HGH Use: What Kind of Blood Sugar Rise Do You See?

Riviera

Explorer
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario Canada
Alright — I’m close to 60, and I’ve been on 191aa for roughly 5 weeks. I began with 1iu around 7am, and it wiped out the awful fatigue I’d been dealing with for the past several years. Before starting, I had my testosterone tested and it was very good for my age. I think I may have aghd, though my doctor hasn’t tested for it — hgh just seemed easy enough and low-risk enough to try at 1iu for the first time, and it helped a lot.

Over time I’ve moved up slowly to 2.5 iu/day, taken right after waking.

I’m aware hgh can change bs, so I recently got a glucose meter and started checking my bs first thing before my hgh shot.

My readings are fine — usually 4.9-5.6 mmol/L. This morning at 7am it was 5.6, right when I woke and before my 2.5 iu hgh pin.

So I did my 2.5iu pin at 7am (I also pinned some ghk-cu and ss-31 right after) and went back to sleep — hey, it’s Sunday — slept 2.5 hours, then checked bs again on waking with no breakfast. I figured it would be up, but it was 5.6 again exactly.

So either hgh barely affects me, or maybe my hgh is bunk, though that seems unlikely.

I’m curious about this, and I’m thinking of doing the same thing tomorrow but with a 5iu dose, to see whether the bs readings change at all.

I also have another hgh brand I could run the same test on, just to rule out bunk hgh.

I know the gold standard for figuring out hgh dosing is checking IGF-1 — I’m in Canada, so I’ll probably have to pay out of pocket, and I haven’t done it yet; it’s on my list. I know too much hgh can cause acromegaly and other complications — I don’t want to get into that in this thread, so please let’s avoid it. I’m using hgh mainly to fix my fatigue and for youthfulness (if you’re older like me, that’s the main goal, right?) — and so far it’s worked very well for that. I have no plans to jump to 8+ iu and run that for bodybuilding… and even if I did, it would be intermittent.

I should add that I’ve been on reta for the last 3 months — down almost 30lb — currently at 5mg and 240lb. I was in the prediabetic range before reta.

I should also add that I’ve had no side effects from my hgh — no carpal tunnel, no joint stiffness or soreness — nada, zip, zero, zilch…

Last thing: before hgh I tried cjc/ipam for about 5 weeks (yes, fasted right before bed). It made a small dent in my fatigue, but after the 5th week with no breaks I became sensitized to it and the fatigue came back fully. So I stopped, took a week off, and tried hgh with amazing success.

I’m curious whether anyone else has checked their bs readings and seen a spike from hgh pinning — if so, at what dosage and what was the bs change?

If you want to chime in on anything above, please do — I’m still very much learning. Thank-You!!
 
At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
 
Calm Logic said:

At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
Growth hormone won’t give you cancer. As long as cancer isn’t already present, there’s no reason for concern. In my view, staying on GH is the smarter choice—just keep an eye on your overall health.
 
Redz said:

Calm Logic said:

At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
Growth hormone won’t give you cancer. As long as cancer isn’t already present, there’s no reason for concern. In my view, staying on GH is the smarter choice—just keep an eye on your overall health.


Research involving nearly 400,000 people confirms elevated IGF-1 levels in the blood raise the risk for multiple cancer types
 
Calm Logic said:

Redz said:

Calm Logic said:

At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
Growth hormone won’t give you cancer. As long as cancer isn’t already present, there’s no reason for concern. In my view, staying on GH is the smarter choice—just keep an eye on your overall health.


Research involving nearly 400,000 people confirms elevated IGF-1 levels in the blood raise the risk for multiple cancer types
Appreciate you jumping in @Calm Logic - I've gone through some of your other contributions - the depth of your knowledge and experience, plus your post and like counts, means I hold you in the highest regard, my fellow glp1'er.

