How can you verify whether COAs are legitimate?

Randyfrog90

Explorer
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Baxter Tennessee
Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
 
Precisely. That is exactly why a CoA handed over by the seller should always count as 100% worthless, and not be worth a single minute of attention. Identical logic applies to paperwork from strangers who claim to be buyers.

Lean instead on group testing run by third parties through well-run organisations, and then send your own batch off. Vendors who won't hold a disciplined line on batches and batch numbers shouldn't even be on your list.

Look into reputable group buy outfits... hard to locate when you're new. As a rule they place custom batch runs and handle their own testing, usually using samples volunteered at random by customers
 
Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
A trustworthy vendor won’t just send a screenshot. Instead, they’ll give you a link to a COA that’s hosted on Janoshik’s website.
 
Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
A trustworthy vendor won’t just send a screenshot. Instead, they’ll give you a link to a COA that’s hosted on Janoshik’s website.
Nope. Trustworthy sellers won't hand over CoAs, since savvy customers realize those sellers could have given Janoshik an unrepresentative sample, or hidden links to unfavorable findings.
 
Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
Most reputable testing companies offer a method to confirm a COA is real. Janoshik, for instance, relies on a task number plus a unique key so every COA can be checked.

That said, whether the product you receive matches what the COA describes is a separate matter. The most reliable way to guarantee that is to generate your own COA.
 
Eventually, nothing feels trustworthy — even results from a testing group — since everything hinges on details like cap color and batch number.
 
indolent said:

Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
A trustworthy vendor won’t just send a screenshot. Instead, they’ll give you a link to a COA that’s hosted on Janoshik’s website.
Nope. Trustworthy sellers won't hand over CoAs, since savvy customers realize those sellers could have given Janoshik an unrepresentative sample, or hidden links to unfavorable findings.
The original poster worried that screenshots taken from a different vendor might be passed off as proof of what that vendor actually sells. Even so, when a COA can be found on the lab’s own site, that counts as progress.

Testing your own supply is still something people should do, just as you mentioned. That said, nearly every ‘reliable’ vendor I’ve come across hands out their own COAs anyway. Unless you happen to know some truly exceptional ones!
 
Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
A trustworthy vendor won’t just send a screenshot. Instead, they’ll give you a link to a COA that’s hosted on Janoshik’s website.
That’s really useful information.
 
Lear00 said:

indolent said:

Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
A trustworthy vendor won’t just send a screenshot. Instead, they’ll give you a link to a COA that’s hosted on Janoshik’s website.
Nope. Trustworthy sellers won't hand over CoAs, since savvy customers realize those sellers could have given Janoshik an unrepresentative sample, or hidden links to unfavorable findings.
The original poster worried that screenshots taken from a different vendor might be passed off as proof of what that vendor actually sells. Even so, when a COA can be found on the lab’s own site, that counts as progress.

Testing your own supply is still something people should do, just as you mentioned. That said, nearly every ‘reliable’ vendor I’ve come across hands out their own COAs anyway. Unless you happen to know some truly exceptional ones!
Since I'm new to this, I'm wary across the board and struggle to put faith in anyone.

Take a site that displays COAs. Is that even meaningful? Especially if those tests date back to 10/25?
 
Randyfrog90 said:

Lear00 said:

indolent said:

Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
A trustworthy vendor won’t just send a screenshot. Instead, they’ll give you a link to a COA that’s hosted on Janoshik’s website.
Nope. Trustworthy sellers won't hand over CoAs, since savvy customers realize those sellers could have given Janoshik an unrepresentative sample, or hidden links to unfavorable findings.
The original poster worried that screenshots taken from a different vendor might be passed off as proof of what that vendor actually sells. Even so, when a COA can be found on the lab’s own site, that counts as progress.

Testing your own supply is still something people should do, just as you mentioned. That said, nearly every ‘reliable’ vendor I’ve come across hands out their own COAs anyway. Unless you happen to know some truly exceptional ones!
Since I'm new to this, I'm wary across the board and struggle to put faith in anyone.

Take a site that displays COAs. Is that even meaningful? Especially if those tests date back to 10/25?
Honestly, being wary of trusting anyone is a sensible mindset to keep.

Speaking from my own experience — I only started using grey in the last few months — what I'd suggest is spending a lot of time reading vendor reviews across this site's forum, then hopping into the Discord servers of the ones that come up often, so you can talk with actual users of that product and check whether they've run any group tests before.

