How Do You Say These Names?

TooGood76

Explorer
Joined
Apr 21, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Alright, what's the right way to say all this?

Every time I've come across it, I've said "Reta true tide," but then I heard David Ricks (the Lilly CEO) in an interview, and he repeatedly says "ruh ta trutide."

Does everyone agree on one pronunciation? Getting the Chinese peptide right really matters to me

After all, I'm the one sticking it into my own body lmao
 
Out of all the ways I've come across, the first one you listed is the only pronunciation I've ever encountered. Reta is what most folks call it, and it's likely what the majority of people saying this name use.
 
If we go by presumption, David would be the most accurate. But when everyone is taken together, he is the least accurate.
 
woundcarping said:

If we go by presumption, David would be the most accurate. But when everyone is taken together, he is the least accurate.
Though perhaps that's simply for show? I'd like to find out how the researchers refer to it.
 
TooGood76 said:

woundcarping said:

If we go by presumption, David would be the most accurate. But when everyone is taken together, he is the least accurate.
Though perhaps that's simply for show? I'd like to find out how the researchers refer to it.

Do you mean the researchers on his payroll?

Other than the press release and the online chatter about how to say it, I've never come across anyone who says it the way David does.
 
woundcarping said:

TooGood76 said:

woundcarping said:

If we go by presumption, David would be the most accurate. But when everyone is taken together, he is the least accurate.
Though perhaps that's simply for show? I'd like to find out how the researchers refer to it.

Do you mean the researchers on his payroll?

Other than the press release and the online chatter about how to say it, I've never come across anyone who says it the way David does.
Yeah, the people who are really studying the medication itself—what way are they saying it? Sure, they work for Lilly, but that doesn’t guarantee they all say it identically. I get that this has no practical importance whatsoever, yet it’s going to keep nagging at me.
 
There's no way that guy actually knows the pronunciation—I'm not buying it. He has to be just parroting someone else or something🤪
 
TooGood76 said:

Alright, what's the right way to say all this?

Every time I've come across it, I've said "Reta true tide," but then I heard David Ricks (the Lilly CEO) in an interview, and he repeatedly says "ruh ta trutide."

Does everyone agree on one pronunciation? Getting the Chinese peptide right really matters to me

After all, I'm the one sticking it into my own body lmao
I'll say ret-a-true-tide, no matter what. Big pharma's way of saying it doesn't matter to me at all. Same goes if it's approved and ads start saying it another way. I still won't care one bit.
 
Even if he's the face of the company behind the peptide, that doesn't automatically make his pronunciation right. When it comes to .gif, do you go with (jiff) or (giff)?
 
Back
Top