How does Reta's effect change the way you talk with women?

casprow

Explorer
Joined
Apr 12, 2026
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
have you come across any of these effects that get mentioned so often online, like reta stopped me from wanting to talk to women anymore, or reta made me hate the feeling you get from doing ***, and the biggest one of all, that it wrecks the relationship.

is any of that actually true? i'm on week 5 with 2mg of reta
 
My RS finds that drinking has become quite off-putting ever since starting this. RS has been in a long-term relationship, and there hasn't been any change to that relationship. What you're describing comes down to the way reta acts on the dopamine reward system. I've come across reports of it even helping with OCD symptoms and other conditions, though anhedonia can appear at higher doses. The reassuring part is that this is temporary, and the RS will bounce back if the research is halted because it turns into a problem.
 
I think what you're talking about is that study that came out not long ago, the one about GLP's — Reta included — and how they might dull the dopamine pathways.

From what I could tell, there was some decent science behind it, though my brain isn't exactly well-versed in this stuff.

That said, I did have moments where stuff felt 'less enjoyable' — and I don't just mean food, other things too. It was mild, though. This was a few months before that study came out, and it never hit me in a way that stood out enough to really register.

What's way more fascinating to me is how the dopamine pathway dulling lines up with what's being seen in people dealing with addictions — gambling, alcohol, that kind of thing. That part really grabs my attention!

Now, about all that social media nonsense claiming 'it made me hate my girlfriend' — that's complete garbage. Does it take the edge off feelings a little? The science points that way. But if all of a sudden you can't stand your partner, something else is at play there. Just my 2 cents, obviously.
 
I'm also interested in hearing how anhedonia has shown up for other people, since I've noticed some shifts myself. Whether I'd label it as pleasure getting dulled, I'm not sure—but compared to 6 months ago, I'm far less driven, less of a people pleaser, and less of a perfectionist. In my marriage this hasn't caused problems, since my husband is easygoing and never agreed with how harshly I judged myself.

At work, I've become a lot more forgiving toward myself (the deadlines I set for myself were always tighter than anything handed down to me), and I'm far more at ease letting projects slide down the list. I don't see myself as less productive, and it hasn't shown up as a performance problem, but I operate very autonomously in a behind-the-scenes kind of job where nothing gets flagged unless someone does something truly foolish or unsafe—so maybe any real difference simply hasn't been noticed yet.

When I think about what you mentioned regarding helping people with addictions, it hit me that I barely do any online shopping now. If that's anhedonia, then I'll gladly take it.
 
While on reta, my attention seems locked on what I want to achieve. Chasing pleasure no longer pulls me off track. Microbrewing beer and heavy IPAs have been a big passion of mine. For years, that was the weak spot I kept cutting. With Reta, the pull isn't even present... my brother messaged me, asking if I wanted to sample some wild beers he'd picked up. Staying disciplined was simple: ''no thanks you, i'm on a cut for the moment''.
 
Not sure whether reta plays any role here, but 5 weeks into it I've been feeling pretty down, isolated, and fixated on getting a gf — even though that never bothered me before I started reta. Before reta, which I began 5 weeks ago at 2 mg, I was totally dialed into my goals and saw a gf as nothing but a distraction. Now, like I said, it's the only thing on my mind (how to get or find a gf)

one more thing :

I also started 30mg of accutane 1 week before starting reta
 
casprow said:

have you come across any of these effects that get mentioned so often online, like reta stopped me from wanting to talk to women anymore, or reta made me hate the feeling you get from doing ***, and the biggest one of all, that it wrecks the relationship.

is any of that actually true? i'm on week 5 with 2mg of reta

That's a new one to me. Can't say it's happened in my case either. Then again, I'm taking other things too, and those have me eager to get busy with my wife… and her friends…

Relax, honey, I'm joking…

Although……… who knows?
 
casprow said:

have you come across any of these effects that get mentioned so often online, like reta stopped me from wanting to talk to women anymore, or reta made me hate the feeling you get from doing ***, and the biggest one of all, that it wrecks the relationship.

is any of that actually true? i'm on week 5 with 2mg of reta
Yeah, that's accurate. It can strip away your interest in pretty much anything — working out, sex, all of it. From what I gather, the cause is a dopamine crash. I've now been off Reta for 2 weeks and I'm feeling somewhat improved. For the first 2 months of use there was no impact on me, and then it kicked in. A lot of folks suggest stacking other peptides to offset it, so I'm researching that route and plan to give it another shot. There's also talk that a calorie deficit itself can bring on problems. The weight loss makes it worthwhile — if you begin to feel flat or your sex drive disappears, just quit, unless you're single, in which case it shouldn't matter. That said, not everyone reacts this way, so it's worth trying to see how it goes for you. Some report it made them feel like they were 20yrs again and gave their workouts a boost, so it varies from person to person!
 
Back
Top