How hard does a small dose of Reta hit appetite?

Chubsbegone98

Explorer
Joined
Mar 26, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Over the winter i bulked up to just about 200lbs. Food has always been a love of mine and i snack constantly; portions and calorie dense picks like almonds or pistachios have been a lifelong problem. That is exactly why i started reading up on peptides — i wanted to know which one killed hunger the best.

So i got going on Reta, nudging the dose up week by week, and i am now at 1.5mg, thinking i will park here a few more weeks.

At this dose my desire to eat is getting wrecked — food barely crosses my mind, and hitting 160g of protein a day is becoming a struggle. Meals i used to demolish off the plate now sit there for ages (i used to clear dinner inside 1/3 of a youtube video, and these days it sometimes lasts the whole clip).

On paper that is a tiny dose, right? And yet it flattens me.

Wild how differently this lands from person to person.

Down to 172lbs now, with 150lbs as the target.
 
From what I've seen in other people's posts, other GLPs might do a better job of quieting food noise, though Reta is the only one I've used, so I have no basis for comparison. My starting dose was low, at 1mg/week. Much like your experience, food barely crossed my mind almost right away, snacking stopped completely, and meals felt far more satiating. Initially I figured it had to be placebo or something along those lines, yet across the past 4 weeks I've been dropping 2lbs/week consistently on this tiny dose.

A few days ago my wife asked whether I'd lost weight, so placebo or not, the scales aren't lying and a change in body shape has been noticed ... I've never had a comment like that before so I was very happy and smug with myself.

She knew I was taking a "weight loss medication" and was very skeptical of "something I bought on the internet". But guess what ... now she's on it too ...
 
CycleSloth said:

From what I've seen in other people's posts, other GLPs might do a better job of quieting food noise, though Reta is the only one I've used, so I have no basis for comparison. My starting dose was low, at 1mg/week. Much like your experience, food barely crossed my mind almost right away, snacking stopped completely, and meals felt far more satiating. Initially I figured it had to be placebo or something along those lines, yet across the past 4 weeks I've been dropping 2lbs/week consistently on this tiny dose.

A few days ago my wife asked whether I'd lost weight, so placebo or not, the scales aren't lying and a change in body shape has been noticed ... I've never had a comment like that before so I was very happy and smug with myself.

She knew I was taking a "weight loss medication" and was very skeptical of "something I bought on the internet". But guess what ... now she's on it too ...
Really pleased with how well such a low dose is working. I bought a large kit because I assumed I'd keep increasing the dose, but it's great that we're getting such a strong response. I'll end up needing far less than I expected to reach my targets. Keep going, man.
 
You could be extremely responsive to reta, and that would make things simpler for you. Still, since your goal is dropping 25% of the weight you started at, raising your dose at some point is likely. Once you shed pounds, hunger tends to climb, so later on you may require a larger amount of reta to stay on top of it.
 
Chubsbegone98 said:

Over the winter i bulked up to just about 200lbs. Food has always been a love of mine and i snack constantly; portions and calorie dense picks like almonds or pistachios have been a lifelong problem. That is exactly why i started reading up on peptides — i wanted to know which one killed hunger the best.

So i got going on Reta, nudging the dose up week by week, and i am now at 1.5mg, thinking i will park here a few more weeks.

At this dose my desire to eat is getting wrecked — food barely crosses my mind, and hitting 160g of protein a day is becoming a struggle. Meals i used to demolish off the plate now sit there for ages (i used to clear dinner inside 1/3 of a youtube video, and these days it sometimes lasts the whole clip).

On paper that is a tiny dose, right? And yet it flattens me.

Wild how differently this lands from person to person.

Down to 172lbs now, with 150lbs as the target.
2mg leaves me almost unable to eat. When I got near that level — perhaps 3mg while moving up a step — I went 2 weeks without sleep. During those stretches I'd have to get by on roughly 6 shakes daily. These days I stay steady at 1-1.5 mg.
 
I gradually increased my dose until it clearly crossed the line. 4mg for 2 weeks left me feeling awful, so I missed 1 dose and am now restarting, knowing that going up fast isn't necessary.
 
I’ve had a comparable experience — 13 weeks in now, at 3mg/week (I just increased from 2).

While on Semaglutide, I felt no urge to eat at all: no appetite, no cravings. I stayed on Sema for only a few months because I felt awful — meeting any macro goal turned into a brutal grind.

With reta, what I value is that the constant food chatter, cravings, and old bad patterns have gone quiet. I do get slightly hungry sometimes, but in those moments I can choose better instead of loitering in the pantry snacking while I figure out what I actually want to eat 🙂. Whether or not it suppresses hunger, for me it’s helping reshape how I relate to food.
 
WYSiWYG said:

I’ve had a comparable experience — 13 weeks in now, at 3mg/week (I just increased from 2).

While on Semaglutide, I felt no urge to eat at all: no appetite, no cravings. I stayed on Sema for only a few months because I felt awful — meeting any macro goal turned into a brutal grind.

With reta, what I value is that the constant food chatter, cravings, and old bad patterns have gone quiet. I do get slightly hungry sometimes, but in those moments I can choose better instead of loitering in the pantry snacking while I figure out what I actually want to eat 🙂. Whether or not it suppresses hunger, for me it’s helping reshape how I relate to food.
Same here. Having used both Semaglutide and Tirzipitide, each of which killed my appetite entirely, I find Reta does an impressive job of letting me hit my macros while still taking pleasure in modest servings of wholesome food. Initially I felt it ought to suppress everything more strongly, yet within the month I realized it was giving me something more valuable: a better relationship with eating.
 
Been on .5 for the past 3 weeks. Guess I'm just sensitive to it. Might bump it to 1mg when the next dose comes around. (6 5" 230)
 
Back
Top