Histamine Chaos: Severe Reaction to MT1 Plus Glutathione

HZM808

Explorer
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Not really stressing over it now (😬). Mainly sharing this as a heads-up that it could happen to you.

For roughly 5 weeks I've been on Glutathione at 1200 mg, and only during the last 2 weeks have I worked up to injecting the full amount in a single dose.

I took my Gluta, then roughly 60 minutes later injected 200 mcg of MT 1. The 3 days before, I'd used that same MT 1 dose and only felt mild nausea.

Roughly 2 hours after the injection, itching and hives broke out across my torso and underarms... quite a lot. I took a benadryl and sprayed on anti-itch spray, and things stayed fine until morning, when it flared up again. I took an Allegra I had sitting around (oddly pleased to have finished off 1 of 2 partly used anti-itch sprays, used my final benadryl, and now I'm on this Allegra sample)! I'd taken just 1 Allegra around 7 am, and by 5 pm I definitely needed the second one!

Since the meds are keeping everything in check and it never spread to my face or throat, I can live with it, but I'm really disappointed too.

Once the dust settles (meaning the red itchy welts), I'll still research with both, just skipping MT 1 on Glutathione days.

If anybody has dealt with something like this, I'd really like to hear about it!
 
HZM808 said:

Not really stressing over it now (😬). Mainly sharing this as a heads-up that it could happen to you.

For roughly 5 weeks I've been on Glutathione at 1200 mg, and only during the last 2 weeks have I worked up to injecting the full amount in a single dose.

I took my Gluta, then roughly 60 minutes later injected 200 mcg of MT 1. The 3 days before, I'd used that same MT 1 dose and only felt mild nausea.

Roughly 2 hours after the injection, itching and hives broke out across my torso and underarms... quite a lot. I took a benadryl and sprayed on anti-itch spray, and things stayed fine until morning, when it flared up again. I took an Allegra I had sitting around (oddly pleased to have finished off 1 of 2 partly used anti-itch sprays, used my final benadryl, and now I'm on this Allegra sample)! I'd taken just 1 Allegra around 7 am, and by 5 pm I definitely needed the second one!

Since the meds are keeping everything in check and it never spread to my face or throat, I can live with it, but I'm really disappointed too.

Once the dust settles (meaning the red itchy welts), I'll still research with both, just skipping MT 1 on Glutathione days.

If anybody has dealt with something like this, I'd really like to hear about it!
When I'm injecting bigger ml amounts, I prefer my outer thighs. I get fewer histamine issues that way.
 
CNCCurrency said:

HZM808 said:

Not really stressing over it now (😬). Mainly sharing this as a heads-up that it could happen to you.

For roughly 5 weeks I've been on Glutathione at 1200 mg, and only during the last 2 weeks have I worked up to injecting the full amount in a single dose.

I took my Gluta, then roughly 60 minutes later injected 200 mcg of MT 1. The 3 days before, I'd used that same MT 1 dose and only felt mild nausea.

Roughly 2 hours after the injection, itching and hives broke out across my torso and underarms... quite a lot. I took a benadryl and sprayed on anti-itch spray, and things stayed fine until morning, when it flared up again. I took an Allegra I had sitting around (oddly pleased to have finished off 1 of 2 partly used anti-itch sprays, used my final benadryl, and now I'm on this Allegra sample)! I'd taken just 1 Allegra around 7 am, and by 5 pm I definitely needed the second one!

Since the meds are keeping everything in check and it never spread to my face or throat, I can live with it, but I'm really disappointed too.

Once the dust settles (meaning the red itchy welts), I'll still research with both, just skipping MT 1 on Glutathione days.

If anybody has dealt with something like this, I'd really like to hear about it!
When I'm injecting bigger ml amounts, I prefer my outer thighs. I get fewer histamine issues that way.
Perhaps I should give that another shot....it hurts more in my case, which is why I moved to ventro glute, but I'd take some leg soreness over 24+ hours of redness and itching any day!
 
HZM808 said:

CNCCurrency said:

HZM808 said:

Not really stressing over it now (😬). Mainly sharing this as a heads-up that it could happen to you.

For roughly 5 weeks I've been on Glutathione at 1200 mg, and only during the last 2 weeks have I worked up to injecting the full amount in a single dose.

I took my Gluta, then roughly 60 minutes later injected 200 mcg of MT 1. The 3 days before, I'd used that same MT 1 dose and only felt mild nausea.

Roughly 2 hours after the injection, itching and hives broke out across my torso and underarms... quite a lot. I took a benadryl and sprayed on anti-itch spray, and things stayed fine until morning, when it flared up again. I took an Allegra I had sitting around (oddly pleased to have finished off 1 of 2 partly used anti-itch sprays, used my final benadryl, and now I'm on this Allegra sample)! I'd taken just 1 Allegra around 7 am, and by 5 pm I definitely needed the second one!

Since the meds are keeping everything in check and it never spread to my face or throat, I can live with it, but I'm really disappointed too.

