lessthanhalf
Explorer
What I have here comes straight from a few google scholar papers, so the age-based dosing and the iu/mg conversions are accurate.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
MTSpace said:
Once you began HGH, how soon did you notice anything? I've only just started, so I'm wondering — I've come across claims that meaningful results need 6-12 months???Bunts said:
A few more weeks have passed!
My nightly dose now sits at 4iu. That's as high as I plan to go, or at least that's how I feel right now.
Water retention hasn't gone anywhere, and sadly the trend line is pointing up. I knew this trade-off was coming, so I'm at peace with it, and honestly it isn't causing me much grief. There's a 'fuller' look to me that I don't mind. Some definition has slipped away, but nothing I can't handle. The carpal tunnel sensations have completely vanished, which is a relief - they were never more than mild anyway, even when they peaked.
Bodyfat keeps moving in the right direction. My smartwatch put me at 19.1% a 31 day stretch ago, and now it reads ~16%. Weight has barely budged, and neither has my gym strength. In fact I'm making progress right now despite eating in a deficit - body composition gains, amazing!
Skeletal muscle supports this too, climbing from 31.3kg to 32.8kg.
One caveat: those figures come from my samsung smartwatch, and my weight comes from a fairly cheap set of scales. My weigh-in timing stays consistent, though. Trends matter more to me than the raw figures, but putting numbers down makes this easier to explain.
Can I credit all of the above to HGH alone? I doubt it. Reta plus training like a hound surely plays a role. What stands out, though, is that the sole addition this past month was HGH. My training volume, exercise selection, and calorie deficit have all stayed roughly the same.
HGH stays in the picture for the foreseeable future!
Appreciate you reading![]()
I found your post motivating. I'm in week 2 of H, and I'm also taking the long view.Bunts said:
MTSpace said:
Once you began HGH, how soon did you notice anything? I've only just started, so I'm wondering — I've come across claims that meaningful results need 6-12 months???Bunts said:
A few more weeks have passed!
My nightly dose now sits at 4iu. That's as high as I plan to go, or at least that's how I feel right now.
Water retention hasn't gone anywhere, and sadly the trend line is pointing up. I knew this trade-off was coming, so I'm at peace with it, and honestly it isn't causing me much grief. There's a 'fuller' look to me that I don't mind. Some definition has slipped away, but nothing I can't handle. The carpal tunnel sensations have completely vanished, which is a relief - they were never more than mild anyway, even when they peaked.
Bodyfat keeps moving in the right direction. My smartwatch put me at 19.1% a 31 day stretch ago, and now it reads ~16%. Weight has barely budged, and neither has my gym strength. In fact I'm making progress right now despite eating in a deficit - body composition gains, amazing!
Skeletal muscle supports this too, climbing from 31.3kg to 32.8kg.
One caveat: those figures come from my samsung smartwatch, and my weight comes from a fairly cheap set of scales. My weigh-in timing stays consistent, though. Trends matter more to me than the raw figures, but putting numbers down makes this easier to explain.
Can I credit all of the above to HGH alone? I doubt it. Reta plus training like a hound surely plays a role. What stands out, though, is that the sole addition this past month was HGH. My training volume, exercise selection, and calorie deficit have all stayed roughly the same.
HGH stays in the picture for the foreseeable future!
Appreciate you reading![]()
When it comes to how something 'feels', that is genuinely hard to pin down.
It wasn't a case of waking up one morning and noticing the aches had eased off, or sensing some sort of body recomp taking place. That's the reason I track every metric I can. It's similar to dropping weight: judging even a 1kg fat loss by eye alone is tough, yet the scales reveal it much faster than the eye can.
Around the point I passed week 2, I started picking up on a few things. I could push slightly harder during gym sessions, bounce back faster, and noticed minor visual shifts as lower belly fat began to move. Even so, these were small enough that placebo could explain them, or the thought of 'I know im taking HGH, so it must be that!'. I never recorded any waist measurements, so I have no solid before vs after figure to point to.
My view hasn't changed: HGH is a long-game thing. Don't count on sudden effects the way you would with a GLP, for instance, but I'm absolutely certain it's doing something - the numbers provided to me confirm that.
If it really does take 6+ months before progress shows, I cant wait to see what 'progress' really looks like!
This sounds like a person who probably was never part of the group that reta is meant for to begin with, lacks substantial obesity, and is sharing views that are somewhat offensive — the kind that could pass on meso or a bodybuilding forum, yet have no place on GLP1Chat. Should that individual actually be obese, chances are they will come to understand in time just how hard it is to keep weight off over the long haul.wildweasel said:
This is the real expecation.
Unless if you have a large amount of weight to drop, you will stop using the reta before the hgh kicks in, unless if you are one of those oddballs who just uses reta all year as a crutch to avoid eating a healhty diet
probably about 3 months before the fat loss form hgh is really noticable. most of the time until then you will maybe have higher subq water and might look a little bigger
Click to expand...
You nailed it. Reta was a lifesaver for me. Try eating junk while taking Reta — it won't go well for you!lessthanhalf said:
This sounds like a person who probably was never part of the group that reta is meant for to begin with, lacks substantial obesity, and is sharing views that are somewhat offensive — the kind that could pass on meso or a bodybuilding forum, yet have no place on GLP1Chat. Should that individual actually be obese, chances are they will come to understand in time just how hard it is to keep weight off over the long haul.wildweasel said:
This is the real expecation.
Unless if you have a large amount of weight to drop, you will stop using the reta before the hgh kicks in, unless if you are one of those oddballs who just uses reta all year as a crutch to avoid eating a healhty diet
probably about 3 months before the fat loss form hgh is really noticable. most of the time until then you will maybe have higher subq water and might look a little bigger
Click to expand...
For people with severe obesity, reta and other GLPs are genuinely lifesaving, and remaining on them for the long term is, by a wide margin, the most effective way to hold onto weight loss. In that setting, using the drug is a proper and reasonable medical treatment, not some crutch for oddballs, and saying otherwise is offensive.
When the drug is taken outside its intended use — cosmetic weight loss — the approach may look different, but extending that reasoning to everyone is not helpful.
I see your pointlessthanhalf said:
This sounds like a person who probably was never part of the group that reta is meant for to begin with, lacks substantial obesity, and is sharing views that are somewhat offensive — the kind that could pass on meso or a bodybuilding forum, yet have no place on GLP1Chat. Should that individual actually be obese, chances are they will come to understand in time just how hard it is to keep weight off over the long haul.wildweasel said:
This is the real expecation.
Unless if you have a large amount of weight to drop, you will stop using the reta before the hgh kicks in, unless if you are one of those oddballs who just uses reta all year as a crutch to avoid eating a healhty diet
probably about 3 months before the fat loss form hgh is really noticable. most of the time until then you will maybe have higher subq water and might look a little bigger
Click to expand...
For people with severe obesity, reta and other GLPs are genuinely lifesaving, and remaining on them for the long term is, by a wide margin, the most effective way to hold onto weight loss. In that setting, using the drug is a proper and reasonable medical treatment, not some crutch for oddballs, and saying otherwise is offensive.
When the drug is taken outside its intended use — cosmetic weight loss — the approach may look different, but extending that reasoning to everyone is not helpful.