I went through the piece you linked - thanks for sharing it - it mentioned that 5.9% of people ended up developing malignant cancer....to me that doesn't look like an unusually high figure compared to what you'd expect in the general population - if it had been 10 or 20% then sure...I'm not an expert and haven't looked into cancer vs igf-1 levels myself -- I do have a statistics and outliers background though - so I grasp this somewhat. I'll stay watchful as I dig deeper.

Once more - it would help to avoid diving into the ins and outs of hgh here - since that could swallow the whole thread - though it would make a solid subject for a separate thread.

You said your bs levels stayed unaffected - were glp1's part of your regimen back then ? And how much hgh were you taking at that point ??
 
Riviera said:

Calm Logic said:

Redz said:

Calm Logic said:

At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
Growth hormone won’t give you cancer. As long as cancer isn’t already present, there’s no reason for concern. In my view, staying on GH is the smarter choice—just keep an eye on your overall health.


Research involving nearly 400,000 people confirms elevated IGF-1 levels in the blood raise the risk for multiple cancer types
Appreciate you jumping in @Calm Logic - I've gone through some of your other contributions - the depth of your knowledge and experience, plus your post and like counts, means I hold you in the highest regard, my fellow glp1'er.

I went through the piece you linked - thanks for sharing it - it mentioned that 5.9% of people ended up developing malignant cancer....to me that doesn't look like an unusually high figure compared to what you'd expect in the general population - if it had been 10 or 20% then sure...I'm not an expert and haven't looked into cancer vs igf-1 levels myself -- I do have a statistics and outliers background though - so I grasp this somewhat. I'll stay watchful as I dig deeper.

Once more - it would help to avoid diving into the ins and outs of hgh here - since that could swallow the whole thread - though it would make a solid subject for a separate thread.

You said your bs levels stayed unaffected - were glp1's part of your regimen back then ? And how much hgh were you taking at that point ??
I'm on 5+ mg of tirzepatide along with 2 iu of HGH. My HGH runs haven't been long, though—weeks rather than months each time.

There's another wrinkle: at times I added Jardiance on top of a GLP. My thinking was that it could reduce fluid buildup and also assist with glucose control during HGH and other GH peptide use. Looking back, adding Jardiance was likely too much given how many medications were already in the mix.
 
Redz said:

Calm Logic said:

At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
Growth hormone won’t give you cancer. As long as cancer isn’t already present, there’s no reason for concern. In my view, staying on GH is the smarter choice—just keep an eye on your overall health.

What makes you certain a cancer isn't already developing? Higher IGF-1 has a clear link to quicker progression and higher death rates across many cancer types. When levels go beyond what the body normally produces — as happens in acromegaly and with rHGH abuse — cancer risk climbs by multiples, 2.5-4.5x versus normal IGF-1 levels, with colorectal cancer standing out. Cancer therapies often aim directly at IGF-1 blockers.

The rationalizations people make about this are astonishing.

“I’ve never heard of anyone getting cancer from GH.”

1. How many people publicly announce a cancer diagnosis?

2. How many people know what caused it?

Doctor Thomas O’Conner, “The Anabolic Doc”, has treated more bodybuilders using illicit rHGH than anyone else. He has noted that his patients appear to develop more unusual cancers than the general population, and although causation can't be proven — it could simply be coincidence — every GH user ends up carrying the heavy weight of suspecting it played a role…
 
GLiPtest said:

Redz said:

Calm Logic said:

At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
Growth hormone won’t give you cancer. As long as cancer isn’t already present, there’s no reason for concern. In my view, staying on GH is the smarter choice—just keep an eye on your overall health.

What makes you certain a cancer isn't already developing? Higher IGF-1 has a clear link to quicker progression and higher death rates across many cancer types. When levels go beyond what the body normally produces — as happens in acromegaly and with rHGH abuse — cancer risk climbs by multiples, 2.5-4.5x versus normal IGF-1 levels, with colorectal cancer standing out. Cancer therapies often aim directly at IGF-1 blockers.

