How do you bring up peptides with your family?

dazedconfused_

Explorer
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
Hey everyone,

My mom recently underwent hip surgery, and on top of that she deals with a lot of arthritis in her knee. I genuinely believe a recovery protocol could help her, but I have no idea how to introduce the topic.

To anyone who has suggested peps to their parents or to friends who aren't into "biohacking":

What was your opening move? Did you lean on the science, or did you emphasize the results and benefits? Basically... how do you even do it? 😅

My mom does trust me, and she's open to suggestions about supplements and diet changes. Peps feel like a different beast, though. She's not going to go research this on her own, so how do I navigate the risk vs. reward discussion without either terrifying her about side effects or coming across as irresponsible?

Thanks!
 
Wishing your Mom a fast and full recovery.

My partner knows about them. I began by telling him what I intended to do. He asks questions. We discuss it. There may be something that could help him with inflammation, which he is beginning to address by changing his diet.

With a parent, I imagine the approach would be different. Still, I don't know what I would tell my own parent.
 
Within my circle, there’s a split. My husband is one example of someone who, for psychological reasons, simply can’t or won’t shift away from conventional medicine.

Then there are the friends and relatives who are far more curious—maybe even a little bolder—and they’re actively exploring peps.

No matter how clearly my husband witnesses what I’m gaining from them, he refuses to inject himself. That said, he avoids regular doctors and is healthy as a horse... yet even at 65, he doesn’t believe he needs anything preventative.

My advice: don’t dance around it. Tell her plainly about BPC and TB, or whatever else you have in mind, and maybe support it with science plus anecdotal evidence. In the end, though, if she’s shut off to it, nothing will come of it—but at least you made the attempt.
 
I've leaned on FDA announcements as a way in. "Hey, I came across an FDA announcement and [peptide] was mentioned. I looked into it a bit and found it interesting—what's your take?" Lately there's been quite a lot of "newsworthy" stuff going on, and it's been talked about here on this forum.

That said, for me, raising something I've recently read during a conversation isn't out of the ordinary. If that's not something you typically do, it could give them a hint. Still, your intent is to help and it's rooted in caring, so I'd guess most people would see that—particularly your mom.
 
Everyone I'm close to, friends and relatives alike, is using peptides. The conversation typically kicks off along these lines: [[Q1]] My dentist has even started asking me about peptides.
 
I began with prescription Ozempic for my GLP-1 journey. It did the job reasonably well, though I felt somewhat nauseated, and I grew fed up with the constant hunt for supply and the sky-high co-pays. So I switched to gray and started that instead, which made my RN wife tell me I had lost my mind. Once I had dropped roughly 50 lbs and the arthritis in my joints and back had largely cleared up, she out of nowhere told me she wanted to begin Trz "after Easter". That was the previous Easter, and as of now she has shed around 60 lbs.
 
Starting the conversation with GLP1s could make things smoother. Ozempic is something most people have heard of, even if they don't understand how it functions, so at minimum the idea of a peptide won't be completely foreign to them. These compounds also work through pathways that already exist inside us, and the goal is simply to boost how active those pathways are, which might come across as less intimidating. Pointing to the med spas in the US could help too, since it makes the whole thing seem more mainstream. I'm kind of writing this out to organize my own talking points as well, because I've got an order on the way that I'll need to keep in a shared freezer, and they might start wondering about the odd white powder lol
 
dazedconfused_ said:

Hey everyone,

My mom recently underwent hip surgery, and on top of that she deals with a lot of arthritis in her knee. I genuinely believe a recovery protocol could help her, but I have no idea how to introduce the topic.

To anyone who has suggested peps to their parents or to friends who aren't into "biohacking":

What was your opening move? Did you lean on the science, or did you emphasize the results and benefits? Basically... how do you even do it? 😅

My mom does trust me, and she's open to suggestions about supplements and diet changes. Peps feel like a different beast, though. She's not going to go research this on her own, so how do I navigate the risk vs. reward discussion without either terrifying her about side effects or coming across as irresponsible?

