HGH-related water retention

Omxxl

Explorer
Joined
Mar 6, 2026
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Location
Europa
Hi everyone

For 2 weeks now I've been using HGH at 2 IU before sleep, plus retatrutide at 2.5 mg/week. My TRT dose is 150 mg.

Over the last few days my face looks somewhat puffier and the middle of my face has lost some definition. I realize this happens often, but is there any method to deal with it?
 
Omxxl said:

Hi everyone

For 2 weeks now I've been using HGH at 2 IU before sleep, plus retatrutide at 2.5 mg/week. My TRT dose is 150 mg.

Over the last few days my face looks somewhat puffier and the middle of my face has lost some definition. I realize this happens often, but is there any method to deal with it?
Probably it depends on how old you are? Begin with a small dose and increase it after 1 month, for example 1 iu.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Omxxl said:

Hi everyone

For 2 weeks now I've been using HGH at 2 IU before sleep, plus retatrutide at 2.5 mg/week. My TRT dose is 150 mg.

Over the last few days my face looks somewhat puffier and the middle of my face has lost some definition. I realize this happens often, but is there any method to deal with it?
Probably it depends on how old you are? Begin with a small dose and increase it after 1 month, for example 1 iu.
How's it going? Would you go below 2 IU? I'm 47, and my natural HGH output ought to fall somewhere in the 0.5-1 range.
 
Omxxl said:

CNCCurrency said:

Omxxl said:

Hi everyone

For 2 weeks now I've been using HGH at 2 IU before sleep, plus retatrutide at 2.5 mg/week. My TRT dose is 150 mg.

Over the last few days my face looks somewhat puffier and the middle of my face has lost some definition. I realize this happens often, but is there any method to deal with it?
Probably it depends on how old you are? Begin with a small dose and increase it after 1 month, for example 1 iu.
How's it going? Would you go below 2 IU? I'm 47, and my natural HGH output ought to fall somewhere in the 0.5-1 range.
I'm a bit older, and I stayed at 1 iu for roughly 6 weeks, and now I do a split dose of 1 iu in the am and pm.
 
Water retention is something hgh does normally, and I'm really not a fan of the approach of trying to correct it. Diuretics would probably do the job, sure, but should you actually go that route? The biggest concern is that they throw off your electrolytes, and if you aren't keeping a close eye on things through blood work, that can lead to some pretty serious outcomes. Beyond that, reaching for one medication to cancel out the side effects of a different medication tends to be an overly convoluted and higher-risk strategy. The only other option left is to lower the dose. Did you get IGF-1 tested before you began? In my own case, 1.5iu/day ended up being more than I should have taken, and my IGF-1 came back very high.
 
351831529e010ce148176eb8963161de4687d59f5bba1df4f8faf52a5e9be748.webp




Assuming this is what my IGF1 looked like prior to beginning HGH therapy, then from what I gather, keeping sodium in check while boosting potassium can reduce water retention.

Aerobic work of the LISS variety is beneficial too.
 
Omxxl said:

Hi everyone

For 2 weeks now I've been using HGH at 2 IU before sleep, plus retatrutide at 2.5 mg/week. My TRT dose is 150 mg.

Over the last few days my face looks somewhat puffier and the middle of my face has lost some definition. I realize this happens often, but is there any method to deal with it?
Increase your water intake and use a gentle diuretic.
 
Cutting back on sodium and or boosting potassium is sound and low risk. Your starting IGF-1 looks fine. Oddly enough I never dealt with any water retention whatsoever even with the very high IGF-1.
 
I'm only a little ways into an HGH/Reta stack much like yours, and I added Taurine since it supposedly helps with bloat. Just one week in so far and no swelling that I can tell
 
Omxxl said:

View attachment 10228



Assuming this is what my IGF1 looked like prior to beginning HGH therapy, then from what I gather, keeping sodium in check while boosting potassium can reduce water retention.

Aerobic work of the LISS variety is beneficial too.
What's the situation at this point?
 
Right now I'm hyper-aware of water retention because I tend to react badly to it. A lot of people would tell you to use a diuretic. I'd back up what Lessthanhalf said. Getting diuretics and electrolytes to stay in balance is a tough job, but you have to do it. Watch out. While on diuretics, I took telmisartan for kidney protection
 
Just crossed week 10 since I began 2iu. At 2IU the water retention was mild, and I had a touch of numbness around the ankles (noticed when I sit on the coach and prop my feet up). I gave 2.5IU a go for 2 days and man, it hit me hard.

The numbness got really bad and my ankles looked like my biceps.

After I went back down to 2IU, everything returned to normal the following day.
 
sfkid said:

Just crossed week 10 since I began 2iu. At 2IU the water retention was mild, and I had a touch of numbness around the ankles (noticed when I sit on the coach and prop my feet up). I gave 2.5IU a go for 2 days and man, it hit me hard.

The numbness got really bad and my ankles looked like my biceps.

After I went back down to 2IU, everything returned to normal the following day.
A number of the real pharmaceutical manufacturers that make FDA-approved HGH for patients suggest an every-other-night schedule, using twice the daily intended dose, as a way to cut down on water retention. For instance: rather than 2iu's nightly before bed, you'd take 4iu's before bed on alternating days.
 
Back
Top