Higher Triz Dose Led to Increased Hunger

midlifeoptimized

Explorer
Joined
May 30, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego
For several months I stayed on 3 mg of triz, dropping pounds gradually. My appetite stayed in check, and my daily intake was roughly 1600 calories, with 160-170g protein and the remainder coming from carbs and fat. About 2 months ago I moved up in dose, and I'm currently taking 6mg. Now I'm extremely hungry and consuming around 2400 calories, yet I'm shedding more weight. Back at 3mg of triz, my weight loss had plateaued and I wasn't hungry at all.

It strikes me as odd that after increasing the dose, my hunger went up, I eat more, and I lose more weight.

Triz has helped me in so many ways—from stabilizing my blood sugar, clearing up toenail fungus, silencing my negative self-talk, and now letting me eat more.

Has this happened to anyone else?
 
The rise in food noise is hitting me too. For roughly 6 weeks I stayed on 7.5mg, and during that stretch the scale dropped about 2.5 lbs each week on average. Then, in week 5 at 7.5, the food noise began returning. Once week 6 was over, I moved up to 10mg. Yet even at 10mg, it feels much louder than it did in the earlier weeks. I'm still dropping weight, and things are somewhat better than they'd be with no tirz at all, but I can't figure out what's happening. Every bit of tirz came from the same batches.
 
During those last 2 months, how much weight have you dropped, and over what period?

Nothing you're describing has a solid explanation. When you add roughly 800 kcal per day, weight loss essentially never speeds up; what can happen is that short-term shifts in fluid balance give the impression of continued loss.

Did the tirz come from one batch? Have your dilution and dosing math been verified twice and then a third time? And have you attempted another dose increase just to observe the result?
 
On 2.5 I felt really sick, and at 5 I could barely finish one meal. Once I moved to 7.5, though, I was eating 3 times daily and had energy again. Even so, I kept dropping 2 lbs/week and lost around 9 lbs during that month.

It wasn't food noise at all. I'd get hungry but had a hard time figuring out what to eat because nothing sounded good. My doctor couldn't explain it other than saying this dose was finally treating my insulin resistance, so yeah. My advice would be to stay at this dose until you hit a stall.
 
midlifeoptimized said:

For several months I stayed on 3 mg of triz, dropping pounds gradually. My appetite stayed in check, and my daily intake was roughly 1600 calories, with 160-170g protein and the remainder coming from carbs and fat. About 2 months ago I moved up in dose, and I'm currently taking 6mg. Now I'm extremely hungry and consuming around 2400 calories, yet I'm shedding more weight. Back at 3mg of triz, my weight loss had plateaued and I wasn't hungry at all.

It strikes me as odd that after increasing the dose, my hunger went up, I eat more, and I lose more weight.

Triz has helped me in so many ways—from stabilizing my blood sugar, clearing up toenail fungus, silencing my negative self-talk, and now letting me eat more.

Has this happened to anyone else?
I prefer to picture heaven that way.
 
I keep thinking maybe the GIP is somehow activating more strongly. Every bit of my triz comes from

lessthanhalf said:

During those last 2 months, how much weight have you dropped, and over what period?

Nothing you're describing has a solid explanation. When you add roughly 800 kcal per day, weight loss essentially never speeds up; what can happen is that short-term shifts in fluid balance give the impression of continued loss.

Did the tirz come from one batch? Have your dilution and dosing math been verified twice and then a third time? And have you attempted another dose increase just to observe the result?
The triz is sourced from a pharmacy that distributes within the US and is widely recognized. I realize I am paying far too much, which is exactly why I ended up here.

It baffles me too. I keep wondering whether the GIP somehow switched on at the larger dose. I began Triz in Nov at 211 and shed 11 lbs during the first 3-4 weeks. After that I stalled for 2 months, hovering between 195-200. When I raised the dose to 6mg and pushed my intake from 1600 up to 2000 calories, the weight started coming off, going from 198 down to 180 across roughly 6 weeks. Over the past 2 weeks I bumped it to 2400 calories and still went from 185 to 180.

To me it is fascinating, and I am thrilled that I am eating more than I have in years while still shedding weight.

Triz has genuinely changed everything for me. It repaired so many issues.

I ran it through chatgpt and the response was that my body might at last feel safe, so it is releasing additional fat. I began at 28% fat and am now at 18% fat.
 
I do think what you're describing has happened. I can't come up with any explanation that makes physiological sense for more calories producing more weight loss. I've seen similar claims before, but I'll admit I've always been sceptical. Yet you've pushed calories up a lot, and lost a fair amount of weight. In the real world that's no bad thing — losing weight while eating more ought to make the whole process easier.

Metabolic adaptation to a chronic low calorie intake is very real. My own daily energy expenditure fell from 145 kg to 75kg — roughly halved — so I needed 1600-1800 kcal a day to keep losing, and progress stopped and held at that intake for the next 3 years. As far as I know, though, it's a very slow process and hard to interfere with. I'd have guessed that any extra calories coming in, in a weight-lost state, would go straight into preserving fat stores rather than pushing metabolic rate up — and be the least likely thing to cause more loss. Clearly your system works differently to mine.

There is, very definitely, significant genetic variation in incretin receptors, and that does change how individuals respond to these drugs. Tirz is supposed to raise energy expenditure a little, but I'd always assumed the effect was fairly minor, maybe 100 kcal/day, and less than reta. I'd have thought that if your receptor systems jacked metabolic rate up when calorie input rose, it would have stopped you getting overweight in the first place — whereas for you it only appears to happen on tirz? Trying to think of a mechanism that would explain it is genuinely interesting.
 
honestly, this is the wildest thing I have experienced. while on 3mg, my appetite stayed low, I continued cutting calories, yet my weight loss hit a wall. after I moved up to 6mg, hunger showed up, I began eating more, and the pounds started coming off again, even faster than before. we will see how it goes. I feel excited about it and I want to know whether anyone else has gone through the same thing.

Triz has done wonders in my case. back before I began using it, skipping food was impossible without a "crash" — I was constantly in need of eating, and any missed meal brought a headache, brain fog, fatigue and irritability.

After starting Triz, every one of those issues disappeared. it also lifted my mental state and changed how I view myself (no more thinking I am a failure and similar thoughts). one more odd detail: I used to have toenail fungus (sorry, gross) on 1 toenail. roughly 2 months into Triz, that toenail came off, and a replacement has nearly finished growing in with no problems at all.

I believe tGLP's have enormous potential. I wish more people would try them.
 
Back
Top