Horses, yeah, kinda niche, but if you have one (or more) post it.

FarmgirlRebel

Explorer
Joined
Feb 11, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
The large chestnut goes by Louie — he'd honestly charge straight into flames for my sake.

Finnick is the black one, formerly an Amish buggy horse.

Levi is the pinto, a top-tier trail master.

Shay is the blonde bombshell, my tiny "go cart" — incredibly zippy and a fantastic trail horse.

That final photo shows 3 of them, who after a recent 6" of rain fell within hours, chose to turn into water ponies.
 
7cd4cd43c988452d1a3983e69019e6d95c55470526f2ec8076610474aa112ac1.webp
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

The large chestnut goes by Louie — he'd honestly charge straight into flames for my sake.

Finnick is the black one, formerly an Amish buggy horse.

Levi is the pinto, a top-tier trail master.

Shay is the blonde bombshell, my tiny "go cart" — incredibly zippy and a fantastic trail horse.

That final photo shows 3 of them, who after a recent 6" of rain fell within hours, chose to turn into water ponies.
Your surroundings are absolutely gorgeous!
 
I own 3, though the one here is Lincoln — a 2014 AQHA gelding, basically the Labrador of horses 😂❤️🦄
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

The large chestnut goes by Louie — he'd honestly charge straight into flames for my sake.

Finnick is the black one, formerly an Amish buggy horse.

Levi is the pinto, a top-tier trail master.

Shay is the blonde bombshell, my tiny "go cart" — incredibly zippy and a fantastic trail horse.

That final photo shows 3 of them, who after a recent 6" of rain fell within hours, chose to turn into water ponies.
f5ec6749398e0009d7d12ab08003355ae741177c6a29765f8ecbbd41df1136d9.webp


I've always been terrified of horses. Cows, though—like the ones I have—they don't faze me nearly as much!
 
With a cat thread, a dog thread, and now a horse thread in place, I couldn't be happier.

@ZippityDooDah , I'm putting in a request for a "Pet Threads" subsection. The bird folks are definitely on their way, and I don't want to overlook them once they start sharing their own posts.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

wileyhorse said:

Girl! Now you're talking my language! I've got several of my own, plus I work as a farrier!

Image unavailable
That's great!!! Which spots do you usually ride at?
Oregon's where I'm at, so plenty of woods and mountains around. What about you—where do you stay? Having another person to ride with would be pretty cool lol
 
wileyhorse said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

wileyhorse said:

Girl! Now you're talking my language! I've got several of my own, plus I work as a farrier!

Image unavailable
That's great!!! Which spots do you usually ride at?
Oregon's where I'm at, so plenty of woods and mountains around. What about you—where do you stay? Having another person to ride with would be pretty cool lol
Sadly that's too far. I'm down in southern MN, just above the Iowa line — corn and dairy country. My childhood, though, was spent in the PNW, north of Seattle, so as a kid I did plenty of riding through mountains and woods. These days that whole area has been paved over and is crazy crowded.

Every fall, though, I do haul 1 or 2 horses out to Custer State Park in South Dakota and head into the Black Hills for some adventuring...making sure to avoid the bison 😆
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

wileyhorse said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

wileyhorse said:

Girl! Now you're talking my language! I've got several of my own, plus I work as a farrier!

Image unavailable
That's great!!! Which spots do you usually ride at?
Oregon's where I'm at, so plenty of woods and mountains around. What about you—where do you stay? Having another person to ride with would be pretty cool lol
Sadly that's too far. I'm down in southern MN, just above the Iowa line — corn and dairy country. My childhood, though, was spent in the PNW, north of Seattle, so as a kid I did plenty of riding through mountains and woods. These days that whole area has been paved over and is crazy crowded.

Every fall, though, I do haul 1 or 2 horses out to Custer State Park in South Dakota and head into the Black Hills for some adventuring...making sure to avoid the bison 😆
Hi… any chance we could talk somewhere other than this public thread? I noticed something you wrote in a different discussion about where to get veterinary supplies, and I was hoping to ask you a couple of things, if that's okay?
 
wileyhorse said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

wileyhorse said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

wileyhorse said:

Girl! Now you're talking my language! I've got several of my own, plus I work as a farrier!

Image unavailable
That's great!!! Which spots do you usually ride at?
Oregon's where I'm at, so plenty of woods and mountains around. What about you—where do you stay? Having another person to ride with would be pretty cool lol
Sadly that's too far. I'm down in southern MN, just above the Iowa line — corn and dairy country. My childhood, though, was spent in the PNW, north of Seattle, so as a kid I did plenty of riding through mountains and woods. These days that whole area has been paved over and is crazy crowded.

Every fall, though, I do haul 1 or 2 horses out to Custer State Park in South Dakota and head into the Black Hills for some adventuring...making sure to avoid the bison 😆
Hi… any chance we could talk somewhere other than this public thread? I noticed something you wrote in a different discussion about where to get veterinary supplies, and I was hoping to ask you a couple of things, if that's okay?
Yeah, shoot me a DM here and we'll take it from there...I'm about to leave for 7 days of camping and trail riding, no internet at all, so a reply might take a while!

Truck and trailer are loaded and I'm out the door in 1 hour, right now I'm just parked here with a coffee before I start driving.

Beautiful morning
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

wileyhorse said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

wileyhorse said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

wileyhorse said:

Girl! Now you're talking my language! I've got several of my own, plus I work as a farrier!

Image unavailable
That's great!!! Which spots do you usually ride at?
Oregon's where I'm at, so plenty of woods and mountains around. What about you—where do you stay? Having another person to ride with would be pretty cool lol
Sadly that's too far. I'm down in southern MN, just above the Iowa line — corn and dairy country. My childhood, though, was spent in the PNW, north of Seattle, so as a kid I did plenty of riding through mountains and woods. These days that whole area has been paved over and is crazy crowded.

Every fall, though, I do haul 1 or 2 horses out to Custer State Park in South Dakota and head into the Black Hills for some adventuring...making sure to avoid the bison 😆
Hi… any chance we could talk somewhere other than this public thread? I noticed something you wrote in a different discussion about where to get veterinary supplies, and I was hoping to ask you a couple of things, if that's okay?
Yeah, shoot me a DM here and we'll take it from there...I'm about to leave for 7 days of camping and trail riding, no internet at all, so a reply might take a while!

Truck and trailer are loaded and I'm out the door in 1 hour, right now I'm just parked here with a coffee before I start driving.

Beautiful morning
Just shot you a DM! Enjoy the trip, hope it's great!
 
Horses were part of my childhood. My dad took in boarders' horses for as long as I can remember. I had a job at a livery stable, leading trail rides. After that, my dad got into driving draft horses. At least I got it that horses demand way more care than I could offer, back in my late teens and twenties. Still, I felt fortunate to have had that background.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

The large chestnut goes by Louie — he'd honestly charge straight into flames for my sake.

Finnick is the black one, formerly an Amish buggy horse.

Levi is the pinto, a top-tier trail master.

Shay is the blonde bombshell, my tiny "go cart" — incredibly zippy and a fantastic trail horse.

That final photo shows 3 of them, who after a recent 6" of rain fell within hours, chose to turn into water ponies.
Awesome! Horses are the best 😍
 
randompersonrandom said:

With a cat thread, a dog thread, and now a horse thread in place, I couldn't be happier.

@ZippityDooDah , I'm putting in a request for a "Pet Threads" subsection. The bird folks are definitely on their way, and I don't want to overlook them once they start sharing their own posts.
Also dogs?? Where at?
 
Back
Top