Everyone loves to chant 'test every single thing you use!1!' but the reality is that arranging your own test isn't simple or cheap, and tracking down a group test that happens to be running right when you're buying, on the exact batch you might end up with, is just as hard.

So unless you're prepared to hold off for several months, eventually you just have to commit to a vendor who has earned real positive feedback on this website, has been established for a while, may have had group tests on earlier batches, and appears to have satisfied repeat buyers in their Discord/Telegram.
 
Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Lear00 said:

indolent said:

Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
A trustworthy vendor won’t just send a screenshot. Instead, they’ll give you a link to a COA that’s hosted on Janoshik’s website.
Nope. Trustworthy sellers won't hand over CoAs, since savvy customers realize those sellers could have given Janoshik an unrepresentative sample, or hidden links to unfavorable findings.
The original poster worried that screenshots taken from a different vendor might be passed off as proof of what that vendor actually sells. Even so, when a COA can be found on the lab’s own site, that counts as progress.

Testing your own supply is still something people should do, just as you mentioned. That said, nearly every ‘reliable’ vendor I’ve come across hands out their own COAs anyway. Unless you happen to know some truly exceptional ones!
Since I'm new to this, I'm wary across the board and struggle to put faith in anyone.

Take a site that displays COAs. Is that even meaningful? Especially if those tests date back to 10/25?
Honestly, being wary of trusting anyone is a sensible mindset to keep.

Speaking from my own experience — I only started using grey in the last few months — what I'd suggest is spending a lot of time reading vendor reviews across this site's forum, then hopping into the Discord servers of the ones that come up often, so you can talk with actual users of that product and check whether they've run any group tests before.

Everyone loves to chant 'test every single thing you use!1!' but the reality is that arranging your own test isn't simple or cheap, and tracking down a group test that happens to be running right when you're buying, on the exact batch you might end up with, is just as hard.

So unless you're prepared to hold off for several months, eventually you just have to commit to a vendor who has earned real positive feedback on this website, has been established for a while, may have had group tests on earlier batches, and appears to have satisfied repeat buyers in their Discord/Telegram.
The fact that paying to have your own peptides analyzed doesn't make financial sense is exactly the corner I'm stuck in. The price is just too high. And beyond that, as I mentioned in a different thread, I'm trying to locate a US-based seller I can buy from who isn't constantly out of stock, since my very first order got held up by customs. Getting going is simply so hard, and it feels like some kind of issue is bound to hit you no matter which route you take.
 
Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Lear00 said:

indolent said:

Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
A trustworthy vendor won’t just send a screenshot. Instead, they’ll give you a link to a COA that’s hosted on Janoshik’s website.
Nope. Trustworthy sellers won't hand over CoAs, since savvy customers realize those sellers could have given Janoshik an unrepresentative sample, or hidden links to unfavorable findings.
The original poster worried that screenshots taken from a different vendor might be passed off as proof of what that vendor actually sells. Even so, when a COA can be found on the lab’s own site, that counts as progress.

Testing your own supply is still something people should do, just as you mentioned. That said, nearly every ‘reliable’ vendor I’ve come across hands out their own COAs anyway. Unless you happen to know some truly exceptional ones!
Since I'm new to this, I'm wary across the board and struggle to put faith in anyone.

Take a site that displays COAs. Is that even meaningful? Especially if those tests date back to 10/25?
Honestly, being wary of trusting anyone is a sensible mindset to keep.

Speaking from my own experience — I only started using grey in the last few months — what I'd suggest is spending a lot of time reading vendor reviews across this site's forum, then hopping into the Discord servers of the ones that come up often, so you can talk with actual users of that product and check whether they've run any group tests before.

Everyone loves to chant 'test every single thing you use!1!' but the reality is that arranging your own test isn't simple or cheap, and tracking down a group test that happens to be running right when you're buying, on the exact batch you might end up with, is just as hard.

So unless you're prepared to hold off for several months, eventually you just have to commit to a vendor who has earned real positive feedback on this website, has been established for a while, may have had group tests on earlier batches, and appears to have satisfied repeat buyers in their Discord/Telegram.
I went that route with ERP and was a big fan, right up until I saw them fall apart both here and on telegram (their own telegram is full of ERP shenanigans too), so these days I steer clear of them.

Airborne Daddy's line would be "Hey, how come your COA's are always 1000 years old motherfuckers?" and they'd have nothing to say back. Back then it didn't get to me, but the deeper I go into this gray space, the more it does.
 
