Higher-Dose Tirzepatide: What Are the Trade-Offs?

therealdlg

Explorer
Joined
May 28, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Canton, Ga 30115
Hey there, fellow labrats...what would be the upside and downside of taking tirzepatide at 20 or even 25 MG per week? Has any research looked into this?🤔🤔🤔🤔
 
therealdlg said:

Hey there, fellow labrats...what would be the upside and downside of taking tirzepatide at 20 or even 25 MG per week? Has any research looked into this?🤔🤔🤔🤔
I recall a person here mentioning 25 mg. You could try searching for it.
 
therealdlg said:

Hey there, fellow labrats...what would be the upside and downside of taking tirzepatide at 20 or even 25 MG per week? Has any research looked into this?🤔🤔🤔🤔
I've been hunting for the same thing. Someone out there is running 20mg, but I haven't come across any published papers about it….
 
From what I gather, Lily currently has trials underway that are said to involve 20mg and 25mg doses, yet I haven't come across any findings or even teasers about them in any source.
 
Yes—it performs just as well as 20mg. (19.5)

Since May 10th, 2026, I haven't dropped a single pound.

That said, I overeat and I'm aware of it. So what's the takeaway here?

I've managed to lose 60lbs.
 
What's stopping someone from moving over to reta + elora, or else stacking elora on top of tirz at its max dose? Right now a gb has the elora kit priced at $170.
 
I came across some figures about GLP-1 overdose incidents in U.S. emergency rooms. Roughly 18,000 individuals in the past year, as best I recall. A lot of them injected the whole pen rather than splitting it into several doses. The problems were mainly gastrointestinal obstructions, gallbladder issues, and the like. A few ended up with lasting consequences (it's either death or losing your mind: I can say that from experience.../j)

When someone raises their dose, it usually comes down to 1 of 2 things: either it isn't doing anything, or it isn't doing enough quickly enough.

For the first scenario, the answer is straightforward: try something different. In my own case, Tirz wasn't delivering much, so I brought in Retatrutide. As it happens, the two work well together.

The second scenario is about impatience. That traces back to avidity. That constant sense of emptiness. What a coincidence!

If you're putting away a lot of food, it may be worth examining the wound that leaves you feeling empty.

Here's a technique: the gratitude journal. Each evening, jot down a few lines about what you noticed you received that day. It takes effect within 2-3 weeks. and it costs far less than seeing a therapist. And you don't have to punish yourself for what you got wrong.

(That'll be $100, but you can pay what you can /j)
 
If the plateau is genuine and shows up after more than 1 year of treatment, or if weight reduction is minimal alongside hunger that is hard to tolerate, then this approach can be justified.

How severe the obesity was to begin with matters somewhat, I believe, yet usually it would have to be a fairly significant issue for 15mg of tirz to have been insufficient. Still, broadly speaking, the obesity should have been severe enough that the uncertain added risks of high-dose or combination approaches are warranted.

The only trials at higher doses conducted so far involved semaglutide at 7.2mg and 16mg; each produced some additional weight loss, though not large amounts, and came with considerably more side effects. Crucially, however, no novel serious unexpected adverse effects emerged at those higher doses, and although that does not establish that higher-dose tirz is safe, it offers at least some reassurance.

Whether to move from 15mg to 20mg likely hinges on how things went when you went up from 10 to 15mg: if those step-ups helped you and did not trigger major side-effect problems, then a dose increase could be sensible.

If not, then adding elora or cagri is a reasonable option, though at low doses with gradual escalation, such as 0.25 of cagri or 1mg of elora. Cagri costs less; elora is very new and less is known about it, but it is probably more effective with fewer side effects, particularly at low doses of 3mg or below. At higher doses above 6mg, however, it also carries high rates of nausea and fatigue, up to about 50/50%, though somewhat better than high-dose cagri.
 
therealdlg said:

Hey there, fellow labrats...what would be the upside and downside of taking tirzepatide at 20 or even 25 MG per week? Has any research looked into this?🤔🤔🤔🤔
Here's how it goes for me: my intake isn't much beyond what it ought to be — only slightly. A near-constant queasy sensation has become my normal. Look at the photo to the left — that's not staged. I'm that stubborn. I'm the inverse of a bodybuilder. Additional fat is something I require. It serves as cushioning. It's there for immune purposes. These days I'm more limber and nimble. That's a plus. With age, not hauling around too much surplus weight is a good thing, but I have to be capable of absorbing falls. As I've mentioned previously, weight training isn't necessary in my case because of how I live. Bailing season is nearly here.
 
therealdlg said:

Hey there, fellow labrats...what would be the upside and downside of taking tirzepatide at 20 or even 25 MG per week? Has any research looked into this?🤔🤔🤔🤔

My weekly tirzepatide dose is 20mg. Like other people here have said, EL is running trials on larger tirzepatide doses, but nobody has said what those doses actually are, and to be honest I doubt they are 20mg and 25mg. Time will tell, though.

As far as downsides go, I can only come up with 2: 1) folks on GLP1Chat look at you like you are some kind of mutant, and 2) I have horns sprouting from my temples, which makes getting a t-shirt on harder.

On the plus side, I am still dropping weight 18 monhts in.
 
Back
Top