HGH use linked to much weaker Reta appetite suppression?

Don

Explorer
Joined
Apr 30, 2026
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
Hey everyone,

Something odd is going on with my Reta experience, and I wanted to check whether others have run into the same thing

When I was on about 4mg of Reta, appetite blunting was still working well for me. It didn’t wipe out my appetite entirely, but cravings stayed manageable. Digestion is definitely still slowed down, since I fill up super quickly, almost like right after a huge buffet. As for the glucagon side, that’s tough to gauge just by feel unless u look at bloodwork before and after, though that’s a separate discussion

Roughly 3–4 weeks back, I added HGH at about 2–3 IU per day. In the beginning, appetite didn’t seem any different, particularly since I had bumped up my Reta dose too. Prior to that, even 3.5mg was doing the job nicely, similar to how 1mg felt when I first started

Lately though, even above 4mg weekly, the hunger suppression is barely noticeable compared with before. It’s almost as if HGH could be counteracting the GLP-1 somehow

After looking into it, I saw that HGH may raise ghrelin, which is essentially the hunger hormone. So I’m left wondering whether HGH and GLP-1s might clash in a way that makes appetite suppression clearly weaker

Before starting HGH, I rarely felt hungry after workouts. These days I do feel like eating again once training is done. On top of that, my late-night cravings, which used to be a major problem before Reta, appear to be creeping back somewhat

So I’d like to know

If any of u have combined GLP-1s with HGH, did your hunger or cravings shift at all? Did HGH blunt the appetite suppression for u, or did nothing change?
 
I take 4iu every day as well, and my reta appetite suppression hasn't been impacted.

Might be time to move up to 5mg or 6 mg before long !
 
Don said:

Hey everyone,

Something odd is going on with my Reta experience, and I wanted to check whether others have run into the same thing

When I was on about 4mg of Reta, appetite blunting was still working well for me. It didn’t wipe out my appetite entirely, but cravings stayed manageable. Digestion is definitely still slowed down, since I fill up super quickly, almost like right after a huge buffet. As for the glucagon side, that’s tough to gauge just by feel unless u look at bloodwork before and after, though that’s a separate discussion

Roughly 3–4 weeks back, I added HGH at about 2–3 IU per day. In the beginning, appetite didn’t seem any different, particularly since I had bumped up my Reta dose too. Prior to that, even 3.5mg was doing the job nicely, similar to how 1mg felt when I first started

Lately though, even above 4mg weekly, the hunger suppression is barely noticeable compared with before. It’s almost as if HGH could be counteracting the GLP-1 somehow

After looking into it, I saw that HGH may raise ghrelin, which is essentially the hunger hormone. So I’m left wondering whether HGH and GLP-1s might clash in a way that makes appetite suppression clearly weaker

Before starting HGH, I rarely felt hungry after workouts. These days I do feel like eating again once training is done. On top of that, my late-night cravings, which used to be a major problem before Reta, appear to be creeping back somewhat

So I’d like to know

If any of u have combined GLP-1s with HGH, did your hunger or cravings shift at all? Did HGH blunt the appetite suppression for u, or did nothing change?
My injection happens in the morning, and by roughly hour 3 the hunger becomes excessive — that's when I schedule my mid day meal. Once that's done, I don't feel hungry for the remainder of the day. So yes
 
Don said:

Hey everyone,

Something odd is going on with my Reta experience, and I wanted to check whether others have run into the same thing

When I was on about 4mg of Reta, appetite blunting was still working well for me. It didn’t wipe out my appetite entirely, but cravings stayed manageable. Digestion is definitely still slowed down, since I fill up super quickly, almost like right after a huge buffet. As for the glucagon side, that’s tough to gauge just by feel unless u look at bloodwork before and after, though that’s a separate discussion

Roughly 3–4 weeks back, I added HGH at about 2–3 IU per day. In the beginning, appetite didn’t seem any different, particularly since I had bumped up my Reta dose too. Prior to that, even 3.5mg was doing the job nicely, similar to how 1mg felt when I first started

Lately though, even above 4mg weekly, the hunger suppression is barely noticeable compared with before. It’s almost as if HGH could be counteracting the GLP-1 somehow

After looking into it, I saw that HGH may raise ghrelin, which is essentially the hunger hormone. So I’m left wondering whether HGH and GLP-1s might clash in a way that makes appetite suppression clearly weaker

Before starting HGH, I rarely felt hungry after workouts. These days I do feel like eating again once training is done. On top of that, my late-night cravings, which used to be a major problem before Reta, appear to be creeping back somewhat

So I’d like to know

If any of u have combined GLP-1s with HGH, did your hunger or cravings shift at all? Did HGH blunt the appetite suppression for u, or did nothing change?
When IGF1 is stimulated, a rise in hunger is both typical and anticipated.
 
