How do I break the news to my family that I'm going gray?

JohannesSweden77

Explorer
Joined
Jun 15, 2026
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Location
Sweden
I've been using Tirz for some time, and my family has backed me the whole way. Recently, though, I told them I was stopping due to the expense. Then I came across this forum, and now the situation may be different — I might not have to stop after all. The problem is, how do I explain this to them? Has anyone been through something similar?
 
Strictly speaking, your treatment isn't ending—you're only switching where you get it from 😉

I went through the same situation roughly 6 months back. My wife had serious doubts at the start, but that has never held me back previously, so that's where we stand now.
 
"Good news — I came across somewhere to buy my medication at a far lower price, so stopping isn't necessary anymore."

That's all there is to say.
 
Other than a spouse, there's no need to go into detail or inform anyone. Whether to tell them or keep it to yourself is entirely your decision.
 
You're stepping into a pretty big group, and there's a lot of support here for you. What's the point of bringing it up at all? Let some time pass, and once they notice how good your results are, they may bring it up themselves....that's when you answer, with clear evidence that nothing's wrong. 😉

It's also possible you'll find it tough to stay quiet about it, but be ready for pushback from people who don't see it the same way.

Wishing you the best as you move forward!
 
Go ahead and do it, then let them know once it's done. These days my whole family is on grey 😄
 
That kind of worry isn't mine. I make my own calls and get on with it. Whatever anyone says rolls straight off me — nobody's spending energy on that.
 
WLBLD said:

Other than a spouse, there's no need to go into detail or inform anyone. Whether to tell them or keep it to yourself is entirely your decision.

On the question of who deserves to know, I'm with you that no one is entitled to an explanation from you. That said, sitting down with your spouse about it seems like the smart move.

When it comes to actually saying it:

I'd frame it as having gotten lucky and stumbled on a forum. That forum has more than 60k members, plus probably 100k + guests, and it puts education and harm mitigation front and center.

Through that forum I picked up how to test and verify efficacy and safety scientifically, at a price point that put the medication within reach. For my overall health, I figure the reward far outweighs the risk, which makes it a smart choice in my book.
 
BBA1969 said:

Strictly speaking, your treatment isn't ending—you're only switching where you get it from 😉

I went through the same situation roughly 6 months back. My wife had serious doubts at the start, but that has never held me back previously, so that's where we stand now.
Oh right, I never mentioned it — my girlfriend is already in the loop. Her only concern is that it's being cooked in China.

Yeah, it's simply a switch of suppliers: from big pharma over to gray vendors.
 
bk0004 said:

"Good news — I came across somewhere to buy my medication at a far lower price, so stopping isn't necessary anymore."

That's all there is to say.
I'm hoping that wraps things up.

texmexpep said:

You're stepping into a pretty big group, and there's a lot of support here for you. What's the point of bringing it up at all? Let some time pass, and once they notice how good your results are, they may bring it up themselves....that's when you answer, with clear evidence that nothing's wrong. 😉

It's also possible you'll find it tough to stay quiet about it, but be ready for pushback from people who don't see it the same way.

Wishing you the best as you move forward!
Thanks. That's exactly how I feel.

Skidude said:

WLBLD said:

Other than a spouse, there's no need to go into detail or inform anyone. Whether to tell them or keep it to yourself is entirely your decision.

On the question of who deserves to know, I'm with you that no one is entitled to an explanation from you. That said, sitting down with your spouse about it seems like the smart move.

When it comes to actually saying it:

I'd frame it as having gotten lucky and stumbled on a forum. That forum has more than 60k members, plus probably 100k + guests, and it puts education and harm mitigation front and center.

Through that forum I picked up how to test and verify efficacy and safety scientifically, at a price point that put the medication within reach. For my overall health, I figure the reward far outweighs the risk, which makes it a smart choice in my book.
Really lucky, no doubt. This community is great—there's no way I could manage without it.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

BBA1969 said:

Strictly speaking, your treatment isn't ending—you're only switching where you get it from 😉

I went through the same situation roughly 6 months back. My wife had serious doubts at the start, but that has never held me back previously, so that's where we stand now.
Oh right, I never mentioned it — my girlfriend is already in the loop. Her only concern is that it's being cooked in China.

Yeah, it's simply a switch of suppliers: from big pharma over to gray vendors.
China shouldn't be written off. You've landed in a good spot. If you take your time, go through vendor reviews and threads, your decisions will turn out well too. Picking a vendor is something only you can do. Still, you're free to ask anything about how to use it, share your worries (not the family ones 🤣), and you'll come away well informed for sure. I had assumed people in Sweden were far more open minded than this? There's nothing wrong with getting the same benefits at a much better price, and here you'll pick up far more than your doctor would ever share.
 
I keep everything to myself. Our oldest is aware that Reta is what we use, since he was the one who introduced us to it. When friends wonder why we've dropped so much weight, my answer is simply that we eat low carb. If anyone pushes further, losing 2lbs a week is a fair point to bring up.
 
Back
Top