High Dose Semaglutide

druell235

Explorer
Joined
Sep 18, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle
Now that Wegovy HD is approved, I'm just wondering how many folks are using doses above 2.4? Do you increase gradually? I'm aware the wegovy pens go right to 7.2. Do you divide the dose? Do you combine it with other GLPs? To get ahead of these questions, yes I realize tirz and reta are superior. I can get them too. These questions are just for academic interest.
 
druell235 said:

Now that Wegovy HD is approved, I'm just wondering how many folks are using doses above 2.4? Do you increase gradually? I'm aware the wegovy pens go right to 7.2. Do you divide the dose? Do you combine it with other GLPs? To get ahead of these questions, yes I realize tirz and reta are superior. I can get them too. These questions are just for academic interest.
For roughly a year now, my husband has been looking into 2.4mg sema. Food noise and constantly snacking on junk are his main struggles, so he'd rather stick with sema than switch to a different GLP. Since his weight loss had plateaued (and it's been fairly slow anyway), he recently went up from 2.4mg to 4.8mg. He's found that this helps much more with his cravings for sweets and similar things, but the added constipation means he now takes a stool softener every day. I brought up trying split dosing to see whether that might ease things, though he hasn't tried it so far.
 
What I liked most about semaglutide was the sense of fullness it gave me. I'm thinking about starting sema once more, and I'd like to know how others manage a high dose. Thanks for posting!
 
At 7.2mg, the strength isn't as great as one might anticipate—though considering how potent Sema is for lots of individuals at 2.4mg, that would appear beyond what anyone could handle—since basically everyone reaches full GLP-1 receptor saturation somewhere in the range of 2.4mg to 7.2mg, and past that point, additional effects don't occur.

The reasoning went that non-responders possess, genetically, a far higher count of GLP-1 receptors, and how well it works hinges on the total fraction that gets agonized. It appears that 7.2mg suffices to guarantee that all individuals receive the highest GLP-1 dose that can be effective. At 7.2mg, there are no "non responders."
 
Before trials had produced much evidence, plenty of folks I know decided on their own to use larger amounts of sema and tirz, and the outcomes seem just as inconsistent as what the studies show. When it comes to every one of these GLP-1s, my feeling is that much of it ends up being about each person determining the amount that suits them, because the factors that differ between individuals are so numerous. Having higher doses approved certainly makes people more willing to give them a shot.
 
If “high dose Sema” is the solution, then I must have asked the wrong thing entirely.

I’d take 20mg/week of Reta every time.
 
GLiPtest said:

At 7.2mg, the strength isn't as great as one might anticipate—though considering how potent Sema is for lots of individuals at 2.4mg, that would appear beyond what anyone could handle—since basically everyone reaches full GLP-1 receptor saturation somewhere in the range of 2.4mg to 7.2mg, and past that point, additional effects don't occur.

The reasoning went that non-responders possess, genetically, a far higher count of GLP-1 receptors, and how well it works hinges on the total fraction that gets agonized. It appears that 7.2mg suffices to guarantee that all individuals receive the highest GLP-1 dose that can be effective. At 7.2mg, there are no "non responders."
Claiming nobody fails to respond at 7.2mg is absolute.

What led you to that definitive judgment?
 
I'd wonder whether taking sema at a high dose serves any real purpose, unless maybe you had an above-average response to it, then hit a plateau while still short of your goal weight, and experienced few side effects. In most cases, though, moving over to reta or tirz seems like the wiser choice, since on average those options produce greater weight loss with fewer side effects than sema does even at very high doses. The exception would be the uncommon scenario where tirz or reta led to poorer weight loss than sema — and there is 1 study that appeared to suggest that outcome was possible.
 
druell235 said:

Now that Wegovy HD is approved, I'm just wondering how many folks are using doses above 2.4? Do you increase gradually? I'm aware the wegovy pens go right to 7.2. Do you divide the dose? Do you combine it with other GLPs? To get ahead of these questions, yes I realize tirz and reta are superior. I can get them too. These questions are just for academic interest.
This is something I've been wondering about too. GLPs are a bit of an obsession for me, though Sema is one I've never actually used. Reta is my current go-to, I've done plenty of reading on tirz, and I figure I'll give it a shot at some point. Sema, on the other hand, I haven't come across much info about. Not many people seem to be on it. The general vibe seems to be that it's pointless when tirz is considered so much "better". But I keep thinking — for maintenance, maybe tirz or reta is overkill for certain people? Could low dose Sema work well as a tool for some? I might pick up a kit.
 
Shittersfull said:

druell235 said:

Now that Wegovy HD is approved, I'm just wondering how many folks are using doses above 2.4? Do you increase gradually? I'm aware the wegovy pens go right to 7.2. Do you divide the dose? Do you combine it with other GLPs? To get ahead of these questions, yes I realize tirz and reta are superior. I can get them too. These questions are just for academic interest.
This is something I've been wondering about too. GLPs are a bit of an obsession for me, though Sema is one I've never actually used. Reta is my current go-to, I've done plenty of reading on tirz, and I figure I'll give it a shot at some point. Sema, on the other hand, I haven't come across much info about. Not many people seem to be on it. The general vibe seems to be that it's pointless when tirz is considered so much "better". But I keep thinking — for maintenance, maybe tirz or reta is overkill for certain people? Could low dose Sema work well as a tool for some? I might pick up a kit.

I said "plenty" — I took some partly out of curiosity, and I stacked it with Reta to cut down food noise and appetite as well.

All in all, my GLP experience hasn't come with many side effects worth mentioning, though sema was definitely behind the worst one.

Between 6/11/2026 and 8/30/2026, I took 2.625mg across 19 doses. On 8/30 I added Tirz back into the stack, and since then I haven't taken Sema or skipped a dose. During those 11.3 weeks while stacked with Sema, I lost 27lb. Part of that is probably water coming off after I stopped taking supplemental creatine.

Super Trips said:

For a few weeks, I took 5mg on an every-other-day schedule, and I had no issues at all.

You were taking 17.5mg of Sema each week?
 
For 12 months I used ozempic at 0.22mg every other day (0.8mg weekly), since anything beyond 0.5mg felt awful. Throughout that period I dealt with nausea and malaise, until I fortunately came across grey GLPs. With tirz 15mg/reta 7mg/cagri0.5mg/week, my side effects are much reduced and appetite control is far stronger.
 
Back
Top