored in the same fridge where I keep my food. The vial has a plastic casing, but I’ve seen people mention that bacteria might grow? I’m unsure whether I should just get a new vial instead. thanks!
 
Given enough time, bacteria will almost certainly grow. How much time? I don't know. How long can you safely use your vial? I don't know that either. Your conditions are your own.

Do your best with proper sterile technique. Reconstitute with actual Hospira. If anything in the vial appears wrong, the recommendation is to throw it out.

On another note - a plastic vial is something I hadn't heard of until your post, so that's new to me.
 
Is the vial itself made of plastic, or is it a glass vial sitting in a plastic protective shell? If nothing looks off to me, I'd honestly just continue injecting from it. For me, 90 days would be pushing toward the upper limit of what's still viable, though I definitely kept using my first vial for close to that duration.
 
How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
 
ambot88 said:

Is the vial itself made of plastic, or is it a glass vial sitting in a plastic protective shell? If nothing looks off to me, I'd honestly just continue injecting from it. For me, 90 days would be pushing toward the upper limit of what's still viable, though I definitely kept using my first vial for close to that duration.
A glass vial contained within a protective plastic case. That matches my own thinking too — 90 days would be the upper limit, though to be honest I figure I'll use it for 60 days and then finish off that vial. Thanks!
 
My first vial was R50, and I stretched it across 10 weeks. Going much beyond that isn't something I'd recommend. As long as it stays in the fridge and you're careful about cleanliness, it ought to hold up for that period with just a small amount of degradation. Research points to a 4-5% loss over time, though since my vial was an overfill, that wasn't a concern for me. Should you need precise dosing, you could compensate for it.

Was this vial something you mixed yourself, or did you purchase it?
 
vantum said:

I’ve got a 30 mg vial of reta that I mixed with 3 ml of bac water. Would it still be okay to keep using that same vial across 30-90 days? It’s stored in the same fridge where I keep my food. The vial has a plastic casing, but I’ve seen people mention that bacteria might grow? I’m unsure whether I should just get a new vial instead. thanks!
According to the makers of bac water, the limit is 28 days, and hospitals follow that same rule by throwing out multi-dose vials 28 days after they are first opened. Of course, there is no magic switch where day 27 is fine, day 28 is still fine, and day 29 suddenly turns hazardous. So many variables are involved, and in the end it depends on how much risk each person is willing to accept.

Speaking only for myself, I would not stretch it past 1 month. That said, my job is in healthcare, and I have directly witnessed what happens when people inject contaminated substances into their bodies. Since this stuff is cheap enough and simple enough to get, there is no good reason to gamble. On the other side, many users store and inject vials for far longer than that and never run into problems.
 

Vial Size / Product Weight



I'm trying to work out the best vial size so that reconstituted reta spends as little time as possible in the fridge. What's everyone else doing? If I'm taking reta at 1mg per week, does ten weeks stretch it too far?

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com

There are some replies in there about how long people keep theirs stored.

From what was said there, I'm fine going ten weeks for 10mg in the fridge as long as I use proper sterile injection technique. Otherwise I'd be binning 50% of the vial. I'd rather accept slightly lower potency from week 5 to 10 than throw away half every time.
 
woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
 
BinaryPinecone said:

woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
Tirz handles that approach, but Reta doesn't hold up as well. According to a study I came across, Reta loses roughly 14% potency in the freezer after 30 days. Compared to Tirz, it's the more delicate one — Tirz is the gorilla peptide.
 
Chili777 said:

BinaryPinecone said:

woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
Tirz handles that approach, but Reta doesn't hold up as well. According to a study I came across, Reta loses roughly 14% potency in the freezer after 30 days. Compared to Tirz, it's the more delicate one — Tirz is the gorilla peptide.
Could you track down that study and pass it along? I would have figured that at roughly 0° F, degradation would depend less on how much time passes and more on the physical harm caused by ice crystals forming.
 
Chili777 said:

BinaryPinecone said:

woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
Tirz handles that approach, but Reta doesn't hold up as well. According to a study I came across, Reta loses roughly 14% potency in the freezer after 30 days. Compared to Tirz, it's the more delicate one — Tirz is the gorilla peptide.
It's a shame that reta is all I've got. Still, I'd have figured ice forming would break down the majority of the peptide. Nice to learn that freezing a vial with a bigger dose is an option, even if a bit of it gets ruined. That concern was exactly why I held off on picking up larger doses.
 
Chili777 said:

BinaryPinecone said:

woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
Tirz handles that approach, but Reta doesn't hold up as well. According to a study I came across, Reta loses roughly 14% potency in the freezer after 30 days. Compared to Tirz, it's the more delicate one — Tirz is the gorilla peptide.
Hold on—finding out that reconstituted Tirz can go in the freezer is the genuinely surprising part. That sounds wild to me. And if you're able to track down that study, I'd really like to read it too.
 
woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

BinaryPinecone said:

woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
Tirz handles that approach, but Reta doesn't hold up as well. According to a study I came across, Reta loses roughly 14% potency in the freezer after 30 days. Compared to Tirz, it's the more delicate one — Tirz is the gorilla peptide.
Could you track down that study and pass it along? I would have figured that at roughly 0° F, degradation would depend less on how much time passes and more on the physical harm caused by ice crystals forming.
I don't have the study itself, but another forum had the results posted. It was 45 days.

