Hitting a wall with Reta dosing

HARLEYV2 said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Where are you dose-wise now? Going to 6 mg is what I'm fixing to do. 38 lbs gone so far. People Tell me that at 6 mg it's like a switch turned on, and the glucagon effects kick in. 20 more lbs to go for me.
6mg did the trick for me.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Researcher.Rigby said:

An L. Acidophilus probiotic appears to have done me some good. Heartburn used to hit me at the lower doses, but I kept titrating up every 4 weeks regardless, and in the end it faded.
Acidophilus is what gets my vote. It cleared my sulfur burps up entirely.
Pectin is something kefir also provides.
 
Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

HARLEYV2 said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Where are you dose-wise now? Going to 6 mg is what I'm fixing to do. 38 lbs gone so far. People Tell me that at 6 mg it's like a switch turned on, and the glucagon effects kick in. 20 more lbs to go for me.
10mg was where I was, and my wife as well. These days it's between 6 and 8mg that I bounce, each stretch running 4 weeks, with the Friday 5AM scale deciding. Maintenance mode. 30 weeks is what it took to drop 60lbs. The 4-6 and 8mg steps really did work on me, and each one was held for something like 6 weeks. Next Friday is doses day for my wife, and 12mg is the likely next step since she's still on 10.

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Exactly the same happened when I started Tirz…a split dose of Reta went in 3 weeks ago, and titrating up is what I'll do over the next dose or so, with the tums kept handy for that…

…and KPV is what I use, as was mentioned, and I think that helps a lot as well…
That stuff got a look from me yesterday, in connection with that other deal.
My guess is a bit will make its way to you before long, and then you can give it a whirl…. 👍
Why was I feeling that? 😉
How did Friday's weigh in go? still losing?
Yeah, and wanting to isn't the issue — I'm all over the place. This morning I jumped on for kicks, and up it went. Go figure.
 
BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

HARLEYV2 said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Where are you dose-wise now? Going to 6 mg is what I'm fixing to do. 38 lbs gone so far. People Tell me that at 6 mg it's like a switch turned on, and the glucagon effects kick in. 20 more lbs to go for me.
10mg was where I was, and my wife as well. These days it's between 6 and 8mg that I bounce, each stretch running 4 weeks, with the Friday 5AM scale deciding. Maintenance mode. 30 weeks is what it took to drop 60lbs. The 4-6 and 8mg steps really did work on me, and each one was held for something like 6 weeks. Next Friday is doses day for my wife, and 12mg is the likely next step since she's still on 10.

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Exactly the same happened when I started Tirz…a split dose of Reta went in 3 weeks ago, and titrating up is what I'll do over the next dose or so, with the tums kept handy for that…

…and KPV is what I use, as was mentioned, and I think that helps a lot as well…
That stuff got a look from me yesterday, in connection with that other deal.
My guess is a bit will make its way to you before long, and then you can give it a whirl…. 👍
Why was I feeling that? 😉
How did Friday's weigh in go? still losing?
Yeah, and wanting to isn't the issue — I'm all over the place. This morning I jumped on for kicks, and up it went. Go figure.
yeah, that balance is what you're after, i know.. ah well, go grab fried grouper
 
Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

HARLEYV2 said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Where are you dose-wise now? Going to 6 mg is what I'm fixing to do. 38 lbs gone so far. People Tell me that at 6 mg it's like a switch turned on, and the glucagon effects kick in. 20 more lbs to go for me.
10mg was where I was, and my wife as well. These days it's between 6 and 8mg that I bounce, each stretch running 4 weeks, with the Friday 5AM scale deciding. Maintenance mode. 30 weeks is what it took to drop 60lbs. The 4-6 and 8mg steps really did work on me, and each one was held for something like 6 weeks. Next Friday is doses day for my wife, and 12mg is the likely next step since she's still on 10.

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Exactly the same happened when I started Tirz…a split dose of Reta went in 3 weeks ago, and titrating up is what I'll do over the next dose or so, with the tums kept handy for that…

…and KPV is what I use, as was mentioned, and I think that helps a lot as well…
That stuff got a look from me yesterday, in connection with that other deal.
My guess is a bit will make its way to you before long, and then you can give it a whirl…. 👍
Why was I feeling that? 😉
How did Friday's weigh in go? still losing?
Yeah, and wanting to isn't the issue — I'm all over the place. This morning I jumped on for kicks, and up it went. Go figure.
yeah, that balance is what you're after, i know.. ah well, go grab fried grouper
Shit, for the price of that stuff I could get more of that R140. 🤣 Getting it nailed down is the plan. Whatever the higher doses have left in me, there's no telling.
 
BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

HARLEYV2 said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Where are you dose-wise now? Going to 6 mg is what I'm fixing to do. 38 lbs gone so far. People Tell me that at 6 mg it's like a switch turned on, and the glucagon effects kick in. 20 more lbs to go for me.
10mg was where I was, and my wife as well. These days it's between 6 and 8mg that I bounce, each stretch running 4 weeks, with the Friday 5AM scale deciding. Maintenance mode. 30 weeks is what it took to drop 60lbs. The 4-6 and 8mg steps really did work on me, and each one was held for something like 6 weeks. Next Friday is doses day for my wife, and 12mg is the likely next step since she's still on 10.

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Exactly the same happened when I started Tirz…a split dose of Reta went in 3 weeks ago, and titrating up is what I'll do over the next dose or so, with the tums kept handy for that…

…and KPV is what I use, as was mentioned, and I think that helps a lot as well…
That stuff got a look from me yesterday, in connection with that other deal.
My guess is a bit will make its way to you before long, and then you can give it a whirl…. 👍
Why was I feeling that? 😉
How did Friday's weigh in go? still losing?
Yeah, and wanting to isn't the issue — I'm all over the place. This morning I jumped on for kicks, and up it went. Go figure.
yeah, that balance is what you're after, i know.. ah well, go grab fried grouper
Shit, for the price of that stuff I could get more of that R140. 🤣 Getting it nailed down is the plan. Whatever the higher doses have left in me, there's no telling.
Clearwater is where I lived for a while. A little fish stand there turned out these fried grouper chunks. Best I've ever had... I miss it a lot.
 
Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

HARLEYV2 said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Where are you dose-wise now? Going to 6 mg is what I'm fixing to do. 38 lbs gone so far. People Tell me that at 6 mg it's like a switch turned on, and the glucagon effects kick in. 20 more lbs to go for me.
10mg was where I was, and my wife as well. These days it's between 6 and 8mg that I bounce, each stretch running 4 weeks, with the Friday 5AM scale deciding. Maintenance mode. 30 weeks is what it took to drop 60lbs. The 4-6 and 8mg steps really did work on me, and each one was held for something like 6 weeks. Next Friday is doses day for my wife, and 12mg is the likely next step since she's still on 10.

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Exactly the same happened when I started Tirz…a split dose of Reta went in 3 weeks ago, and titrating up is what I'll do over the next dose or so, with the tums kept handy for that…

…and KPV is what I use, as was mentioned, and I think that helps a lot as well…
That stuff got a look from me yesterday, in connection with that other deal.
My guess is a bit will make its way to you before long, and then you can give it a whirl…. 👍
Why was I feeling that? 😉
How did Friday's weigh in go? still losing?
Yeah, and wanting to isn't the issue — I'm all over the place. This morning I jumped on for kicks, and up it went. Go figure.
yeah, that balance is what you're after, i know.. ah well, go grab fried grouper
Shit, for the price of that stuff I could get more of that R140. 🤣 Getting it nailed down is the plan. Whatever the higher doses have left in me, there's no telling.
Clearwater is where I lived for a while. A little fish stand there turned out these fried grouper chunks. Best I've ever had... I miss it a lot.
Good stuff, though the price has gone crazy. Some friends from the local bar were over here widening the I-75 bridges across the Peace River (the river is 2 miles from me) from 2 to 3 lanes. Moore Haven, Lake O and the Caloosahatchee River area is where they came from. and crazy. Weekends they'd head back and bring me bags of gator tail and gator ribs, no tax stamps. Caught them themselves, crazy bastard. Nuggets is what you cut that into, then fry it and enjoy. Fresh is best. Nor are the ribs bad. IIRC that was back in 2002.
 
BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

HARLEYV2 said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Where are you dose-wise now? Going to 6 mg is what I'm fixing to do. 38 lbs gone so far. People Tell me that at 6 mg it's like a switch turned on, and the glucagon effects kick in. 20 more lbs to go for me.
10mg was where I was, and my wife as well. These days it's between 6 and 8mg that I bounce, each stretch running 4 weeks, with the Friday 5AM scale deciding. Maintenance mode. 30 weeks is what it took to drop 60lbs. The 4-6 and 8mg steps really did work on me, and each one was held for something like 6 weeks. Next Friday is doses day for my wife, and 12mg is the likely next step since she's still on 10.