Randyfrog90 said:

Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Lear00 said:

indolent said:

Lear00 said:

Randyfrog90 said:

Exactly what the title asks. A handful of suppliers I’ve found aren’t approved by the group I normally use for research. Most of them do provide some COAs, yet to be honest it seems like they might simply take a screenshot of another person’s COA for the same item and present it as their own. Other than mailing a sample out and having it tested on my own, what method lets you be certain about what you’re actually receiving?
A trustworthy vendor won’t just send a screenshot. Instead, they’ll give you a link to a COA that’s hosted on Janoshik’s website.
Nope. Trustworthy sellers won't hand over CoAs, since savvy customers realize those sellers could have given Janoshik an unrepresentative sample, or hidden links to unfavorable findings.
The original poster worried that screenshots taken from a different vendor might be passed off as proof of what that vendor actually sells. Even so, when a COA can be found on the lab’s own site, that counts as progress.

Testing your own supply is still something people should do, just as you mentioned. That said, nearly every ‘reliable’ vendor I’ve come across hands out their own COAs anyway. Unless you happen to know some truly exceptional ones!
Since I'm new to this, I'm wary across the board and struggle to put faith in anyone.

Take a site that displays COAs. Is that even meaningful? Especially if those tests date back to 10/25?
Honestly, being wary of trusting anyone is a sensible mindset to keep.

Speaking from my own experience — I only started using grey in the last few months — what I'd suggest is spending a lot of time reading vendor reviews across this site's forum, then hopping into the Discord servers of the ones that come up often, so you can talk with actual users of that product and check whether they've run any group tests before.

Everyone loves to chant 'test every single thing you use!1!' but the reality is that arranging your own test isn't simple or cheap, and tracking down a group test that happens to be running right when you're buying, on the exact batch you might end up with, is just as hard.

So unless you're prepared to hold off for several months, eventually you just have to commit to a vendor who has earned real positive feedback on this website, has been established for a while, may have had group tests on earlier batches, and appears to have satisfied repeat buyers in their Discord/Telegram.
The fact that paying to have your own peptides analyzed doesn't make financial sense is exactly the corner I'm stuck in. The price is just too high. And beyond that, as I mentioned in a different thread, I'm trying to locate a US-based seller I can buy from who isn't constantly out of stock, since my very first order got held up by customs. Getting going is simply so hard, and it feels like some kind of issue is bound to hit you no matter which route you take.
Testing a single vial out of a kit gives you no reliable information about the remaining 9 vials in that kit. If a COA shown on the testing site's own website can't be trusted, then nothing can be trusted. Fake discords exist too.....
 
Every foreign product that arrives, I start from a position of distrust.

To deal with sterilization concerns, I run it through a filter, and then I use an acrodisc as a second filter to handle endotoxins. Sure, running each product through 2 filtrations costs me some mg's, but since I'm usually the only one requesting testing — or even willing to chip in for group tests — on most of the kits I buy, I just cross my fingers and hope nothing terrible occurs. 🤣 If a vendor shows me recent COA's with solid purity and compound amount, that tends to satisfy me.... That is, until I catch wind of something wild like Uther's unsafe endotoxin levels, ERP's poor customer service, JEEP's sterility problems, and so on...
 
dancs said:

Every foreign product that arrives, I start from a position of distrust.

To deal with sterilization concerns, I run it through a filter, and then I use an acrodisc as a second filter to handle endotoxins. Sure, running each product through 2 filtrations costs me some mg's, but since I'm usually the only one requesting testing — or even willing to chip in for group tests — on most of the kits I buy, I just cross my fingers and hope nothing terrible occurs. 🤣 If a vendor shows me recent COA's with solid purity and compound amount, that tends to satisfy me.... That is, until I catch wind of something wild like Uther's unsafe endotoxin levels, ERP's poor customer service, JEEP's sterility problems, and so on...
Endotoxin filtration is something I hadn't come across before now. When I search Google, a few results come up, yet it's only the AI that mentions this being effective for peptides; would you be able to share some resources about it? Being able to include an endo filter would be great
 
jafarrr61020 said:

dancs said:

Every foreign product that arrives, I start from a position of distrust.