When Reta is reconstituted and then frozen, degradation reaches 14% +/- by 45 days. Over that same 45-day window, reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge degrades 3% - 5%. At 90 days, reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge degrades between 3% and 9%. Even out to 90 days, refrigerated reconstituted Reta purity stays unaffected.
 
theoretical_maximum said:

Chili777 said:

BinaryPinecone said:

woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
Tirz handles that approach, but Reta doesn't hold up as well. According to a study I came across, Reta loses roughly 14% potency in the freezer after 30 days. Compared to Tirz, it's the more delicate one — Tirz is the gorilla peptide.
Hold on—finding out that reconstituted Tirz can go in the freezer is the genuinely surprising part. That sounds wild to me. And if you're able to track down that study, I'd really like to read it too.
I believe that citation belongs to @Calm Logic. They came up with "cockroach peptide."
 
Chili777 said:

woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

BinaryPinecone said:

woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
Tirz handles that approach, but Reta doesn't hold up as well. According to a study I came across, Reta loses roughly 14% potency in the freezer after 30 days. Compared to Tirz, it's the more delicate one — Tirz is the gorilla peptide.
Could you track down that study and pass it along? I would have figured that at roughly 0° F, degradation would depend less on how much time passes and more on the physical harm caused by ice crystals forming.
I don't have the study itself, but another forum had the results posted. It was 45 days.

When Reta is reconstituted and then frozen, degradation reaches 14% +/- by 45 days. Over that same 45-day window, reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge degrades 3% - 5%. At 90 days, reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge degrades between 3% and 9%. Even out to 90 days, refrigerated reconstituted Reta purity stays unaffected.
I've watched retatrutide that was frozen lose that much potency once 45 days passed. Reconstituted retatrutide, though, hasn't shown that. Actually, I'm in a test right now, and at 60 days the degradation is minimal. The 90 day results aren't in yet.
 
Habibibi said:

Chili777 said:

woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

BinaryPinecone said:

woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
Tirz handles that approach, but Reta doesn't hold up as well. According to a study I came across, Reta loses roughly 14% potency in the freezer after 30 days. Compared to Tirz, it's the more delicate one — Tirz is the gorilla peptide.
Could you track down that study and pass it along? I would have figured that at roughly 0° F, degradation would depend less on how much time passes and more on the physical harm caused by ice crystals forming.
I don't have the study itself, but another forum had the results posted. It was 45 days.

When Reta is reconstituted and then frozen, degradation reaches 14% +/- by 45 days. Over that same 45-day window, reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge degrades 3% - 5%. At 90 days, reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge degrades between 3% and 9%. Even out to 90 days, refrigerated reconstituted Reta purity stays unaffected.
I've watched retatrutide that was frozen lose that much potency once 45 days passed. Reconstituted retatrutide, though, hasn't shown that. Actually, I'm in a test right now, and at 60 days the degradation is minimal. The 90 day results aren't in yet.
Exactly. It's frozen reconstituted Reta that breaks down, not the reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge. Do we agree on that?
 
Zepbound and Mounjaro, the brand-name versions of Tirz, are labeled for 2 years of refrigerated storage, which suggests breakdown over that span should be negligible. What I think matters more is that you can't really trust the vial's seal or the rubber stopper anymore. Glass ampules are what you'd need if the goal is indefinite stability. We also assume some kind of preservative is present in the vial (I haven't looked at the package insert), and that the pH has been tuned to keep the peptide stable and stop it from precipitating. None of that applies to peptides you reconstitute yourself at home, and the usual filtration approach physically compromises the rubber stopper, something that doesn't happen when a pharma company manufactures at scale.
 
Chili777 said:

Habibibi said:

Chili777 said:

woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

BinaryPinecone said:

woundcarping said:

How far you can push this comes down to what you know and how much risk you're willing to accept.

Speaking for myself, a peptide vial that was mixed 90 days ago isn't something I'd rule out entirely, but I'd need some pretty unusual reasons for that to be my deliberate plan.

The priciest vial I own costs less than $30, and I've got plenty of them on hand. If anything makes me doubt a vial, I'd toss it without a second thought. At the dose I'm running now, that <$30 vial stretches 7 weeks.

Whether it's worth it is up to you, but one option some people consider viable is dividing the mixed vial and freezing part of it for down the road.
Is that really possible? What level of degradation would result from it?
Tirz handles that approach, but Reta doesn't hold up as well. According to a study I came across, Reta loses roughly 14% potency in the freezer after 30 days. Compared to Tirz, it's the more delicate one — Tirz is the gorilla peptide.
Could you track down that study and pass it along? I would have figured that at roughly 0° F, degradation would depend less on how much time passes and more on the physical harm caused by ice crystals forming.
I don't have the study itself, but another forum had the results posted. It was 45 days.

When Reta is reconstituted and then frozen, degradation reaches 14% +/- by 45 days. Over that same 45-day window, reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge degrades 3% - 5%. At 90 days, reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge degrades between 3% and 9%. Even out to 90 days, refrigerated reconstituted Reta purity stays unaffected.
I've watched retatrutide that was frozen lose that much potency once 45 days passed. Reconstituted retatrutide, though, hasn't shown that. Actually, I'm in a test right now, and at 60 days the degradation is minimal. The 90 day results aren't in yet.
Exactly. It's frozen reconstituted Reta that breaks down, not the reconstituted Reta kept in the fridge. Do we agree on that?
We certainly do.
 
Back
Top