The rationalizations people make about this are astonishing.

“I’ve never heard of anyone getting cancer from GH.”

1. How many people publicly announce a cancer diagnosis?

2. How many people know what caused it?

Doctor Thomas O’Conner, “The Anabolic Doc”, has treated more bodybuilders using illicit rHGH than anyone else. He has noted that his patients appear to develop more unusual cancers than the general population, and although causation can't be proven — it could simply be coincidence — every GH user ends up carrying the heavy weight of suspecting it played a role…
Given how you're thinking, peptides probably aren't for you. The harm from the COVID vaccine dwarfs anything gh or steroids could do.



I never told anyone to neglect their health. I do blood work and checkups on a regular basis. As long as cancer isn't present, you'll be okay.
 
GLiPtest said:

Redz said:

Calm Logic said:

At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
Growth hormone won’t give you cancer. As long as cancer isn’t already present, there’s no reason for concern. In my view, staying on GH is the smarter choice—just keep an eye on your overall health.

What makes you certain a cancer isn't already developing? Higher IGF-1 has a clear link to quicker progression and higher death rates across many cancer types. When levels go beyond what the body normally produces — as happens in acromegaly and with rHGH abuse — cancer risk climbs by multiples, 2.5-4.5x versus normal IGF-1 levels, with colorectal cancer standing out. Cancer therapies often aim directly at IGF-1 blockers.

The rationalizations people make about this are astonishing.

“I’ve never heard of anyone getting cancer from GH.”

1. How many people publicly announce a cancer diagnosis?

2. How many people know what caused it?

Doctor Thomas O’Conner, “The Anabolic Doc”, has treated more bodybuilders using illicit rHGH than anyone else. He has noted that his patients appear to develop more unusual cancers than the general population, and although causation can't be proven — it could simply be coincidence — every GH user ends up carrying the heavy weight of suspecting it played a role…
AAS occupies a separate sphere of its own — it sits above and apart from hgh, even though the 2 run along parallel tracks — and I'm aware that we have aas users on here whose expertise in this area runs deep — and on that front I'll happily defer to them.

It would be much appreciated if we could keep this thread focused — and save the hgh & IGF-1 complications for a different occasion

Thanks guys !
 
I've been on 3iu for 60 days now. After 2 weeks I got labs drawn. Insulin and BL were both within normal range. I'll get another round done this week. Feeling great. The last of my love handles and lower belly fat have melted off. Much less of a strain than the Tesa cycles I did in Fall and Winter. I was happy when those Tesa cycles ended. As long as my bloods come back fine, I'd like to keep this HGH cycle going.
 
chewonmysac said:

I've been on 3iu for 60 days now. After 2 weeks I got labs drawn. Insulin and BL were both within normal range. I'll get another round done this week. Feeling great. The last of my love handles and lower belly fat have melted off. Much less of a strain than the Tesa cycles I did in Fall and Winter. I was happy when those Tesa cycles ended. As long as my bloods come back fine, I'd like to keep this HGH cycle going.
Appreciate the response @chewonmysac - That seems reasonable - 3iu isn't a high amount - keep us posted on your bloodwork results once they come in !

Are you noticing any hgh side effects ? Also, what time of day do you dose it ?
 
Riviera said:

Alright — I’m close to 60, and I’ve been on 191aa for roughly 5 weeks. I began with 1iu around 7am, and it wiped out the awful fatigue I’d been dealing with for the past several years. Before starting, I had my testosterone tested and it was very good for my age. I think I may have aghd, though my doctor hasn’t tested for it — hgh just seemed easy enough and low-risk enough to try at 1iu for the first time, and it helped a lot.

Over time I’ve moved up slowly to 2.5 iu/day, taken right after waking.

I’m aware hgh can change bs, so I recently got a glucose meter and started checking my bs first thing before my hgh shot.