And Zippity ought to feel proud. There was plenty I felt like saying to that guy, but I just paid his sorry ass no mind instead. Geez, I'm proud of myself 😅😂😅💩
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:


Obviously the reta since hgh can trigger hunger. I didn't get here yesterday like this yahoo.

Click to expand...
Testy??



845c1d4428e118a0d31d6318692f942579e6ae47be6bbe61fdac066df34076a8.gif
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

And Zippity ought to feel proud. There was plenty I felt like saying to that guy, but I just paid his sorry ass no mind instead. Geez, I'm proud of myself 😅😂😅💩
What I asked had nothing to do with how much Reta I’m taking

I never wanted advice on raising, lowering, or altering my protocol. The topic I raised centered entirely on how HGH and Reta interact when it comes to hunger, cravings, and the drop in appetite suppression

The real thing I wanted answered was: “For those of u who have stacked GLP-1s with HGH, did u notice any change in hunger or cravings? Did HGH reduce the appetite suppression for u, or was it no different?”

So replying with nothing but “Yep, ur dose is too low” doesn’t help me and isn’t what I was after. What I’m interested in is firsthand experience with that particular HGH + GLP-1 interaction, not broad dosing tips
 
CNCCurrency said:

Don said:

Hey everyone,

Something odd is going on with my Reta experience, and I wanted to check whether others have run into the same thing

When I was on about 4mg of Reta, appetite blunting was still working well for me. It didn’t wipe out my appetite entirely, but cravings stayed manageable. Digestion is definitely still slowed down, since I fill up super quickly, almost like right after a huge buffet. As for the glucagon side, that’s tough to gauge just by feel unless u look at bloodwork before and after, though that’s a separate discussion

Roughly 3–4 weeks back, I added HGH at about 2–3 IU per day. In the beginning, appetite didn’t seem any different, particularly since I had bumped up my Reta dose too. Prior to that, even 3.5mg was doing the job nicely, similar to how 1mg felt when I first started

Lately though, even above 4mg weekly, the hunger suppression is barely noticeable compared with before. It’s almost as if HGH could be counteracting the GLP-1 somehow

After looking into it, I saw that HGH may raise ghrelin, which is essentially the hunger hormone. So I’m left wondering whether HGH and GLP-1s might clash in a way that makes appetite suppression clearly weaker

Before starting HGH, I rarely felt hungry after workouts. These days I do feel like eating again once training is done. On top of that, my late-night cravings, which used to be a major problem before Reta, appear to be creeping back somewhat

So I’d like to know

If any of u have combined GLP-1s with HGH, did your hunger or cravings shift at all? Did HGH blunt the appetite suppression for u, or did nothing change?
My injection happens in the morning, and by roughly hour 3 the hunger becomes excessive — that's when I schedule my mid day meal. Once that's done, I don't feel hungry for the remainder of the day. So yes
I typically inject before bed at night, so I can't really report feeling hungry several hours after pinning
 
Reports from users don't point one way. For me, though, it triggered intense hunger and basically cancelled out reta's effect until I pushed the dose way higher. These days I've thrown sema into the mix just to cope.

Based on what I've read from others, my guess is this: people who struggle to gain weight tend to report appetite staying the same, whereas those who used to be heavy tend to report their appetite going up.
 
Don said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

And Zippity ought to feel proud. There was plenty I felt like saying to that guy, but I just paid his sorry ass no mind instead. Geez, I'm proud of myself 😅😂😅💩
What I asked had nothing to do with how much Reta I’m taking

I never wanted advice on raising, lowering, or altering my protocol. The topic I raised centered entirely on how HGH and Reta interact when it comes to hunger, cravings, and the drop in appetite suppression

The real thing I wanted answered was: “For those of u who have stacked GLP-1s with HGH, did u notice any change in hunger or cravings? Did HGH reduce the appetite suppression for u, or was it no different?”