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Exactly the same happened when I started Tirz…a split dose of Reta went in 3 weeks ago, and titrating up is what I'll do over the next dose or so, with the tums kept handy for that…

…and KPV is what I use, as was mentioned, and I think that helps a lot as well…
That stuff got a look from me yesterday, in connection with that other deal.
My guess is a bit will make its way to you before long, and then you can give it a whirl…. 👍
Why was I feeling that? 😉
How did Friday's weigh in go? still losing?
Yeah, and wanting to isn't the issue — I'm all over the place. This morning I jumped on for kicks, and up it went. Go figure.
yeah, that balance is what you're after, i know.. ah well, go grab fried grouper
Shit, for the price of that stuff I could get more of that R140. 🤣 Getting it nailed down is the plan. Whatever the higher doses have left in me, there's no telling.
Clearwater is where I lived for a while. A little fish stand there turned out these fried grouper chunks. Best I've ever had... I miss it a lot.
Good stuff, though the price has gone crazy. Some friends from the local bar were over here widening the I-75 bridges across the Peace River (the river is 2 miles from me) from 2 to 3 lanes. Moore Haven, Lake O and the Caloosahatchee River area is where they came from. and crazy. Weekends they'd head back and bring me bags of gator tail and gator ribs, no tax stamps. Caught them themselves, crazy bastard. Nuggets is what you cut that into, then fry it and enjoy. Fresh is best. Nor are the ribs bad. IIRC that was back in 2002.
2003 is when I lived there.

A festival came round here, and my kid plus her friend were the ones I took along, with all sorts of food on offer.

One stand was selling fried k-bobs that looked like chicken nuggets on a stick, and one each is what I bought the girls. They wanted more once those were gone, so the booth I pointed to was “gator on a stick”.

Shocked, needless to say, is what they were...

But man, that fried gator is really good!
 
Reflux (gastrooesophageal) is super common with GLP drugs. Gastric emptying gets delayed, so stomach acid sits there longer and probably in larger volumes at a time, which makes it more likely to travel back up the wrong way — and quite possibly the muscles and the control of stomach movement get messed with too. Where it is causing symptoms, treating it probably beats leaving it alone, since long term acid exposure can damage the oesophagus.

So if only a certain dose and above causes the problem, staying below that dose is what you need — where that is practical — or the reflux gets treated with proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole. Not over filling the stomach helps, meaning not eating too much at once, not drinking fluids alongside a meal and not eating or drinking much before bed, since lying down usually makes it worse — or basically the same advice for reducing GI side effects from GLP's.
 
sheilarae74 said:

HARLEYV2 said:

BNLFL said:

Back when I was on 4mg the burn showed up for a spell, though never during the day - nights only. A few Tums sorted it out. Give it time; it fades on its own, trust me. By the time I hit 10mg there was nothing at all.
Where are you dose-wise now? Going to 6 mg is what I'm fixing to do. 38 lbs gone so far. People Tell me that at 6 mg it's like a switch turned on, and the glucagon effects kick in. 20 more lbs to go for me.
6mg did the trick for me.
6mg laid me out, honestly.
 
Omxxl said:


Here’s a summary of my situation. I’ve been on Reta for eight months, and about two months ago, I reached my maximum dose: 4 mg, split into two weekly injections. I tried jumping straight to 3 mg per injection, but I experienced heartburn—it felt like gastritis. I tried 2.5 mg, and even at 2 mg, I still notice it sometimes.

A couple of weeks ago, I dropped to 1.5 mg per injection (3 mg weekly), and things were much better. As soon as I went up to 2 mg (4 mg weekly), the heartburn returned slightly.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I can't increase the dose any further, so I’m barely noticing any effects now; the scale has even crept up a bit since I don't have as much appetite suppression.

Click to expand...
Same problem happened to me. Once I reached 3.0 mg each week, mild heartburn plus sulfur burps showed up, and in time they were waking me during the night. After I mentioned it to my wife — she has used Sema and Tirz for years — she recommended a daily Omeprazole pill. I gave it a shot, and both the heartburn and the burps disappeared. Honestly, it felt like magic. It is absolutely worth trying, and it does not cost much either.
 
I appreciate the suggestion—omeprazole has made a real difference, and I feel a lot better now. Next, I plan to bump the dose up by 2.5 mg every 3 days and see what happens. I’ll share updates on how things go.
 
Before Tirz, heartburn was never a problem for me. These days, when it shows up, a glass of water mixed with baking soda takes care of it completely.
 
Easy fix: omeprazole. In my view it beats every other heartburn and acid reflux option out there, and I've gone through all of them. It does a great job, though you won't notice the benefit for 2 days or so. To keep heartburn away, it has to be taken daily or on alternate days. This isn't truly a take-when-needed drug. You can use it that way, but you'll be miserable for 2 days while waiting for it to kick in.

Alternatively, if you simply tough it out for a couple of weeks and let your body get used to the higher dose, the heartburn might disappear on its own with no medication at all.
 
Back
Top