My readings are fine — usually 4.9-5.6 mmol/L. This morning at 7am it was 5.6, right when I woke and before my 2.5 iu hgh pin.

So I did my 2.5iu pin at 7am (I also pinned some ghk-cu and ss-31 right after) and went back to sleep — hey, it’s Sunday — slept 2.5 hours, then checked bs again on waking with no breakfast. I figured it would be up, but it was 5.6 again exactly.

So either hgh barely affects me, or maybe my hgh is bunk, though that seems unlikely.

I’m curious about this, and I’m thinking of doing the same thing tomorrow but with a 5iu dose, to see whether the bs readings change at all.

I also have another hgh brand I could run the same test on, just to rule out bunk hgh.

I know the gold standard for figuring out hgh dosing is checking IGF-1 — I’m in Canada, so I’ll probably have to pay out of pocket, and I haven’t done it yet; it’s on my list. I know too much hgh can cause acromegaly and other complications — I don’t want to get into that in this thread, so please let’s avoid it. I’m using hgh mainly to fix my fatigue and for youthfulness (if you’re older like me, that’s the main goal, right?) — and so far it’s worked very well for that. I have no plans to jump to 8+ iu and run that for bodybuilding… and even if I did, it would be intermittent.

I should add that I’ve been on reta for the last 3 months — down almost 30lb — currently at 5mg and 240lb. I was in the prediabetic range before reta.

I should also add that I’ve had no side effects from my hgh — no carpal tunnel, no joint stiffness or soreness — nada, zip, zero, zilch…

Last thing: before hgh I tried cjc/ipam for about 5 weeks (yes, fasted right before bed). It made a small dent in my fatigue, but after the 5th week with no breaks I became sensitized to it and the fatigue came back fully. So I stopped, took a week off, and tried hgh with amazing success.

I’m curious whether anyone else has checked their bs readings and seen a spike from hgh pinning — if so, at what dosage and what was the bs change?

If you want to chime in on anything above, please do — I’m still very much learning. Thank-You!!
For me, the increase happened only at the start; by week 6, it had returned to baseline.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Riviera said:

Alright — I’m close to 60, and I’ve been on 191aa for roughly 5 weeks. I began with 1iu around 7am, and it wiped out the awful fatigue I’d been dealing with for the past several years. Before starting, I had my testosterone tested and it was very good for my age. I think I may have aghd, though my doctor hasn’t tested for it — hgh just seemed easy enough and low-risk enough to try at 1iu for the first time, and it helped a lot.

Over time I’ve moved up slowly to 2.5 iu/day, taken right after waking.

I’m aware hgh can change bs, so I recently got a glucose meter and started checking my bs first thing before my hgh shot.

My readings are fine — usually 4.9-5.6 mmol/L. This morning at 7am it was 5.6, right when I woke and before my 2.5 iu hgh pin.

So I did my 2.5iu pin at 7am (I also pinned some ghk-cu and ss-31 right after) and went back to sleep — hey, it’s Sunday — slept 2.5 hours, then checked bs again on waking with no breakfast. I figured it would be up, but it was 5.6 again exactly.

So either hgh barely affects me, or maybe my hgh is bunk, though that seems unlikely.

I’m curious about this, and I’m thinking of doing the same thing tomorrow but with a 5iu dose, to see whether the bs readings change at all.

I also have another hgh brand I could run the same test on, just to rule out bunk hgh.

I know the gold standard for figuring out hgh dosing is checking IGF-1 — I’m in Canada, so I’ll probably have to pay out of pocket, and I haven’t done it yet; it’s on my list. I know too much hgh can cause acromegaly and other complications — I don’t want to get into that in this thread, so please let’s avoid it. I’m using hgh mainly to fix my fatigue and for youthfulness (if you’re older like me, that’s the main goal, right?) — and so far it’s worked very well for that. I have no plans to jump to 8+ iu and run that for bodybuilding… and even if I did, it would be intermittent.

