Hot mailbox and lyophilized tirzepatide?

saucerpants

Explorer
Joined
Jun 16, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Nevada
I've got a T60 kit headed my way, but the forecast here is 105º-110º around delivery time. Odds are it'll sit in my mailbox for about 4 hours before I can grab it. How bad is it to let tirz bake in that postal oven? Once I'm home, it'll come up to room temp and then go into the freezer.
 
saucerpants said:

I've got a T60 kit headed my way, but the forecast here is 105º-110º around delivery time. Odds are it'll sit in my mailbox for about 4 hours before I can grab it. How bad is it to let tirz bake in that postal oven? Once I'm home, it'll come up to room temp and then go into the freezer.
If you look around, this topic has come up quite a bit...I've got a few kits scheduled to land on Tuesday, and the heat here is no different. Still, I'm well aware that our mailbox turns into a virtual oven...So I figure I'll just slip away from work a bit early and make it home ahead of the mail, which normally shows up around 2:00...
 
Not ideal, though it won't cause problems. As I've mentioned in other threads, picture freeze dried instant coffee — as long as the seal hasn't been broken. For the most part, it will make it through just about anything.
 
Peter Magic, a scientist who heads Janoshik Analytics—a facility focused on peptide analysis—once forgot about some HGH, itself a peptide, and left it sitting in his garage at ordinary room temperature for a decade. Upon finding it again, he ran tests purely out of interest. His finding: the degradation was only minor. Your mailbox may be 30° warmer than typical room temperature, sure, but given the vials will spend just a tiny slice of a decade in there, I question whether that matters much.

One thought: stick an ice pack inside the mailbox before heading out, and encase the mailbox in foam.
 
wheymaster1 said:

Do mini fridge mailboxes exist? 🤔
This is exactly the kind of issue that an overachieving engineer would jump at the chance to solve with an unnecessarily elaborate fix 😂
 
You're fine all the way up to egg-cooking temperatures, roughly 130°F.

Overfilling is the norm with these vials, so a 10% potency loss would still leave you with over 60 mg per vial.

Bring them down in temperature gradually rather than all at once. Keep them out at room temperature overnight (just not right next to the AC unit), then move them into the fridge the following morning.
 
Flash-BCR said:

saucerpants said:

I've got a T60 kit headed my way, but the forecast here is 105º-110º around delivery time. Odds are it'll sit in my mailbox for about 4 hours before I can grab it. How bad is it to let tirz bake in that postal oven? Once I'm home, it'll come up to room temp and then go into the freezer.
If you look around, this topic has come up quite a bit...I've got a few kits scheduled to land on Tuesday, and the heat here is no different. Still, I'm well aware that our mailbox turns into a virtual oven...So I figure I'll just slip away from work a bit early and make it home ahead of the mail, which normally shows up around 2:00...
I can't head out early, though I figure it'll work out okay
 
Stace_wow said:

Hey there, Vegas buddy! My guess is that your tirz will come through okay. Tirz holds up really well 🙂
Last time around, I managed to grab it roughly 60 minutes after delivery. This coming week, though, the outside is going to feel like an air fryer. Should it end up feeling weaker for whatever reason, then next time I'll set things up differently.
 
A number of vendors out there are moving product that's sat in a warm warehouse for 6 or 8 months. My old approach was to place orders around dec/jan so the shipment would never hit severe temperatures. Then a feb order showed up with a June manufacture date, lol..... Personally I suspect certain fragile peptides do break down once things get past 90 degrees, though there are hundreds and hundreds of published 3rd party tests indicating they're fine. Vendors claim their stock is kept under temperature control, but if that were the case they'd be showing off photos of a 30 million dollar cold storage setup and pricing 50% above the next guy.
 
Back
Top