Rather than spin up a fresh topic when this one is still warm, I figured I’d just add on here. Though if I had made a separate one, the title would have read:
GLUTATHIONE - a ginger’s personal account
AndyPanda’s write-ups and the wise pointers he shared on here some time ago got me moving. I picked up Chinese pharma kits in 600 and 1500 mg strengths. I studied up on how to reconstitute and dose. And I got the RS headspace ready for IM (back then, before test and cerebro pins, IM felt like a big deal; these days it’s <yawn> just another part of the routine.
For roughly a year now, I’ve been injecting 150 mg every day. I’m a male old enough for Medicare, very fair-skinned, and I have a healthy fear of what the sun can do to my quality of life—it can knock me out for days with brutal sunburn. So I’m cautious. Twice a year I see my dermatologist (melanoma is his specialty) for routine checks. He’s forever freezing something off with that can of liquid nitro!
I saw him just a couple of weeks back. He wanted to know if we’d made it to Florida this year—yes, 2 months total spread between January and early April—and then he told me “your skin looks great. I don’t see pale folks your age improving. What are you doing?” I gave him the straight answer. “Daily glutathione injections.” What he said next stunned me—“we love glutathione! Keep doing what you’re doing.” He also suggested high-dose Vitamin B3 (niacin)—apparently a recent study found a 30% drop in melanoma incidence among patients taking 300 mg of niacin.
That opened a second door: “well, I also inject 100 mg of NAD 3 times a week.” He looked taken aback for a second, then bounced back with “well, since B3 converts to NAD (the bioactive agent), I’d say you’re just cutting out the middleman!”
This marks only the second occasion a “mainstream” MD has been excited about my research. And honestly, it felt pretty darn empowering.
(Oh, and he couldn’t find anything to freeze, either. Lol)