How fragile are peptides, really?

Fostradamus

Explorer
Joined
Mar 13, 2026
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
I keep coming across claims that peptides need gentle handling—things like letting the bac water trickle down the vial wall during reconstitution and avoiding any shaking.

So the other day I got some fairly thick reconstitution needles, and when I used one on a vial of GLOW, the vacuum pulled the bac water in extremely quickly and it foamed up a little. There was nothing slow or controlled about how it went in.

Now the GLOW solution is completely clear and matches the look of the vial I had before. Still, I'm worried I may have wrecked the peptides and made them useless.

Which brings me to the question in the title: how delicate are peptides actually, and what are the odds I've ruined this vial?
 
When it comes to routine use, mixing, or drawing from most of them, they're actually quite tough — particularly in their pre-reconstitution state. You can send the bac water right in and give it a good shake without any genuine issue. What they are sensitive to is other factors, such as UV light, repeated sharp temperature swings, or freezing once reconstituted (this varies by peptide).

Naturally, you still want to be careful so you don't accidentally send the vial flying across the room, but from what I've observed, the worst you're likely to cause is a mere 1-2% degradation.

There are videos out there of janoshik vigorously shaking vials to mix them, and since he's the reference point for testing, if he does it, you can too.
 
bbbilly said:

When it comes to routine use, mixing, or drawing from most of them, they're actually quite tough — particularly in their pre-reconstitution state. You can send the bac water right in and give it a good shake without any genuine issue. What they are sensitive to is other factors, such as UV light, repeated sharp temperature swings, or freezing once reconstituted (this varies by peptide).

Naturally, you still want to be careful so you don't accidentally send the vial flying across the room, but from what I've observed, the worst you're likely to cause is a mere 1-2% degradation.

There are videos out there of janoshik vigorously shaking vials to mix them, and since he's the reference point for testing, if he does it, you can too.
I really appreciate you getting back to me and calming my worries.
 
Back
Top