How Are You Dosing MOTS-C?

Morgoth

Explorer
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Kentucky
I've been using MOTS-C for roughly six weeks now. During the first 3 weeks I noticed an increase in energy, but after that it faded. My current protocol is 1mg daily Monday through Friday, taking weekends off. I'm curious what dosing schedules others here are using.
 
I've been doing 1mg injections every day for roughly a month now. There may be a slight endurance improvement when I'm at the gym, though it's always been subtle rather than anything impressive. In another week or two, I plan to take a couple of weeks off. Whether I'll notice any change is something I'm curious to find out. As things stand, once my current stash runs out, I intend to stop using it.
 
1 mg is a pretty low amount. On a cycle, my typical protocol is 4-5 mg 3x per week. The energy and endurance benefits are great, though they don't last.
 
reta-stacker said:

I've been doing 1mg injections every day for roughly a month now. There may be a slight endurance improvement when I'm at the gym, though it's always been subtle rather than anything impressive. In another week or two, I plan to take a couple of weeks off. Whether I'll notice any change is something I'm curious to find out. As things stand, once my current stash runs out, I intend to stop using it.
Did you run SS31 first? I skipped it, since opinion seemed split down the middle on whether it was necessary, and that was back before I found real grey market vendors and was paying 4 times what I pay now.
 
Right now I'm dosing 5mg three times per week. There might be an energy boost I'm picking up on, though it's tough to tell for certain.

One thing that's definite: my appetite goes up on it, and last week I got really light headed. My guess is my blood sugar crashed hard. Because of that, on the days I inject the MOTS-c, I've had to move my first meal way earlier than my normal noon slot.
 
1mg is on the low end. Right now I take 10mg each week, split across Mon, Wed and Fri. I do notice more energy, though I should mention I ran a cycle of SS-31 first, before I ever began Mots-C.
 
Morgoth said:

Did you run SS31 first? I skipped it, since opinion seemed split down the middle on whether it was necessary, and that was back before I found real grey market vendors and was paying 4 times what I pay now.
Yeah, my SS run lasted a bit more than 2 weeks. For a few days I had both SS and MOTS going at once, and once the SS vial ran out I stopped it. After that it's been MOTS only - I dose it nearly every day, right before I leave for the gym.
 
Chili777 said:

1 mg is a pretty low amount. On a cycle, my typical protocol is 4-5 mg 3x per week. The energy and endurance benefits are great, though they don't last.
What's your usual cycle look like?
 
reta-stacker said:

Yeah, my SS run lasted a bit more than 2 weeks. For a few days I had both SS and MOTS going at once, and once the SS vial ran out I stopped it. After that it's been MOTS only - I dose it nearly every day, right before I leave for the gym.
What was your ss31 dosage, and how frequently did you take it?
 
I take 2.5mg on alternating days. It seems to give me a bit more energy, though nothing dramatic. Still, it's enough of a boost that I keep using it.
 
Morgoth said:

What's your usual cycle look like?
Typically MWF, run for 2-3 weeks. The mitochondrial protocol is something I've already completed, and I repeat it twice per year. Beyond that, I'll reach for it now and then when the Reta blahs hit and I need a boost.
 
5mg 2-3x/week and 5A 5mg 5x/week. Honestly, I can't tell whether it has done anything for my energy. What I was really after were the metabolic perks and the fat cell shrinking that our rodent friends got with 5A. Who knows.
 
jpru2001 said:

5mg 2-3x/week and 5A 5mg 5x/week. Honestly, I can't tell whether it has done anything for my energy. What I was really after were the metabolic perks and the fat cell shrinking that our rodent friends got with 5A. Who knows.
I gave 5Amino a shot, but all it did was leave me feeling wiped out, so I quit taking it once 3 weeks had passed.
 
I'm on 2mg of SS31 as well, 5 days on 2 days off. Nearly at the 12 week mark. Next week I'm going to start a Mots c cycle. The dosing advice I've come across for mots c has been all over the place.
 
One more factor worth keeping in mind, and perhaps you're already aware of it: it seems that peptides involved in mitochondrial repair and genesis tend to work better in older individuals, whose mitochondria have declined with age and no longer perform the way they did earlier in life. For younger people, there might be no benefit whatsoever, given that their mitochondria are probably already operating at full capacity. There could be additional situations (beyond aging) in which mitochondria stand to gain from the boost these peptides offer, though my grasp of the science isn't strong enough to say. On top of that, even among older users, the effects might not be especially obvious, because all of the repair happens beneath the surface.
 
reta-stacker said:

One more factor worth keeping in mind, and perhaps you're already aware of it: it seems that peptides involved in mitochondrial repair and genesis tend to work better in older individuals, whose mitochondria have declined with age and no longer perform the way they did earlier in life. For younger people, there might be no benefit whatsoever, given that their mitochondria are probably already operating at full capacity. There could be additional situations (beyond aging) in which mitochondria stand to gain from the boost these peptides offer, though my grasp of the science isn't strong enough to say. On top of that, even among older users, the effects might not be especially obvious, because all of the repair happens beneath the surface.
At 40, I guess that puts me in the older bracket, haha.
 
I want to be clear that I'm not knocking anyone here — I'm just sharing what I've seen. I'm a 54-year-old male who has trained at a high level for most of my life. The reason I mention that is simply to explain why I pay close attention to how my body reacts and performs; I've generally pushed it harder than I should have over the years. When I train this way-over-the-hill body of mine, which I've kept in shape, the difference with it versus without it is very obvious to me. If your training sessions aren't pushed hard (and I'm not claiming yours aren't), I doubt much would stand out, but the body's physical capacity definitely shifts.

On top of that, I've never run MOTS-c by itself. I "primed" with SS-31 first, and I was fortunate to get the dosing dialed in, because early on I never "felt" anything from it. My legs are constantly fatigued — day and night, always aching and stiff — most likely from overtraining, and SS-31 is the only thing that has ever taken that feeling away. Either way, I did that before I ever touched MOTS-c, so I can't say whether it plays any role in the response.
 
Back
Top