So replying with nothing but “Yep, ur dose is too low” doesn’t help me and isn’t what I was after. What I’m interested in is firsthand experience with that particular HGH + GLP-1 interaction, not broad dosing tips
It's worth checking your fasting insulin periodically. Even if fasting glucose and A1C appear fine, fasting insulin can rise substantially. That pattern typically points to early insulin resistance, and suggests reducing your gh dose.
 
Don said:

CNCCurrency said:

Don said:

Hey everyone,

Something odd is going on with my Reta experience, and I wanted to check whether others have run into the same thing

When I was on about 4mg of Reta, appetite blunting was still working well for me. It didn’t wipe out my appetite entirely, but cravings stayed manageable. Digestion is definitely still slowed down, since I fill up super quickly, almost like right after a huge buffet. As for the glucagon side, that’s tough to gauge just by feel unless u look at bloodwork before and after, though that’s a separate discussion

Roughly 3–4 weeks back, I added HGH at about 2–3 IU per day. In the beginning, appetite didn’t seem any different, particularly since I had bumped up my Reta dose too. Prior to that, even 3.5mg was doing the job nicely, similar to how 1mg felt when I first started

Lately though, even above 4mg weekly, the hunger suppression is barely noticeable compared with before. It’s almost as if HGH could be counteracting the GLP-1 somehow

After looking into it, I saw that HGH may raise ghrelin, which is essentially the hunger hormone. So I’m left wondering whether HGH and GLP-1s might clash in a way that makes appetite suppression clearly weaker

Before starting HGH, I rarely felt hungry after workouts. These days I do feel like eating again once training is done. On top of that, my late-night cravings, which used to be a major problem before Reta, appear to be creeping back somewhat

So I’d like to know

If any of u have combined GLP-1s with HGH, did your hunger or cravings shift at all? Did HGH blunt the appetite suppression for u, or did nothing change?
My injection happens in the morning, and by roughly hour 3 the hunger becomes excessive — that's when I schedule my mid day meal. Once that's done, I don't feel hungry for the remainder of the day. So yes
I typically inject before bed at night, so I can't really report feeling hungry several hours after pinning
Growth hormone makes you hungry since it needs additional fuel to build muscle. I ran reta for 2 weeks and quit due to side effects. While on reta, though, my appetite went up. For me, tirz suppresses hunger more effectively. My preference is to inject in the morning and then eat just 2 olives, a small piece of cheese, or nothing at all. The first wave of hunger should be ignored. I don't feed my monster, and it feeds itself from leftover fat. A few hours later I eat. But can not eat too much When I split the dose, I felt hungry all day long. Morning injections have made a difference. I'm still dropping weight on a 2mg/week tirz maintenance dose plus 350mcg ipa+cjc no dac. Over the past two weeks I lost 2 kgs and am adding muscle with some exercise.
 
skaylife said:

Don said:

CNCCurrency said:

Don said:

Hey everyone,

Something odd is going on with my Reta experience, and I wanted to check whether others have run into the same thing

When I was on about 4mg of Reta, appetite blunting was still working well for me. It didn’t wipe out my appetite entirely, but cravings stayed manageable. Digestion is definitely still slowed down, since I fill up super quickly, almost like right after a huge buffet. As for the glucagon side, that’s tough to gauge just by feel unless u look at bloodwork before and after, though that’s a separate discussion

Roughly 3–4 weeks back, I added HGH at about 2–3 IU per day. In the beginning, appetite didn’t seem any different, particularly since I had bumped up my Reta dose too. Prior to that, even 3.5mg was doing the job nicely, similar to how 1mg felt when I first started

Lately though, even above 4mg weekly, the hunger suppression is barely noticeable compared with before. It’s almost as if HGH could be counteracting the GLP-1 somehow

After looking into it, I saw that HGH may raise ghrelin, which is essentially the hunger hormone. So I’m left wondering whether HGH and GLP-1s might clash in a way that makes appetite suppression clearly weaker

Before starting HGH, I rarely felt hungry after workouts. These days I do feel like eating again once training is done. On top of that, my late-night cravings, which used to be a major problem before Reta, appear to be creeping back somewhat