Once the dust settles (meaning the red itchy welts), I'll still research with both, just skipping MT 1 on Glutathione days.

If anybody has dealt with something like this, I'd really like to hear about it!
When I'm injecting bigger ml amounts, I prefer my outer thighs. I get fewer histamine issues that way.
Perhaps I should give that another shot....it hurts more in my case, which is why I moved to ventro glute, but I'd take some leg soreness over 24+ hours of redness and itching any day!
How did things turn out for you? I just did my very first MT1 shot, 0.25mg, and I'm feeling a bit flushed, so I came on here to check what others have experienced—now your post has me worried 😅
 
HZM808 said:

Not really stressing over it now (😬). Mainly sharing this as a heads-up that it could happen to you.

For roughly 5 weeks I've been on Glutathione at 1200 mg, and only during the last 2 weeks have I worked up to injecting the full amount in a single dose.

I took my Gluta, then roughly 60 minutes later injected 200 mcg of MT 1. The 3 days before, I'd used that same MT 1 dose and only felt mild nausea.

Roughly 2 hours after the injection, itching and hives broke out across my torso and underarms... quite a lot. I took a benadryl and sprayed on anti-itch spray, and things stayed fine until morning, when it flared up again. I took an Allegra I had sitting around (oddly pleased to have finished off 1 of 2 partly used anti-itch sprays, used my final benadryl, and now I'm on this Allegra sample)! I'd taken just 1 Allegra around 7 am, and by 5 pm I definitely needed the second one!

Since the meds are keeping everything in check and it never spread to my face or throat, I can live with it, but I'm really disappointed too.

Once the dust settles (meaning the red itchy welts), I'll still research with both, just skipping MT 1 on Glutathione days.

If anybody has dealt with something like this, I'd really like to hear about it!

Same as the majority, I steer clear of gluta at those large amounts. Koreans go that route since caution takes a back seat to their fixation.
 
JourneyToPerfection said:

HZM808 said:

CNCCurrency said:

HZM808 said:

Not really stressing over it now (😬). Mainly sharing this as a heads-up that it could happen to you.

For roughly 5 weeks I've been on Glutathione at 1200 mg, and only during the last 2 weeks have I worked up to injecting the full amount in a single dose.

I took my Gluta, then roughly 60 minutes later injected 200 mcg of MT 1. The 3 days before, I'd used that same MT 1 dose and only felt mild nausea.

Roughly 2 hours after the injection, itching and hives broke out across my torso and underarms... quite a lot. I took a benadryl and sprayed on anti-itch spray, and things stayed fine until morning, when it flared up again. I took an Allegra I had sitting around (oddly pleased to have finished off 1 of 2 partly used anti-itch sprays, used my final benadryl, and now I'm on this Allegra sample)! I'd taken just 1 Allegra around 7 am, and by 5 pm I definitely needed the second one!

Since the meds are keeping everything in check and it never spread to my face or throat, I can live with it, but I'm really disappointed too.

Once the dust settles (meaning the red itchy welts), I'll still research with both, just skipping MT 1 on Glutathione days.

If anybody has dealt with something like this, I'd really like to hear about it!
When I'm injecting bigger ml amounts, I prefer my outer thighs. I get fewer histamine issues that way.
Perhaps I should give that another shot....it hurts more in my case, which is why I moved to ventro glute, but I'd take some leg soreness over 24+ hours of redness and itching any day!
How did things turn out for you? I just did my very first MT1 shot, 0.25mg, and I'm feeling a bit flushed, so I came on here to check what others have experienced—now your post has me worried 😅
That signature of yours, I'm in stitches 🤣🤣🤣
 
Stace_wow said:

JourneyToPerfection said:

HZM808 said:

CNCCurrency said:

HZM808 said:

Not really stressing over it now (😬). Mainly sharing this as a heads-up that it could happen to you.

For roughly 5 weeks I've been on Glutathione at 1200 mg, and only during the last 2 weeks have I worked up to injecting the full amount in a single dose.

I took my Gluta, then roughly 60 minutes later injected 200 mcg of MT 1. The 3 days before, I'd used that same MT 1 dose and only felt mild nausea.

Roughly 2 hours after the injection, itching and hives broke out across my torso and underarms... quite a lot. I took a benadryl and sprayed on anti-itch spray, and things stayed fine until morning, when it flared up again. I took an Allegra I had sitting around (oddly pleased to have finished off 1 of 2 partly used anti-itch sprays, used my final benadryl, and now I'm on this Allegra sample)! I'd taken just 1 Allegra around 7 am, and by 5 pm I definitely needed the second one!

Since the meds are keeping everything in check and it never spread to my face or throat, I can live with it, but I'm really disappointed too.

Once the dust settles (meaning the red itchy welts), I'll still research with both, just skipping MT 1 on Glutathione days.

