How do you measure a tiny dose?

GrandmaJ

Explorer
Joined
Jan 29, 2026
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Location
Napa2Oahu
Small doses — how is everyone handling them? A 30mg KPV arrived for me just now, where I normally get 10mg. Only now am I working out that 3ml of bac water added gives a dose of just 5 units, which is incredibly hard to measure accurately. A pen was the plan, but 3 different ones I have were tested and at that low of a dose none of them stays super constant. Above .500 is more than I want, but much less isn't wanted either. Any suggestions? The pens in question are a VA, Novo 4 and a Convi.
 
GrandmaJ said:

Small doses — how is everyone handling them? A 30mg KPV arrived for me just now, where I normally get 10mg. Only now am I working out that 3ml of bac water added gives a dose of just 5 units, which is incredibly hard to measure accurately. A pen was the plan, but 3 different ones I have were tested and at that low of a dose none of them stays super constant. Above .500 is more than I want, but much less isn't wanted either. Any suggestions? The pens in question are a VA, Novo 4 and a Convi.

With that user name of yours, visual acidity being the issue seems possible. Would readers and a decent light source help?

In a .30ml syringe, .05ml is no big deal to measure, that's 16.6% of the capacity. (Something I take is 5 units of it 2x weekly).





df0a25e7ecc203ce126390c1e72f57570e9a317877cc64578e26c884da123909.webp
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Why not use more bac when reconstituting? Then aliquot it into a 5ml or 10ml vial.

Simplest solution there is. Thanks! Some 1/3 ml syringes have just been ordered as well. Trusting a pen with an amount that small may just not be sensible.
 
GrandmaJ said:

HereKittyKitty said:

Why not use more bac when reconstituting? Then aliquot it into a 5ml or 10ml vial.

Simplest solution there is. Thanks! Some 1/3 ml syringes have just been ordered as well. Trusting a pen with an amount that small may just not be sensible.
Pens are a mystery to me. For small doses .3ml insulin syringes are what I use. Good luck!
 
Back
Top