So I’d like to know

If any of u have combined GLP-1s with HGH, did your hunger or cravings shift at all? Did HGH blunt the appetite suppression for u, or did nothing change?
My injection happens in the morning, and by roughly hour 3 the hunger becomes excessive — that's when I schedule my mid day meal. Once that's done, I don't feel hungry for the remainder of the day. So yes
I typically inject before bed at night, so I can't really report feeling hungry several hours after pinning
Growth hormone makes you hungry since it needs additional fuel to build muscle. I ran reta for 2 weeks and quit due to side effects. While on reta, though, my appetite went up. For me, tirz suppresses hunger more effectively. My preference is to inject in the morning and then eat just 2 olives, a small piece of cheese, or nothing at all. The first wave of hunger should be ignored. I don't feed my monster, and it feeds itself from leftover fat. A few hours later I eat. But can not eat too much When I split the dose, I felt hungry all day long. Morning injections have made a difference. I'm still dropping weight on a 2mg/week tirz maintenance dose plus 350mcg ipa+cjc no dac. Over the past two weeks I lost 2 kgs and am adding muscle with some exercise.
This/\
 
Habibibi said:

Don said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

And Zippity ought to feel proud. There was plenty I felt like saying to that guy, but I just paid his sorry ass no mind instead. Geez, I'm proud of myself 😅😂😅💩
What I asked had nothing to do with how much Reta I’m taking

I never wanted advice on raising, lowering, or altering my protocol. The topic I raised centered entirely on how HGH and Reta interact when it comes to hunger, cravings, and the drop in appetite suppression

The real thing I wanted answered was: “For those of u who have stacked GLP-1s with HGH, did u notice any change in hunger or cravings? Did HGH reduce the appetite suppression for u, or was it no different?”

So replying with nothing but “Yep, ur dose is too low” doesn’t help me and isn’t what I was after. What I’m interested in is firsthand experience with that particular HGH + GLP-1 interaction, not broad dosing tips
It's worth checking your fasting insulin periodically. Even if fasting glucose and A1C appear fine, fasting insulin can rise substantially. That pattern typically points to early insulin resistance, and suggests reducing your gh dose.
Haven’t had labs done in a bit, so I really ought to get bloodwork. My body fat is low and I’m definitely insulin sensitive. Carbs only go in around training sessions, I lift 5–6 days per week, and my GH doses aren’t high. Pinning happens solely at night, roughly 2–3 hours after the final meal, plus I do fasted cardio in the morning to capitalize on the overnight lipolysis, meaning I don’t eat right after the HGH shot. Even so, that’s not the same as actual bloodwork and it should still be checked, so ur right
 
Don said:

Hey everyone,

Something odd is going on with my Reta experience, and I wanted to check whether others have run into the same thing

When I was on about 4mg of Reta, appetite blunting was still working well for me. It didn’t wipe out my appetite entirely, but cravings stayed manageable. Digestion is definitely still slowed down, since I fill up super quickly, almost like right after a huge buffet. As for the glucagon side, that’s tough to gauge just by feel unless u look at bloodwork before and after, though that’s a separate discussion

Roughly 3–4 weeks back, I added HGH at about 2–3 IU per day. In the beginning, appetite didn’t seem any different, particularly since I had bumped up my Reta dose too. Prior to that, even 3.5mg was doing the job nicely, similar to how 1mg felt when I first started

Lately though, even above 4mg weekly, the hunger suppression is barely noticeable compared with before. It’s almost as if HGH could be counteracting the GLP-1 somehow

After looking into it, I saw that HGH may raise ghrelin, which is essentially the hunger hormone. So I’m left wondering whether HGH and GLP-1s might clash in a way that makes appetite suppression clearly weaker

Before starting HGH, I rarely felt hungry after workouts. These days I do feel like eating again once training is done. On top of that, my late-night cravings, which used to be a major problem before Reta, appear to be creeping back somewhat

So I’d like to know

If any of u have combined GLP-1s with HGH, did your hunger or cravings shift at all? Did HGH blunt the appetite suppression for u, or did nothing change?

@Don My routine is Reta at 8mg/wk, and Tesa at 2mg/day was introduced 2 weeks back. Since Tesa stimulates GH, your note about hunger going up made me realize mine has climbed too. I've still kept calories down without trouble, and the hunger isn't extreme, yet it's stronger than what I had before starting Tesamorelin.

What puzzles me is this: even though my calorie deficit sits well under my BMR, the pounds aren't dropping quickly. Water retention gets blamed by some (I don't feel like I am). Muscle gain gets blamed by others (not likely). I also doubt I've eaten too many extra calories.

The expected outcome would be visceral fat loss from Tesamorelin plus subcutaneous fat loss from Reta, with strong synergy between them. My guess and hope is that the body simply goes through a short adjustment phase, after which fat burning accelerates while muscle is preserved?
 
Back
Top