JoonyO
Explorer
That's a generous attitude. Plenty of folks keep their lucky breaks to themselves.randompersonrandom said:
Another angle worth thinking about, in case it helps--some folks are reacting to my body, and that's what's driving their reaction. For me that's okay, and I realize it would not be okay for plenty of others, which is also okay.
Still, my sense is that when most people react, what they're really reacting to is my amazing luck rather than my body as such. The reason is that the majority of us carry extra weight, nearly everyone is fighting not to, only a handful of us manage it, and watching me move through life doing it without suffering or extreme effort makes people react because [[Q1]]
That shift makes me more willing to stay patient while they ask their questions, since their reactions are really about them, not about me. If I had actually come across a wishing well and I was sure it was reliable and safe, naturally I would share with people I care about where I found it and what I tossed in to make my wish come true.
Back when I'd go after trout at the north end of Lake Merced, some anglers returning with big ones would share their spot and bait, though the majority kept quiet. Me? I'd point out the location and even demonstrate my rig. I named it The Triple Decker. Leader of 8" or a foot and a half, with a 1/2 or 3/4 ounce sliding sinker. Thread roughly 1&1/2" of worm tail onto the hook and up the line, then put on a mini marshmallow (my buddy's kid Joey used to call them "marshlullens" and I still crack up