Thanks!
The majority of them assume it's just oils, haha. My wife discovered me on my first vial — she got furious and snapped my bac water as well. But as my progress gradually became visible and I showed her videos, she came around. Then ozempic, monjaro, and clinic ads made it click for her.

These days she injects alongside me, lol
 
Up to now, 2 people in my family plus 1 close friend have gotten into grey peptides because I pointed them that way. Still, in every case, they came to me first — this happened only once my results became so obvious that they couldn't look past them.
 
My mom has arthritis in her knee, and she's really enthusiastic about the Wolverine stack. I figure that mentioning a possible upside for them could be a solid way to begin.
 
I don't share this with my family. The reason is that I'm taking it to offset weight gain caused by medication, and I'd rather they didn't know about that.
 
i’ve been trying to gauge how people feel by mentioning that i’m on some forums, this one included, and sharing anecdotes about others.

"a guy on there said he stocked up on tirz for 20 years, that’s wild, right?!?"

"someone said they’re on X amount of semi!! wouldn’t just Y amount make you really sick? picture taking that much"

"some folks don’t even test their stuff! they just put faith in some guy called cherry from china, i couldn’t do that!"

then i watch their reactions to these stories to judge whether it’s even worth trying to get into any details with them lol
 
bbbilly said:

i’ve been trying to gauge how people feel by mentioning that i’m on some forums, this one included, and sharing anecdotes about others.

"a guy on there said he stocked up on tirz for 20 years, that’s wild, right?!?"

"someone said they’re on X amount of semi!! wouldn’t just Y amount make you really sick? picture taking that much"

"some folks don’t even test their stuff! they just put faith in some guy called cherry from china, i couldn’t do that!"

then i watch their reactions to these stories to judge whether it’s even worth trying to get into any details with them lol
Haha, that's a method I can get behind! Sounds like a solid way to go about it.
 
For relatives who read, Dr. Seeds’ books are what I’d point them to. The peptide protocols in particular — having “written by an MD” on the cover gives it a legitimacy they respond to.

Beyond that, I pass along National Institute of Health articles covering the studies and trials currently underway.

Once your family starts showing curiosity, you can gradually introduce them to how the grey market is accessed.
 
dazedconfused_ said:

Hey everyone,

My mom recently underwent hip surgery, and on top of that she deals with a lot of arthritis in her knee. I genuinely believe a recovery protocol could help her, but I have no idea how to introduce the topic.

To anyone who has suggested peps to their parents or to friends who aren't into "biohacking":

What was your opening move? Did you lean on the science, or did you emphasize the results and benefits? Basically... how do you even do it? 😅

My mom does trust me, and she's open to suggestions about supplements and diet changes. Peps feel like a different beast, though. She's not going to go research this on her own, so how do I navigate the risk vs. reward discussion without either terrifying her about side effects or coming across as irresponsible?

Thanks!
Man, I'm not saying you should copy my approach — I'm just laying out what I actually did.

I went through all the material: reading, videos, podcasts. Once I'd decided this was something I wanted to pursue, I informed my mum, "I'm doing this". That set off her worried pushback, and I shot down every single argument — since I'd been soaking up content for months — with such certainty and speed that she basically ended up asking me to guide her through it.

Your point is exactly right; they won't look into it themselves, but they have faith in you. Handle her as you would a child (just in this one area), and it'll work out perfectly.
 
With the handful of people I felt like opening up to, my approach was simply: "look into peptides, then tell me your take." Since then, 1 of them hasn't mentioned it even once, while another replied "I'm on some already." lol
 
I get what you mean. Doing research herself might not appeal to her, but what about spending a bit of time on forums, or even Reddit? This place has so much encouraging back-and-forth, and she could go through people's experiences or check out before/after photos to see how it's benefiting others. For me, that's made a big difference in feeling like I'm part of a group of people who are getting healthier with peptides
 
Back
Top