How big a Reta kit — and can recon last in the fridge?

JCO79

Explorer
Joined
Apr 19, 2026
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Thinking ahead to how big a Reta kit to order next. Mine is for maintenance, and I've felt something off even my very first 1mg shot. Gaining isn't the goal — I just want eating to feel more ordinary, with less of the harsh restriction and long fasts. Ordering a larger kit would save cash, eat less freezer room, mean fewer reconstitutions, and cover me if the dose creeps up later. The catch is what I've read about reconstituted Reta not being freezer-friendly. Suppose I made up several vials under clean conditions with Hospira BAC, then left them in the fridge untouched for a few months — would the Reta break down much? My hunch is bacteria wouldn't be a problem under those conditions. Curious what others think.
 
If your dose is staying at 1mg and you have no plans to increase it, my suggestion would be 10mg kits mixed with 1ml BAC. That gives you 10 injections, which covers 10 weeks. In my view, using it over that span is fine. Should you intend to titrate upward, the situation changes entirely.
 
I gave an answer to this before, where I said a single freeze-thaw cycle typically leads to about a percent or 2 of degradation. Then I got corrected — someone told me that isn't right for reta, and that even 1 freeze-thaw cycle causes major degradation, over 10% though I don't know the precise figure. Most peptides aren't nearly that fragile.

Keeping it in the fridge is a smaller concern, but over a long stretch it raises the chance of bacterial or fungal growth.
 
I’ve come across quite a bit of advice saying that once peptides are reconstituted, they shouldn’t be used past 28 days. Personally, I’ve gone beyond that 28-day window, but the guidance still is to keep use within 28 days, and not to freeze peptides after reconstitution. As for peptides that haven’t been reconstituted, storage at -20 degrees is pretty much irrelevant.
 
But what's the point in doing that? Prepare a single vial each time — there's nothing to gain from mixing up a large batch, and it comes with a few possible drawbacks.
 
I wouldn't expect reconstituted reta to remain good past 2 months. At least not at "full" potency. For tirz, it stayed stable up to around day 60 in the fridge, but then fell to roughly 40% activity by day 113.

As for me, I've gone through a reta vial over 3 months before finishing it. When I mixed and began the following vial, the effect was clearly stronger.
 
JCO79 said:

Thinking ahead to how big a Reta kit to order next. Mine is for maintenance, and I've felt something off even my very first 1mg shot. Gaining isn't the goal — I just want eating to feel more ordinary, with less of the harsh restriction and long fasts. Ordering a larger kit would save cash, eat less freezer room, mean fewer reconstitutions, and cover me if the dose creeps up later. The catch is what I've read about reconstituted Reta not being freezer-friendly. Suppose I made up several vials under clean conditions with Hospira BAC, then left them in the fridge untouched for a few months — would the Reta break down much? My hunch is bacteria wouldn't be a problem under those conditions. Curious what others think.
Honestly, I don't get why you're making this so unnecessarily complicated. If your weekly pin is just 1mg and you have no plans to increase it, here's what I'd do: grab a kit or a few kits of the 5mg Reta, stick them in the freezer, and mix up 1 vial at a time. Once that vial is done, you just reconstitute the next one, and keep going like that...That's it.
 
Back
Top