If anybody has dealt with something like this, I'd really like to hear about it!
When I'm injecting bigger ml amounts, I prefer my outer thighs. I get fewer histamine issues that way.
Perhaps I should give that another shot....it hurts more in my case, which is why I moved to ventro glute, but I'd take some leg soreness over 24+ hours of redness and itching any day!
How did things turn out for you? I just did my very first MT1 shot, 0.25mg, and I'm feeling a bit flushed, so I came on here to check what others have experienced—now your post has me worried 😅
That signature of yours, I'm in stitches 🤣🤣🤣
Right?? 😂😂 a few of the threads in here are absolute gold, the lore has to get quoted hahaha

And weirdly enough, your signature (I'd clocked it before) popped into my head a few weeks back while I was attempting to pin TB into my stomach. Sensation down in the lower stomach is pretty minimal for me, so that's where I usually stick. I jabbed, felt pressure, and figured "all good, time to push the plunger". Except, like a guy who's way too excited, I blew my load all over my belly because it wasn't actually in properly, which meant I wasted a shot I did genuinely try to take hahahahaha
 
I would remain careful and have epinephrine nearby. Certain peptides gave me histamine reactions...right up until I went into anaphylaxis.
 
DunningKruger said:

I would remain careful and have epinephrine nearby. Certain peptides gave me histamine reactions...right up until I went into anaphylaxis.
What was the substance that triggered your anaphylaxis?
 
If you're dealing with a systemic allergic response rather than just swelling at the injection spot, and you're seeing hives, that's a clear type 1 histamine-driven allergic reaction. Having them show up all over your body instead of only where you injected makes it somewhat risky. The mechanism is essentially the same as anaphylaxis, just confined to the skin rather than affecting everything. There's a chance the next episode could be more severe, and that chance is fairly high — more likely than not, honestly. I don't believe there's a reliable way to calculate the odds of an anaphylactic reaction occurring, but they certainly aren't zero. The most likely scenario is simply a worse repeat of what you just went through, but the real question becomes: what level of risk is tolerable when the potential outcome is a fatal anaphylactic reaction, particularly when the medication isn't essential for survival? MT1 and glutathione fall into the category of optional rather than life-sustaining treatments. I'd assume no physician would ever feel at ease administering either of those to someone who'd already experienced that kind of reaction.

Broadly speaking, the only safe course of action is to steer clear of whatever set off that reaction. Since there were 2 potential culprits, you ought to avoid both. I don't get the sense you're planning to do that (though I hope I'm mistaken), so at the very least you'd need an epipen on hand plus another person present who could administer it and call for emergency help if things go sideways, and you should try a 1/10 or 1/100th dose rather than taking both simultaneously. After that, stay away from whichever one triggered the reaction.
 
Ajejebrazorf said:

DunningKruger said:

I would remain careful and have epinephrine nearby. Certain peptides gave me histamine reactions...right up until I went into anaphylaxis.
What was the substance that triggered your anaphylaxis?
Tesamorelin. However, a handful of others have triggered histamine reactions for me.

The research lessthanhalf has done on this is thorough, and his post is accurate.
 
Wow, I disappeared after making this post. Truthfully, it slipped my mind that I even wrote it — I'm going to pin that on menopause! And I suppose I've been reading the forum without signing in, so I missed a few things.

Here's where things stand: I never touched MT 1 again. I went back to the Gluta, because that one had never caused me any reaction before, and nothing happened this time either. What I did change was dropping my dose back down to 200mg every other day, and I began injecting into the outer thigh like people here recommended. After all that, I got myself an epi pen.

There was another episode of hives, and my throat was involved too, though the hives were far milder than what the MT1 brought on. I realize now I should have spaced things out more, but I ran 100mcg of Semax for two days with nothing happening. After that I added Tesa at .5 mg for two days. Then I took a day off from both, dosed Semax in the a.m., and broke out in hives. Zyrtec knocked it out once more, so my epi pens are still sitting within reach.

Honestly though, my plan is to return to the compounds I've already used and liked, and I don't really intend to add anything new....well, a kit of Cartalax did just arrive, so that one's getting a try....no clue why I ordered a whole kit — every other time apart from KLOW, I've stuck to a single vial at a time, thank goodness.

A chunk of this is that I'm either fully in the doing-things mode or I'm not. So while I'm in peptide mode, I want to be running them, and then I drop off and take a break for a while (my Tirz is the exception, I stay motivated with that one, lol). Sermorelin, Ipamorelin, the KLOW blend and Gluta have all treated me fine, and I think they've worked, so that's where I'm staying.

Except, I went and enrolled in a research study for a new ADHD medication. I've got one more appointment to get through before I find out whether I'm in the trial, and if I am, everything has to stop except the trial drug. There's a 33% chance I end up with the placebo, and if that happens I'll be seriously irritated that I gave up all my other meds/peps/alcohol for nothing.

Something I stumbled on while reading about histamine reactions that might actually be useful: reactions to histamine tend to happen more in a.m. So I don't know whether pushing it to later in the day rather than the a.m. would change anything. I didn't dig that deep into it, just filed it away in the back of my mind, well, trying to. Chances are pretty good I'll forget all about it!
 
Back
Top