Hormones..genes...peps

coach chickpea

Explorer
Joined
Apr 30, 2026
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Saskatchewan
For a postmenopausal woman on Hrt who has a slow comt, which peptide would most likely boost energy, motivation, body composition, and exercise performance?
 
For a postmenopausal woman on HRT, if I had to name a single peptide that hits all 4 of those targets at once, the strongest argument actually favors stacking compounds — though if only 1 could be chosen, tesamorelin comes out ahead of everything else.

Why: after menopause there is a well-known loss of pulsatile endogenous growth hormone, and that loss feeds directly into each of the 4 issues you listed — energy crashes, motivational flatness, visceral fat accumulation, and reduced exercise capacity. Tesamorelin, being a GHRH analog, brings back the body's own GH output in a more physiological pulsatile rhythm instead of saturating receptors the way exogenous GH would. Among peptides in this class it carries the best human clinical data, particularly for visceral fat loss, and multiple studies report secondary gains in energy and mood as GH/IGF-1 return to normal.

A close second is ipamorelin paired with a GHRH such as CJC-1295 (the DAC-free form). That combination works the same axis from 2 directions — the GHRH drives the pulse while ipamorelin magnifies it at the pituitary — and anecdotal reports focus heavily on better sleep quality, which in postmenopausal women is frequently the real underlying driver of energy and motivation problems. Improved sleep architecture translates into better recovery, a healthier cortisol rhythm, and mood benefits downstream that HRT by itself often does not fully cover.

BPC-157 does come up in these discussions, but its main strengths are connective tissue, gut integrity, and angiogenesis — genuine benefits, yet not the central levers for the goals you described. I use BPC157 and the results for my knee injury are incredible, but it can help with any tissue problem and training overload.

tesamorelin if you want the best-documented compound with the cleanest safety profile for body composition and energy, or ipamorelin/CJC-1295 if sleep and recovery are identified as the bottleneck driving everything else. Either way, the existing HRT is a major advantage because estrogen potentiates GH signaling at the receptor level, so the peptide effect tends to be noticeably stronger in women who are already adequately replaced compared to those who aren't.
 
Omxxl said:

For a postmenopausal woman on HRT, if I had to name a single peptide that hits all 4 of those targets at once, the strongest argument actually favors stacking compounds — though if only 1 could be chosen, tesamorelin comes out ahead of everything else.

Why: after menopause there is a well-known loss of pulsatile endogenous growth hormone, and that loss feeds directly into each of the 4 issues you listed — energy crashes, motivational flatness, visceral fat accumulation, and reduced exercise capacity. Tesamorelin, being a GHRH analog, brings back the body's own GH output in a more physiological pulsatile rhythm instead of saturating receptors the way exogenous GH would. Among peptides in this class it carries the best human clinical data, particularly for visceral fat loss, and multiple studies report secondary gains in energy and mood as GH/IGF-1 return to normal.

A close second is ipamorelin paired with a GHRH such as CJC-1295 (the DAC-free form). That combination works the same axis from 2 directions — the GHRH drives the pulse while ipamorelin magnifies it at the pituitary — and anecdotal reports focus heavily on better sleep quality, which in postmenopausal women is frequently the real underlying driver of energy and motivation problems. Improved sleep architecture translates into better recovery, a healthier cortisol rhythm, and mood benefits downstream that HRT by itself often does not fully cover.

BPC-157 does come up in these discussions, but its main strengths are connective tissue, gut integrity, and angiogenesis — genuine benefits, yet not the central levers for the goals you described. I use BPC157 and the results for my knee injury are incredible, but it can help with any tissue problem and training overload.

tesamorelin if you want the best-documented compound with the cleanest safety profile for body composition and energy, or ipamorelin/CJC-1295 if sleep and recovery are identified as the bottleneck driving everything else. Either way, the existing HRT is a major advantage because estrogen potentiates GH signaling at the receptor level, so the peptide effect tends to be noticeably stronger in women who are already adequately replaced compared to those who aren't.
Appreciate the thorough response..seems like tesa and bpc157 are what I need to track down. I'm in 🇨🇦 , trying to find a trustworthy source if you happen to know one
 
For those requirements, I'd point toward an exercise mimetic. A solid stack might include Mots-c, NAD, glutathione, epicatechin, and similar compounds.
 
Meritocrat said:

For those requirements, I'd point toward an exercise mimetic. A solid stack might include Mots-c, NAD, glutathione, epicatechin, and similar compounds.
Even a tiny amount of epitalon kept me awake all night, so I stopped taking it. Mots and Gsh/NAD are options I might explore, but I'm unsure about proper dosing
 
coach chickpea said:

Meritocrat said:

For those requirements, I'd point toward an exercise mimetic. A solid stack might include Mots-c, NAD, glutathione, epicatechin, and similar compounds.
Even a tiny amount of epitalon kept me awake all night, so I stopped taking it. Mots and Gsh/NAD are options I might explore, but I'm unsure about proper dosing
Epitalon belongs to the peptide category. Epicatechin, on the other hand, is taken by mouth.
 
Meritocrat said:

coach chickpea said:

Meritocrat said:

For those requirements, I'd point toward an exercise mimetic. A solid stack might include Mots-c, NAD, glutathione, epicatechin, and similar compounds.
Even a tiny amount of epitalon kept me awake all night, so I stopped taking it. Mots and Gsh/NAD are options I might explore, but I'm unsure about proper dosing
Epitalon belongs to the peptide category. Epicatechin, on the other hand, is taken by mouth.
Ah, my mistake
 
If we're talking peptides, tesamorelin would be my pick.

As a mid-life woman in perimenopause, I deal with plenty of symptoms.

I'm on HRT (estrogene and progesterone), and not long ago I added testosterone at female doses ;-) — aiming at energy, muscles, etc.

There does seem to be a shift.

These are standard prescriptions written by a doctor (me), so the quality is pharma-grade, and it comes as a gel.

In a few months I'll need bloodtests to check whether I absorb it, and how much.
 
Oh, by the way — an excessive amount of HRT may lead to many of the very symptoms you originally had. Things such as fatigue, poor sleep, and so on.

What are you taking?

Have you had any blood work done?
 
miss-sanne said:

Oh, by the way — an excessive amount of HRT may lead to many of the very symptoms you originally had. Things such as fatigue, poor sleep, and so on.

What are you taking?

Have you had any blood work done?
After bringing my E2 down a little from where it had crept up, my sleep has become spot on.
 
Back
Top