I should add that I’ve been on reta for the last 3 months — down almost 30lb — currently at 5mg and 240lb. I was in the prediabetic range before reta.

I should also add that I’ve had no side effects from my hgh — no carpal tunnel, no joint stiffness or soreness — nada, zip, zero, zilch…

Last thing: before hgh I tried cjc/ipam for about 5 weeks (yes, fasted right before bed). It made a small dent in my fatigue, but after the 5th week with no breaks I became sensitized to it and the fatigue came back fully. So I stopped, took a week off, and tried hgh with amazing success.

I’m curious whether anyone else has checked their bs readings and seen a spike from hgh pinning — if so, at what dosage and what was the bs change?

If you want to chime in on anything above, please do — I’m still very much learning. Thank-You!!
For me, the increase happened only at the start; by week 6, it had returned to baseline.
Appreciate you sharing your experience @CNCCurrency So it was just a slight bump?

Really curious that bs returned to baseline. Is that something a lot of people see ?

What was your daily iu amount?
 
Based on what I've come across, the "spike" that gets mentioned tends to be a brief acute rise lasting a few hours post-injection, not a sustained elevation throughout the day, and it appears fairly dose-dependent in the 2–3iu range. Taking it in the morning may skew a fasting fingerstick higher since you're capturing that window; moving the dose to bedtime frequently improves the morning reading. Since you're already using reta, which generally helps keep glucose more stable, a consistent 5.6 at 2.5iu isn't unusual.
 
Redz said:

GLiPtest said:

Redz said:

Calm Logic said:

At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
Growth hormone won’t give you cancer. As long as cancer isn’t already present, there’s no reason for concern. In my view, staying on GH is the smarter choice—just keep an eye on your overall health.

What makes you certain a cancer isn't already developing? Higher IGF-1 has a clear link to quicker progression and higher death rates across many cancer types. When levels go beyond what the body normally produces — as happens in acromegaly and with rHGH abuse — cancer risk climbs by multiples, 2.5-4.5x versus normal IGF-1 levels, with colorectal cancer standing out. Cancer therapies often aim directly at IGF-1 blockers.

The rationalizations people make about this are astonishing.

“I’ve never heard of anyone getting cancer from GH.”

1. How many people publicly announce a cancer diagnosis?

2. How many people know what caused it?

Doctor Thomas O’Conner, “The Anabolic Doc”, has treated more bodybuilders using illicit rHGH than anyone else. He has noted that his patients appear to develop more unusual cancers than the general population, and although causation can't be proven — it could simply be coincidence — every GH user ends up carrying the heavy weight of suspecting it played a role…
Given how you're thinking, peptides probably aren't for you. The harm from the COVID vaccine dwarfs anything gh or steroids could do.



I never told anyone to neglect their health. I do blood work and checkups on a regular basis. As long as cancer isn't present, you'll be okay.
It could be. Correlation doesn't equal causation, sure, but the link is quite robust for prostate, breast, colon, and thyroid cancer. When it comes to something like long-term HGH use and future cancer risk, no lab test exists that will reassure you that "you'll be fine." Yet the obvious worry gets brushed aside in bro science: cancer is uncontrolled growth, and the word growth is right there in HGH.

At the same time, whatever benefits HGH offers are up for debate, particularly since so many of these bros are simultaneously running reta and/or steroids while crediting HGH. That makes the risk-benefit picture pretty poor next to TRT. Testosterone gets used solo by plenty of people, but virtually nobody runs HGH alone. The way I see it, for the bros on HGH, testosterone and GLPs are carrying most of the load, recovery included. HGH at best is the cherry on top.

GH peptides, though, are a win for the lab companies, since IGF-1 has to be tested and ideally fasting insulin, A1C, and fasting blood glucose too.
 