To deal with sterilization concerns, I run it through a filter, and then I use an acrodisc as a second filter to handle endotoxins. Sure, running each product through 2 filtrations costs me some mg's, but since I'm usually the only one requesting testing — or even willing to chip in for group tests — on most of the kits I buy, I just cross my fingers and hope nothing terrible occurs. 🤣 If a vendor shows me recent COA's with solid purity and compound amount, that tends to satisfy me.... That is, until I catch wind of something wild like Uther's unsafe endotoxin levels, ERP's poor customer service, JEEP's sterility problems, and so on...
Endotoxin filtration is something I hadn't come across before now. When I search Google, a few results come up, yet it's only the AI that mentions this being effective for peptides; would you be able to share some resources about it? Being able to include an endo filter would be great


https://www.vwr.com/us/en/product/7605181/acrodisc-units-with-mustang-e-membrane-cytiva-formerly-pall-lab?r=1


The official versions are quite pricey, though Amazon has alternatives (50 for $250). Their performance might not match, yet they're far superior to taking no action and simply crossing your fingers. 👀

Remember, filtration won't eliminate every one or even the bulk of them, but it will certainly provide some level of benefit!
 
dancs said:

jafarrr61020 said:

dancs said:

Every foreign product that arrives, I start from a position of distrust.

To deal with sterilization concerns, I run it through a filter, and then I use an acrodisc as a second filter to handle endotoxins. Sure, running each product through 2 filtrations costs me some mg's, but since I'm usually the only one requesting testing — or even willing to chip in for group tests — on most of the kits I buy, I just cross my fingers and hope nothing terrible occurs. 🤣 If a vendor shows me recent COA's with solid purity and compound amount, that tends to satisfy me.... That is, until I catch wind of something wild like Uther's unsafe endotoxin levels, ERP's poor customer service, JEEP's sterility problems, and so on...
Endotoxin filtration is something I hadn't come across before now. When I search Google, a few results come up, yet it's only the AI that mentions this being effective for peptides; would you be able to share some resources about it? Being able to include an endo filter would be great


https://www.vwr.com/us/en/product/7605181/acrodisc-units-with-mustang-e-membrane-cytiva-formerly-pall-lab?r=1


The official versions are quite pricey, though Amazon has alternatives (50 for $250). Their performance might not match, yet they're far superior to taking no action and simply crossing your fingers. 👀

Remember, filtration won't eliminate every one or even the bulk of them, but it will certainly provide some level of benefit!
Great, appreciate it! I'd be happy to run tests on every kit I have, and lately I'm always hunting for group testing opportunities, but covering COA plus endotoxin testing for everything out of pocket simply isn't feasible. If I'm going to pin regardless, this would serve as a solid way to reduce risk 🥲
 
jafarrr61020 said:

dancs said:

jafarrr61020 said:

dancs said:

Every foreign product that arrives, I start from a position of distrust.

To deal with sterilization concerns, I run it through a filter, and then I use an acrodisc as a second filter to handle endotoxins. Sure, running each product through 2 filtrations costs me some mg's, but since I'm usually the only one requesting testing — or even willing to chip in for group tests — on most of the kits I buy, I just cross my fingers and hope nothing terrible occurs. 🤣 If a vendor shows me recent COA's with solid purity and compound amount, that tends to satisfy me.... That is, until I catch wind of something wild like Uther's unsafe endotoxin levels, ERP's poor customer service, JEEP's sterility problems, and so on...
Endotoxin filtration is something I hadn't come across before now. When I search Google, a few results come up, yet it's only the AI that mentions this being effective for peptides; would you be able to share some resources about it? Being able to include an endo filter would be great


https://www.vwr.com/us/en/product/7605181/acrodisc-units-with-mustang-e-membrane-cytiva-formerly-pall-lab?r=1


The official versions are quite pricey, though Amazon has alternatives (50 for $250). Their performance might not match, yet they're far superior to taking no action and simply crossing your fingers. 👀

Remember, filtration won't eliminate every one or even the bulk of them, but it will certainly provide some level of benefit!
Great, appreciate it! I'd be happy to run tests on every kit I have, and lately I'm always hunting for group testing opportunities, but covering COA plus endotoxin testing for everything out of pocket simply isn't feasible. If I'm going to pin regardless, this would serve as a solid way to reduce risk 🥲
A plus for certain vendors—whether they run US warehouses or ship straight to buyers—is that their customers run tests and share the findings. That’s exactly how the endotoxin problems got attention, and how the SS-31 under dosing surfaced too. So it isn’t flawless, since the vendor does get tested regularly, but by the time the issue is spotted, it’s already somewhat behind.
 
Back
Top