Riviera said:

chewonmysac said:

I've been on 3iu for 60 days now. After 2 weeks I got labs drawn. Insulin and BL were both within normal range. I'll get another round done this week. Feeling great. The last of my love handles and lower belly fat have melted off. Much less of a strain than the Tesa cycles I did in Fall and Winter. I was happy when those Tesa cycles ended. As long as my bloods come back fine, I'd like to keep this HGH cycle going.
Appreciate the response @chewonmysac - That seems reasonable - 3iu isn't a high amount - keep us posted on your bloodwork results once they come in !

Are you noticing any hgh side effects ? Also, what time of day do you dose it ?
I train at the gym 2 hrs after waking, on an empty stomach at 5 AM. A bit of carpal tunnel shows up, though it goes away the moment I begin lifting. You have to keep that water moving.
 
If your fatigue has improved that much, what's the point of changing the dose? It's doing its job.

To me, raising the dose only to check whether blood sugar goes up sounds like asking for trouble???

Quit overanalyzing it. If you feel better, then you are better. Get some blood work done soon as a safety check and take pleasure in feeling better in the meantime.
 
Calm Logic said:

Redz said:

GLiPtest said:

Redz said:

Calm Logic said:

At Labcorp, my fasting insulin and blood glucose appeared unchanged, though as you mentioned, we're both using GLPs.

What worried me more about using it over the long term was things like prostate cancer. That's why I quit HGH regardless.
Growth hormone won’t give you cancer. As long as cancer isn’t already present, there’s no reason for concern. In my view, staying on GH is the smarter choice—just keep an eye on your overall health.

What makes you certain a cancer isn't already developing? Higher IGF-1 has a clear link to quicker progression and higher death rates across many cancer types. When levels go beyond what the body normally produces — as happens in acromegaly and with rHGH abuse — cancer risk climbs by multiples, 2.5-4.5x versus normal IGF-1 levels, with colorectal cancer standing out. Cancer therapies often aim directly at IGF-1 blockers.

The rationalizations people make about this are astonishing.

“I’ve never heard of anyone getting cancer from GH.”

1. How many people publicly announce a cancer diagnosis?

2. How many people know what caused it?

Doctor Thomas O’Conner, “The Anabolic Doc”, has treated more bodybuilders using illicit rHGH than anyone else. He has noted that his patients appear to develop more unusual cancers than the general population, and although causation can't be proven — it could simply be coincidence — every GH user ends up carrying the heavy weight of suspecting it played a role…
Given how you're thinking, peptides probably aren't for you. The harm from the COVID vaccine dwarfs anything gh or steroids could do.



I never told anyone to neglect their health. I do blood work and checkups on a regular basis. As long as cancer isn't present, you'll be okay.
It could be. Correlation doesn't equal causation, sure, but the link is quite robust for prostate, breast, colon, and thyroid cancer. When it comes to something like long-term HGH use and future cancer risk, no lab test exists that will reassure you that "you'll be fine." Yet the obvious worry gets brushed aside in bro science: cancer is uncontrolled growth, and the word growth is right there in HGH.

At the same time, whatever benefits HGH offers are up for debate, particularly since so many of these bros are simultaneously running reta and/or steroids while crediting HGH. That makes the risk-benefit picture pretty poor next to TRT. Testosterone gets used solo by plenty of people, but virtually nobody runs HGH alone. The way I see it, for the bros on HGH, testosterone and GLPs are carrying most of the load, recovery included. HGH at best is the cherry on top.

GH peptides, though, are a win for the lab companies, since IGF-1 has to be tested and ideally fasting insulin, A1C, and fasting blood glucose too.
The effects of Gh are thoroughly documented…I have used it for years, and the recovery advantages are enormous. Over time, it takes muscle growth and strength to another level. Yes, it only produces obvious results in the most committed users. It lets you go much farther. I have trained more than 75 days straight, 2-3 hours every day. Without Gh, that does not happen. I always lift very heavy and hard.

What you are saying has no foundation. You are simply speculating, with no causation and nothing at all supporting your claim.
 
Back
Top